Why Is It So Hard For a Japanese To Admit What Grandpa Did Was Fucked Up?

That's honestly all they have to do, and no one will accuse them of being war crime apologists or suspect they want to bring their empire back. Just admit that their predecessors did fucked up shit that was wrong and they got what was coming to them.

It's gotta be that familial loyalty bullshit, that collectivist "family honor" crap, at some level. There's no other reason to defend barbarism by people who are all dead anyway, whose actions are not your own and you don't have to take responsibility for, unless you just axiomatically believe you shouldn't speak ill of people you're genetically related to.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=821R0lGUL6A
youtube.com/watch?v=fEZW_6EM1Ms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They don't "have" to, that is, if they don't feel there's anything wrong with apologetics for these guys. But that doesn't speak very highly of one's morality does it.

>Why Is It So Hard For a Japanese To Admit What Grandpa Did Was Fucked Up?

For the same reason grandsons of WW2 US bomber pilots refuse to admit their grandads were murderers of children

bomber harris do it again

They didn't do anything fucked up. The chinese aren't people

At least Japanese still own it as their own deed, even if they have an ambivalent attitude towards it. Filthy Germans have already deluded themselves into completely externalizing their Nazi history as an external enemy to an extent where they sincerely believe that they were the victims of/victors over Nazis.

It's my understanding that the US purged nationalistic/imperial tendencies in Japan far less than they did in Germany. For example the Imperial Japanese flag (the one with lines coming from the sun) was not banned despite how harshly the swastika and nazi flag were treated in Germany.

If you're asking specifically about why newer generations deny Japanese war crimes, it's because they aren't taught correctly about it in school. In American schools students are taught about both sides of the war (a little too much if you ask me) meaning we focus on both what good things Americans did and bad thing Americans did. It's very different in Japan. I've spoken with a Jap girl about my age and she said that things like the Rape of Nanking and Korean and Chinese "comfort women" were never taught to her. She also said she learned that America was a big evil war-mongerer who attacked Japan out of hatred.

Same reason most western nations can't do the same for the people they fucked over inside and outside the country.

>but muh convinent double standard
>but muh history was written by the victors
>we can only praise people on our side.
Apparently large populations have ingroup biases to justify even the most heinous crimes, surely you are the only one to realise this!!

>Oh no Fluffy :'(
>Eats Burger
Chinks are subhuman, but so are meat eating cucks

Because teaching your kids about your country's wrong doings only breeds commies.
See America and Germany. "Abloo bloo Native American genocide, slavery, we need to pay reparations because my stupid undeveloped brain thinks these events are still relevant"
Japan is avoiding a bunch of AntiFag high schoolers.

i don't eat burgers

>reparations=gibs
Nope. America belongs to the Amerindians. That's the reparation.

The Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere was an attempt at peace and economic development in east Asia. Uncle Sam and the colonial powers of Europe didn't like the idea of Asia going its own way and did everything they could do to halt it. A lot of the propaganda against Japan is there to justify American aggression and retroactively justify the horrific atomic bombings at the end of the war.

>belongs to the Amerindians.
thats a awfully incorrect word, belonging can spread to everything else at that case and will only cause the Indians to live in Teepees and raiding each other for slaves and resources around a complex society because that was 'their way' and it 'belonged to the'.

Ask Mehmet

It's simple. If europe belongs to the europeans, America belongs to the Amerindians. Don't you agree?

Because that's not only useless, that's wrong.
My grandpa killed nazis, then vietcongs, then fellagas. There is literaly no point in asking how it was wrong or right, he did what history commanded. The Japanese decapited their enemies, oh well, how is it worse than put them a bullet in the heart? The manner is irrelevant, it's just a cultural thing, stop thinking there's a "good" way to kill. B-but they were civilians! Yeah welcome in this world, they always were and always will be the first victims of the war, you can as well ask apologizes and reparation to each and every country that was at war at one point of history.
Pussy.

As soon as the Chippewa start reparations towards the Sioux we'll talk.

>Decapitated their enemies.
There is a difference between an enemy combatant and a civilian. Soldiers are TO DO THEIR BEST to avoid harming civilians.

Funny you should say that when Japan has the largest unironic communist party in the developed world, I mean it's actually called the communist party

>For example the Imperial Japanese flag (the one with lines coming from the sun) was not banned despite how harshly the swastika and nazi flag were treated in Germany.
The rising sun flag is not the flag of Imperial Japan you imbecile.

Because it gives China and all the other countries Japan committed atrocities against bargaining power. It would be a lot harder for Japan to reasonably refuse the compensation claims that pop up every few years from China and Korea if Japan acknowledges any wrongdoing.

On top of that, however, it's a matter of saving face. The Japanese already know they did some fucked up stuff during the war they just don't want to admit to it because it's embarrassing to admit a wrongdoing and they feel it would demean them.

you do realise that japanese teachers are notoriously left wing already right?in fact the usual clain from conservative revisionists is that theyre too apologetic

Japan has officially apologized multiple times.

>The Emperor offered to apologize personally but MacArthur didn't even meet with him
Was this all part of America's foreign policy plan? To isolate Japan from the rest of Asia?

This fuck 'em, the japs are the only East Asians that are human, the rest are soulless drones.

Rape of Nanking best time of my life,

>Soldiers are TO DO THEIR BEST to avoid harming civilians.
Motherfucjing LOL! In what world are you living? Name a single war where civilians were not specifically targeted. Human destruction is the main goal of any war, it's not funny but it's like that.

>but muh invasion of Japan
>but muh justified nukes
>we dindu nuffin
really makes you think.

they'll leave as soon as you

in the end i have no choice but to agree.

Why do you care so much that they don't?

>and bad thing Americans did.
Not really.
American rapes in occupied territories seldom get covered in school.

Why should we agree, when you reject the premise that Europe belongs to the Europeans?

>tfw we just pinned the blame on a few Blacks as scapegoats while the rest got nothing or a slap on the wrist

They massacred the population of Nanjing for fun.

That's a level of sadism that's rarely been matched since, and certainly not by any western country.

I still think they got off the hook easily compared to the Germans. The Japanese murdered 11 million civilians and commited unspeakable atrocities, worse than anything the Germans did on an individual level, and worse in a large scale as well.

Germans killed well more than 11 million civilians combined, and had their own Unit 711 and other gruesome things.

It wasn't for fun, they were fucking pissed off about Shanghai, they did it for revenge

>invention of internet allows people to freely discuss ideas
>everyone realizes jews are shitty people

how does this make you feel?

>Thinks it took the invention of the internet for casual racism against Jews
What sort of argument are you trying to make?

Because grandpa was a cool guy

Typical /pol/tard 'we will bury u in twenty years' tactic for when they run out of macros + nonarguments.

Because it is a great shame to the Japanese, and the Japanese don't talk about their shame.

Because what Chinese (and Korean) governments want is not an apology, but the moral sense of superiority over Japan,
and no amount of apology will never be enough for them unless Japan really becomes irrelevant like the Mongols.

>being this cucklefty

>Because what Chinese (and Korean) governments want is not an apology, but the moral sense of superiority over Japan,

Nice assumptions lol.

Because all of the "stories" spread about the Japanese in WWII is Soros bullshit. The Japanese were welcomed as liberators and they treated all POWs even the Chinese were treated with respect. After everything they said about other countries the west demonizes, in my opinion these "horror stories" about alleged "crimes" in WWII by the Japanese is Soros propaganda. Why do you think George Soros is funding the UN to get Japan to accept more "diversity" and less "racism" and at the same time also continue to harp on an issue that doesn't even exist. The Japanese did none of what they said they did in WWII.

>history commanded
lmao
>ITS JUST THE WAY IT IS
No child, you're the pussy.

>Europe belongs to the Europeans
not when youre all a bunch of transgender homos that have a birth rate of 0
thanks for the free stuff euronigger

Well, you invaded our continent. It's your turn to get invaded and mongrelized. Don't you agree?

Surely if you want to talk about history rigorously, it's not an "all-or-nothing" situation. Both sides can be wrong (or at the very least acknowledge what they did).

inb4 moral relativism or utilitarianism.

lol what is the bataan death march you stupid /pol/ cuck

B-b-but... Honor is a thing, user, right?

>Unit 711
>injected slurpees into prisoners

>no one will suspect they want to bring their empire back
But they do want to do that though. The only thing preventing Rape of Nanking Part II: Electric Boogaloo is US involvement in the region.

Look what it did to Germany

Cattle are bred specifically for slaughter. They also do it in the most human way possible. Dogs aren't for eating and it's the way they treat them beforehand and how they kill them. You retard

>Dogs aren't for eating
Says who ?

Japan is all about status and saving face.
Google: Saving face.
/Donethread

Well in first world countries they aren't for eating. They're domesticated animals over here. Not wild you third world shitter

It does not make sense to eat carnivores you dum dum

uma delicia

Not that I'm defending the consumption of dogs, but there are many animals we eat that are carnivores. Most seafood is carnivorous.

>They also do it in the most human way possible.

Hell no.

With the highest efficiently possible as well

That is true, but the resources needed to sustain a herd of let's say dogs far outweights that of pigs when it comes to kg of meat.

Efficiency yes but humane not really.

You got numbers?(also remember that those dogs eaten are bred for that purpose).

Isn't dumb to breed dogs for meat?
I mean they're carnivores themself.

Bataan "death" march wasn't that bad as depicted by the Soros backed UN "historians" so that's a poor example of alleged "crimes" that the Rothschilds like to make up about countries that didn't have a Rothschild bank.

There are plenty of carnivorous fish bred for meat. Dogs are easy to mass breed. It's just not done in the west for moralfaggotry reasons.

Resources needed to sustain a cow far outweighs that of a pig, which far outweighs that of a chicken, per kg of meat. Yet we still raise cows.

>It's my understanding that the US purged nationalistic/imperial tendencies in Japan far less than they did in Germany.

They didn't. Look at the difference between these 2 videos made for our troops.
youtube.com/watch?v=821R0lGUL6A
youtube.com/watch?v=fEZW_6EM1Ms

>The Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere was an attempt at peace and economic development in east Asia.
Yeah if you ignore that it made every other country basically a puppet state to Japan.

They arent white only whites have a batshit insane savior complex

It depends on the part of China whether they eat dog, and dog consumption isn't even that common in those parts anyway.

The only time I actually saw dog meat for sale was in Korea, not China.

>muh Dresden!
>What do you mean "there would've been more deaths on both sides if there was an invasion"?

No, it's more like
>bullet in the heart
vs
>live vivisections

>B-17=Flying war crime!
You're a joke

Says you get less out of eating carnivores

Don't laugh about that user. Unit 711 was a really fucked up place, it was just as bad as Unit 731. They didn't just inject slurpees into prisoners, after they injected the sweet tasting concoction, they vivisected them alive without anesthesia to study the effects. They were operated on by people like Abdul.

They also cut open their heads and poured in the slurpees into the brain of the victim to study brain freeze and the effects of it.

Can someone list me other fucked up experiments they did at Unit 711?

Dogs have been specifically bred to be companions, they have been bred to be trusting of humans and form bonds with us on a deep level.

Honestly unit 731 is the most horrific thing I have ever read about, and I rate it as the worst thing ever to have happened in human history, along with things like the Brazen Bull.

There's something decidedly off about East Asians, they lack a deeper sense of empathy, reading about life in China is disgusting.

Koreans place bronze statues of "comfort women" outside japanese embassies and their embassy in japan.

south koreans still demands reparations. even though japan gave billions in reparations in the 1960s to the south korean government.

the south koreans are trying to jew the japanese.