Ask someone who is unironically a determinist, materialist, atheist, and nihilist anything

Ask someone who is unironically a determinist, materialist, atheist, and nihilist anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2DZbXf0Fyn0
youtube.com/watch?v=Qi29ezmfoX8
youtube.com/channel/UC5vW3me8BBkUnVfoZaXMh6w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So you're basically, in other words, a greedy, unbelieving opportunist who doesn't care for anything but himself.

How was your day?
What do you like the most about your best friend?
Are you hyped for something?
What's your favorite kind of candy?
How is your career/school going?
What are your future plans?
What kind of animals do you like?

How do you avoid getting depressed? Existential nihilism is a black pill I wish I didn't swallow, I've seriously considered larping as a Christian like

what's stopping you from killing yourself?

>How was your day?
It was nice I spent the morning out with my mom.
>What do you like the most about your best friend?
I like that they aren't afraid to tell me anything even if I hate the things they tell me.
>Are you hyped for something?
I'm looking forward to the upcoming pokemon games on the 3ds.
>What's your favorite kind of candy?
Anything with milk chocolate.
>How is your career/school going?
I've almost earned my BA.
>What are your future plans?
Have a career that is related to my major.
>What kind of animals do you like?
I like cute ones and interesting ones. Cute usually refers to mammals for me and interesting usually refers to very small animals or ones in the ocean.
>How do you avoid getting depressed?
Staying productive and having a steady schedule seems to work for me. Whether that is learning more about my field of study or improving at my hobbies.
>what's stopping you from killing yourself?
You are, user.

forgot to quote you guys here

obviously I meant this one Anyway, these personal type of questions aren't what I had in mind when I made this thread. I though you guys would want to discuss the merits of those positions or something along those lines.

>Ask someone who is unironically a determinist, materialist, atheist, and nihilist anything.

What if you knew the chance god doesn't exist is less than 1/1,000,000?

youtube.com/watch?v=2DZbXf0Fyn0

If I knew that then I wouldn't be as certain about being an atheist as I am now.

who is that?

yeah, whatever.

>If I knew that then I wouldn't be as certain about being an atheist as I am now.

Well, I just gave you indication of that from one of the Seven Wonders of the World - which is also a temple to a god.

youtube.com/watch?v=Qi29ezmfoX8

Stephanie7Whispers youtube.com/channel/UC5vW3me8BBkUnVfoZaXMh6w

Explain this pic to me

thank you very much sire

Do you adhere to any 'secular theodicies' that give you an optimistic outlook? The amount of meaningless suffering in our world is tough to contemplate within a nihilistic framework. Examples of secular theodicies would include political ideologies or things like transhumanism

how do I get a gf?

I vote in elections for candidates that I think would support the longevity of the nation/community I am a part of. I'm not sure if this is tied to any specific political ideology because I think that different sorts of candidates are needed at different times to met that goal. You can decide if this counts as one of those secular theodicies.
just bee yourself

Does a set of all sets contain itself?

It's indecipherable garbage. He's been spamming his youtube channel on this board for a while now. I think he might legitimately have a mental disorder.

ask me later

Since you know that the universe is causal, why do you not see the problem with believing the universe has no creator? Surely you don't think that there was nothing, then something, because it does not logically follow that nothing will produce something. You must believe that the universe has always existed. But in this case, you will be tracing the causal path of the universe for infinity. How can there be no first cause? What ultimately caused our universe to be in this exact state, but not one of the infinite other possibilities?

The universe is a sum of finite things which behave causally; therefore the universe is also finite and behaves causally. There must be some external entity which isn't causal which created the universe. This is God. We have hardly any comprehension of him because he is infinite, and infinity is impossible for a human to comprehend (we only comprehend that we can't fully comprehend it). Either way you believe the universe was created, you must admit that you don't fully understand it. I prefer the option that is consistent with a deterministic universe.

All of the problems you have with the universe having no creator can be applied to a creator. You only think they don't because you are freeing God of any responsibility to abide by logic by attributing to him supernatural qualities that allow for anything to be possible. Anyone could just as well free the universe of those responsibilities by asserting that the universe itself has those supernatural qualities which would allow for its creation without a creator to be possible.

>Existential nihilism
more like self indulgent solipsism. Go read more books and stop assuming your conditional mind has revealed an absolute.

To assign the universe supernatural powers is to revoke our understanding of it. We know from observation and reasoning that it is deterministic. How can a sequence of causes be infinite? How can almost all the sequence be reasonable and necessary, but the first follow the absence of a cause? The difference between God and the universe is that we don't know if God is causal or not. There may be two gods or 500 gods, or we may be in a simulation by humans like ourselves, or a pet universe for aliens, etc. We observe that our realm is causal; therefore there must be something outside of it that isn't causal and ultimately caused our universe's existence. This entity is infinite and inconceivable. The universe is hardly inconceivable.

I wasn't advocating the supernatural universe view in my post. I brought it up to show how your view is as baseless as that one because it relies on the same free-1-thing-of-responsibility-for-no-particular-reason tactic.

Not OP, but I love how the only thing religionfags can do when faced with objectivity is resort to spouting ad hominems.

Assuming the existence of a causa prima does in no way whatsoever imply the existence of a conscient, omnipotent entity, i.e. God

It's not baseless at all. I see that the universe has a consistent set of laws that have allowed us to observe those laws. Causality is one of them. It would seem as if the universe must also be caused by something. If not, then the universe isn't consistent with its laws. A causal universe and an incomprehensible God makes more sense to me than a universe which acts consistently only after its creation.

I didn't attribute those qualities to a God. You did.

Why didn't you embrace the dharma, brother?

You don't need to believe in a god to do that

We already know that the forces of the universe weren't present at the start of the universe, they came into being a short time after the big bang. So yes the universe didn't always act consistently with its current state.
Explain dharma to me.

Well, how does any of that conflict with physicalism or atheism then?

Also, you explicitly said 'creator' not 'prime cause'.

>There must be some external entity which isn't causal which created the universe
The universe's origin has a theory-defined basis while the cause of this action is unknown. The contrary view to theistic creation isn't necessarily an infinite series of events unless you subscribe to some type of infinite universe hypothesis. I believe the source of the universe's creation is purely unknown at this point in time due to lack of evidence with any hypotheses.

>There must be some external entity which isn't causal which created the universe. This is God.
>Either way you believe the universe was created, you must admit that you don't fully understand it.
These two statements are contradictory if you're basing God being the reason on anything more than hypothetical knowledge with a basis in the Bible/other texts. Also, an external entity can literally be anything and doesn't have to be a deity. It's equally possible our universe was created by another universe which was created by a deity which actively revealed itself to its universe while never revealing itself to any sentient species in our universe.

We don't fully understand God, so the statements aren't contradictory. I call it god for convenience. I don't subscribe to any religion.

Thanks it worked. Now I have gf.

G*d btfo

I'M A DETERMINIST BELIEVER OF BIG MUTUAL CONSCIOUSNESS SEND HELP

How old are you, kid?

Where exactly did OP say that he wants to die?

Do you mind if I use your gay and shitty thread to find out what post was?

sauce?

I will never watch his undoubtedly autism-strewn videos, but from what I gather he thinks that the pyramids were built in such a way as to represent the speed of light which means ????? therefore he's a god. He's probably just a severe autist.

You are a bad person

>How old are you, kid?
see