What the fuck was wrong with ancient egyptian brains that they thought this made sense?

What the fuck was wrong with ancient egyptian brains that they thought this made sense?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/science/2016/aug/10/skeletal-remains-confirm-ancient-greeks-engaged-in-human-sacrifice
youtube.com/watch?v=2DZbXf0Fyn0
youtube.com/watch?v=lsLDTyxkP7A
youtube.com/watch?v=a6wmDBz8H_Q
reddit.com/r/TheImperialCult/comments/6s8vgg/enchanted_delerium/dlbkpit/
youtube.com/watch?v=l7hfZLTjTSs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They were some of the earliest kings, they stopped like in the old kingdom, around 2650 bc, Chinese still did in 200 bc

you'll never understand the complexity of my ancestors' brains you cracker subhuman

Maybe they were bad servants.

They wanted to take their possessions and friends to the afterlife with them safely. Pretty obvious.

The Chinese did retinue sacrifice too.

#justbronzeagethings

You are buried with the things you'll need in the afterlife.

Those kangz obviously believed they'll need their servants.

Ottoman Turks did the same thing early on, and that was in the medieval period.

It was actually considered an honor, because it meant you got to live in the Pharoah's palace in the afterlife rather than working in the fields with the other peasants.

Wait, how did the dead king have people killed?

In his will?

I have to go re-read "Pyramids" now...

Well, where theres a will, there's a way, I guess.

The Chinese, Incas, Assyrians, did the same thing, among others. Human life had very little value for Bronze Age civilizations and religion was all-encompassing.

For the servants it was an honor to die with the Pharaoh (Literally Horus made flesh) rather than die toiling at a field or dragging some giant granite stone under the whip of a slave master.

The Minoans were the only Bronze Age civilization to value even the lowliest servant life and individualism, to a degree. It is said the "liberal" spirit (in the classical liberal sense) of the Greeks and Romans comes from them. The Minoans were the watershed, the great split between the more individual West and the more collectivist East.

do you want more proof that the kangz were black?

Stop, the Minoans did it too. Stop it.

There's barely any evidence they did it, if they did it, it was really sporadic in times of extreme crisis

>we wuz kingz n shit
hahaha underrated post

The Assyrians did it?

Really?

I don't recall it

you don't know what a mummy is?

Also I doubt the "west" at the time was individualistic, it was tribal and there's no evidence of social stratification in bronze age Europe

Vikings buried your slave girls with you when you died.

>Bitch wash my mead mug gots to look sharp for Valhalla tonight yo

>le individualist West and collectivist East meme
could you stop pretending to have an interested in history

The medieval europe sacrificed humans too didn't they? Late 17th century America had its own strings of human sacrifices.

These crazy religious doctrines/influences are everywhere. Fucking white people are crazy as fuck.

No medieval Europeans didn't sacrifice anyone you retarded cuckold left leaning beta

NIce ad-homo there.

Ad hominem you ignorant buffoon

One account by Ahmad ibn Fadlan as part of his account of an embassy to the Volga Bulgars in 921 claims that Norse warriors were sometimes buried with enslaved women with the belief that these women would become their wives in Valhalla. In his description of the funeral of a Scandinavian chieftain, a slave volunteers to die with a Norseman. After ten days of festivities, she is stabbed to death by an old woman, a sort of priestess who is referred to as Völva or "Angel of Death", and burnt together with the dead in his boat. This practice is evidenced archaeologically, with many male warrior burials (such as the ship burial at Balladoole on the Isle of Man, or that at Oseberg in Norway[45]) also containing female remains with signs of trauma.

According to Adémar de Chabannes, just before his death in 932 or 933 Rollo (founder and first ruler of the Viking principality of Normandy) practised human sacrifices to appease the pagan gods, and at the same time made gifts to the churches in Normandy.[46]

Adam von Bremen recorded human sacrifices to Odin in 11th-century Sweden, at the Temple at Uppsala, a tradition which is confirmed by Gesta Danorum and the Norse sagas. According to the Ynglinga saga, king Domalde was sacrificed there in the hope of bringing greater future harvests and the total domination of all future wars. The same saga also relates that Domalde's descendant king Aun sacrificed nine of his own sons to Odin in exchange for longer life, until the Swedes stopped him from sacrificing his last son, Egil.

Heidrek in the Hervarar saga agrees to the sacrifice of his son in exchange for the command over a fourth of the men of Reidgotaland. With these, he seizes the entire kingdom and prevents the sacrifice of his son, dedicating those fallen in his rebellion to Odin instead.

In the 10th century, Persian explorer Ahmad ibn Rustah described funerary rites for the Rus' (Scandinavian Norsemen traders in northeastern Europe) including the sacrifice of a young female slave.[49] Leo the Deacon describes prisoner sacrifice by the Rus' led by Sviatoslav during the Russo-Byzantine War "in accordance with their ancestral custom."[50]

According to the 12th-century Russian Primary Chronicle, prisoners of war were sacrificed to the supreme Slavic deity Perun. Sacrifices to pagan gods, along with paganism itself, were banned after the Baptism of Rus' by Prince Vladimir I in the 980s.[51]

Archeological findings indicate that the practice may have been widespread, at least among slaves, judging from mass graves containing the cremated fragments of a number of different people.[49]

Norse aren't European, for fuck's sake I obviously mean Christian Europeans, I know vikings were savages big surprise!

Found the homo

Civilized Egyptians, Chinese etc didn't sacrifice anyone during that time period either.

...AND???

There's no way the so called "liberal spirit" of the Minoans infused itself onto the Mycenaeans, since they too performed Human sacrifice.
Agamemnon sacrifices Iphigenia and Achilles sacrifices many men at Patroklos' funeral, and, finally, Polyxena was sacrificed when leaving troy.

Pindick people are scary.

>letting some prick get all your servants just because you died

> since they too performed Human sacrifice.

A legend is now history boys... the absolute state of this board, that vase is from the 6th century bc... hmmm that's 700 years after the Mycenean palace system collapsed, really makes you ponder...

And even in the myth itself it was a one time thing that had tragic repercussions and was done because of extremely dire cirumstances

You're giving them too much credit in a way, the Homeric poems were composed around the same time as the other archaic classics like the Theban cycle etc, many centuries after the Mycenaean period. It's hard to tell if the sacrifices are historically accurate Mycenaean practices or if they're later additions that made sense to the authors.
What's clear in any case is that the later Greeks were quite enthusiastic about human sacrifice if the stories that most resonated with them are any indication.

>Casually mentioning human sacrifice in an account of Mycenaean legend is ahistorical
Boi

>extremely dire circumstances
The same as the Inca.

Still irrelevant.

Why do you keep pushing for the individualist-collectivist meme?

>casually

Lol, it was a huge thing and many tragedies were wrote about it, open a book before typing whatever you feel like

theguardian.com/science/2016/aug/10/skeletal-remains-confirm-ancient-greeks-engaged-in-human-sacrifice
Considering these skeletons, mycenaeans sacrificed people.

Why do you deny history?

There's quite some difference between a trading empire like the Myceneans and a mountain empire based on a god-emperor like the Incas

Because it doesn't fit his narrative.

But later Greek legends changed the sacrifice of Iphigenia into an Isaac-esque tale of her being rescued by Artemis. The human sacrifice is the more basal addition. Also, why would they make their ancestors more barbaric?
You're too biased against the sources. The Iliad and the Odyssey both contain references far more archaic features than would have been contemporaneous to Homer.

Why are you responding to me, when I'm supporting it?
The sacrifices to Patroklos were casual. The best you could ever hope for is to point out that they weren't sacrificing Greeks

Because it's a sensationalistic article, the only thing you do, gobbling up garbage articles instead of academic publications or books

Also 3,000 years old, what does it mean?

Because in 1,000 bc the Mycenean civilization was gone since two centuries before and it was a dark age

>garbage
So if academia doesn't give its opinion yet, it's garbage?

Hmm...

Old kingdom was some crazy shit, human sacrifice and burial for pharaohs ended up falling out later in favor of pic related.

>Chinese still did in 200 bc
Well obviously we already know there's something wrong with Chinese brains, I'm more surprised there were non-Chinese doing this too.

How does it NOT make sense? There is an afterlife, you want servants to be with you in the afterlife, therefore you take the servants with you into the afterlife.

>the more individual West and the more collectivist East.

thats cause of the outofearth leaders they prayed to, they also were there leaders. literally

hyrographicaly

most egypts are asians 2

>murdering hundreds of able workers because you fell for an inane superstition about how you'll magically still have thoughts, feelings, and a new magic body after your actual bodily functions have terminated

What, exactly, is "inane" about it? They didn't have modern neurology to tell them that mind is something physical.

this would have been done by the successor, wouldn't it? seems like a convenient way to get rid of the previous political structure.

You don't need modern neurology to refrain from believing in magical bullshit nobody ever had any evidence for. I'm pretty sure all of them would've personally observed how an animal is responsive and functional when their body is alive and isn't when their body is dead. It's not like there's even some sort of reasonable illusion misleading them like in the case of geocentrism where the celestial bodies look like they're revolving around us from our perspective.

I don't think the people sacrificed in this way were major political players. They were like your butler, or your cook, or the nanny you hire to watch your kids.

What about dreams? What about schizophrenia? What about hallucinogenics? What about all sorts of weird, apparently non-physical phenomena like mirages? Minds are obviously special in a way that isn't apparent when you examine the body, so it's perfectly sensible to believe that they're made from a different kind of substance. Since that substance cannot be found when examining a dead body, it obviously must leave the body upon death.

Wrong.

consider the root word of "lobbying"

these would be people who 1. work in the palace and 2. were the previous ruler's friends. I assume they'd be talking with everyone who visits or lives there and basically get the chance to lobby to everyone important.

>What the fuck was wrong with ancient egyptian brains that they thought this made sense?

Because the Ancient Egyptians knew that life doesn't end after death because, unlike monotheists, they treated prophets of the gods with honor instead of murdering them.

Regardless, they rightfully stopped the practice pretty early on.

youtube.com/watch?v=2DZbXf0Fyn0

I don't think slaves are usually your friends in that context. There were plenty of people who'd be around the ruler and would have actual power / influence, it's not like he was constantly the only free man in a room full of slaves.

Why do you keep on posting this same inscrutable mess of a youtube video in every thread?

would you consider it normal for there to be some kind of hostility between you and your cook or butler?

I'm pretty sure slaves aren't allowed to express hostility.

>Why do you keep on posting this same inscrutable mess of a youtube video in every thread?

It's not inscrutable - you just don't care enough to pay attention or are simply unteachable. Not my problem - your problem. I was explaining why servants died with the early Pharaohs and showing you some modern prophets:

youtube.com/watch?v=lsLDTyxkP7A

youtube.com/watch?v=a6wmDBz8H_Q

There is an explanation of many of the clips used in my collages here if you feel the need to understand the context: reddit.com/r/TheImperialCult/comments/6s8vgg/enchanted_delerium/dlbkpit/

>reddit.com/r/TheImperialCult/comments/6s8vgg/enchanted_delerium/dlbkpit/
>About 8 years ago I was put in a psych ward.
Ohhhhh...

...let me put it this way. would you consider it clever to antagonize the people who make your food, clean your clothes, welcome your guests, watch your children, run your errands, etc?

>Ohhhhh...

Yeah, exactly, and now I have overwhelming evidence I was telling the truth.

No, but that doesn't mean I would consider them friends or people to get advice from.

>would you consider it normal for there to be some kind of hostility between you and your cook or butler?

It was considered an act of loyalty to the Pharaoh who is a god - to join him in death and be with him in the afterlife as he is one with Osiris, the god of the underworld.

There's only one way to really get off this planet for a mortal - and that's death - not warp drive.

youtube.com/watch?v=l7hfZLTjTSs

>pagans
Irrelevant
>voelva
lewd

History is nonsense.
History is a made-up narrative

Underrated post