Is this the single most influential food in the history of mankind?

Is this the single most influential food in the history of mankind?

Wheat for Europe
Rice for Asia
Potato and Corn for the Americas

It's history's first meme food. Greeks, Romans, and Levantines used to happily eat porridges of barley and rye, but once they became well-off enough to mass-produce bread instead they started pretending like porridge was some barbarian poverty food that was beneath them. The maize polenta eaten in Northern Italy is the direct descendant of Roman polentum.

Most influential food? Other animals.

Man, that's an ugly photo of a sourdough bread. I don't even want to call it that.

It's a parody of a sourdough bread. Fucking Anglos.

What did you mean by this? Sourdough is sourdough, it can look like anything, it can even have rye in it.

>muh anglos
Butthurt Yuropoor detected

>>>/reddit/

A challenger appears

>deer
>popular
no

Not so much now, but who eats bread either in 2017?
Desire for venison fueled European civilizations from ancient greeks up until industrialization.

>but who eats bread either in 2017?
wat

Wheat was also very important in Asia. Even if I don't get nitpicky and tell you that Asia goes from Japan to Turkey.

I was actually surprised when I read that wheat is by far the most popular grain in the world. I always thought it'd be rice just because of Indians and Chinese.

>unironically eating bread
lmao

>but who eats bread either in 2017?
Everyone who isn't a chubby western women jewed to be afraid of fats. Even fucking burgers eat "bread". In their burgers.

I'm trying to lose weight. Should I not be eating bread? I only really eat it when I make my pizza.

You realize that bread is pretty much all carbs and has next to no fat in it, right?

The chinese and indians also consume wheat, quite a lot actually. So they also contribute to it being popular. It's just that they're so fucking obsessed with rice compared to us that we forget that they eat bread too.

I don't care nor do fat women, the meme is that bread makes you fat.

Milk

>but lactose intolerance
pic related

Just stop being lazy, do literally any exercise and you shouldn't be fat. If you still are you're naturally fat so seek proffesional help.

Lactose intolerance is mostly a meme anyways. People who appear as 50% intolerants in your map drink milk.

Yeah but they're afraid of carbs, not fat. Get your stereotypes in order.
Dogshit advice, decreasing consumption is infinitely easier than upping expenditure. An hour long run barely burns a thousand calories and that's if you're going at a good speed, a muffin you can eat in 30 seconds has more calories in it.

Granted no one should be snacking on thousand calorie muffins but people do it and adding a light walk to their daily schedule won't stop them from getting fat with a diet like that. One bag of chips or a case of beer during the weekend and you'd need to run a marathon to burn all those extra calories

Bruh, just walk like three or four miles a day and don't eat any obvious junk food.

You don't need a very large caloric deficit to begin to lose weight, and at least in my experience, exercising more doesn't make you as hungry as eating less.

t. lost 60 pounds by doing this

I work out 5 times a week and don't eat junk food or soda at all, but I'm not talking about myself.

Two people at a similiar activity level, say 70kg and 120kg can have upwards of 2000 calorie difference in their daily expenditure for just maintaining their weight. Adding a 500 calorie jog for the 120kg guy won't make him skinny. He'll lose a few pounds for sure and maybe get motivated to turn his life around but cutting 1000 calories from his diet, most easily by cutting out snacking like you said, is tremendously more effective than trying to exercise more.

People tend to overestimate just how much our activity matters. The TDEE of a coma patient is around 1500-2000 calories while an olympic athlete training every day might only need 3000 calories. That's an increase of 50% from someone literally lying in sleep all day only using energy to maintain body temperature and other vital body functions.

See, the hard part is making calorie consumption higher than appetite.

I have no data to back this up, but I'm like 90% sure that calorie counting increases appetite more than losing the same amount of calories from exercise.

Then again, my gastrointestinal system is fucked and I can't feel hunger, so I may not be an authoritative source.

In my experience counting macros serves primarily as a tool against impulses. You at least make the effort of checking the nutrition label on everything which is often enough time to second guess your decision.

>but they're afraid of carbs, not fat. Get your stereotypes in order
Maybe in your country, nobody gives a fuck about carbs here. Either it gets you fat or not. Terminology is for autists.

>Granted no one should be snacking on thousand calorie muffins but people do it and adding a light walk to their daily schedule won't stop them from getting fat with a diet like that. One bag of chips or a case of beer during the weekend and you'd need to run a marathon to burn all those extra calories

What the fuck dude. Are you american or something? Since when is "walking" exercise instead of just a normal action everyone does? And how stereotypically obese is people around you that they consume so much junk food?

>he doesn't live in a suburb miles away from anywhere, where the only way to walk is to do circles around a park until you get bored

Do you even burger?

I really don't want to hate the USA, it produced a couple of nice things, but it's like they're actively trying to be disgusting. Like you have the greatest amount of nature of the western world except from maybe Canada and nobody cares about them. Nature is for walking.

Well, it is God after all.

Only if you do church magic.

Just thank god you don't have American urban planning.

I can still remember being in high school with no drivers license and walking two miles to the nearest McDonalds because that was the nearest place that sold food.

Are you one of those thinspo weirdos?

Grains are some of the easiest human innovations to disperse because they're just hard light seeds you can keep in a pouch. Long before the end of the Bronze Age, people were eating wheat from Britain to China.

That's because nobody cares about a bit of mild bowel discomfort.

t. diagnosed lactose intolerant and uses dairy products every single day

Nah, ketofags are just subhuman.

Underrated post

>Humans first eat meat
>3.3 million years of fuck all
>Humans first domesticate wheat
>10000 years all civilization art language sophistication social stratification engineering space flight nuclear weapons

Basically what I meant. I'm probably slightly intolerant as well.

that's not cum

>civilizations across the world consume bread for thousands of years, obesity is reserved only for the extremely elite, if there is any at all
Surely it's the bread's fault people are so unhealthy today, and not their more sedentary lifestyles.

>Is this the single most influential food in the history of mankind?
no this is

fuck off satan

How do you think noodles are made?

When was it discovered? 5,000 BC?

It was discovered when I fucked your mom.

It's funny humans didnt dying beer before 10-4,000 BC, They didnt drink Wine until 8-1,000 BC, for most of their existence They didnt drink, nor smoke, nor took drugs

Can't be fucked to look this up but didn't the use of fire and cooking meat help expand the human brain to the point where language could happen and abstract concepts could be understood?

Cannibalism has never been popular in most places.

since when did people learned to catch and eat fish Veeky Forums ?

When they were still cave people

It taste so good, but it hurts so bad.

Go away Satan.
I always wondered about what's up with that symbolic cannibalism though.

yes

Why was bread such a staple if it was so labor intensive to prepare? With rice and corn, once you grow it preparation is simple, but you still have to grind the wheat up, pound the shit out of the dough, all that shit. What gives? Why didn't they find an easier way to make wheat edible?

I was on paleo for 6 months or so and it was the best i ever felt. But bread is too fucking tempting and my discipline was lacking.

>wheat is a food

A person making bread at home can make enough bread in 8 hours for a family of 6 to last a week.
Source: Me.

Bread is just starch you paleotard. Its like eating a banana or potato.

>bruh

Stop this. Kill yourself.

So your point is humans didn't consume stuff they hadn't discovered yet?

>People who appear as 50% intolerants in your map drink milk.
Half of them probably don't

agriculture ruined the human race.

hunter gatherer societies are full of athletic and intelligent people. as they are the only ones that can survive.

agriculture allows idiots and weaklings to survive. as they can subsist off the surplus of a few alpha individual.

>the virgin agrarian
>the chad hunter-gatherer

Bumping for Satan

Herders are far superior to both peasants and hunter-gatherers

>not eating whole grain bread to boost your carbs
fag

This

Here you go.

Wheat for China too you dumbass

Hay. It's the technology that allowed civilization to develop in Northern Europe. White domination of the planet follows.

I'm guessing that's why Moldovans eat mamaliga?

rice always seemed like a huge amount of work

Rice still plays a huge important role in Chinese history as it was the surplus food from the South that never winters.

I fucking love rice.

Nubians were Not hunter gatherers they had agriculture and were urbanized

The Virgin Walk.

Transubstantiation confirmed heretical

>nor took drugs
The evidence of use of psychoactive plants goes back to prehistory, and is certainly as old as mankind. Even some animals eat funny plants.

Plus, there's plenty of evidence that some animals will actively seek out fermented fruit for their alcoholic content. The search for a strong high transcends phyla.

Its literally the reason for every accomplishment ever made by humanity, anprim scum

you probably wouldn't exist without it

>Counting calories.

Just eat a fucking high-fat high-protein diet. Your appetite autoregulates itself once carbs stop cucking your leptin. And I can work days without food.

>In my experience counting macros serves primarily as a tool against impulses. You at least make the effort of checking the nutrition label on everything which is often enough time to second guess your decision.

You're following the examples of complete fools. Eating autoregulates itself in low-carb diets. Or to make it more hyperbolic, it's a lot easier for Fatty Fred to cut down consumption on a diet that lets leptin do its work (considering that as a fatty, he has elevated levels of leptin that are being continually cucked from taking action)

CONT.

I forgot the hyperbolic part lol. Fatty Fred would have a far easier time losing weight on a diet of butter, eggs, bacon, and coconut oil than in a "standard" american diet.

It's amazing how "little" the body eats once you give your satiety hormones a chance to kick in.

Now this is shitposting.

Not really. Papers talking about the transition from HG to agriculturalists mention the weakened bones and health of the farmers. Because a monograin diet sucks balls for your health.

But farmers produce a surplus taken by the ruling caste, which was probably priestly in nature. And with this surplus, brigand leaders can support troops to participate in raids. And as history has shown, our raids have become more spectacular and devastating.

On the other spectrum, you had Mongolians who could ride for days because they ate mostly a keto sort of diet. At least until they degenerated into mandarins in their, newly conquered, territories.

beer is... it was the first incentive to overproduce, eg. to make more grain than is necessary just to keep your tribe alive, because before the invention of beer, all the grain that wasn't used, rotted away

Not to mention that it's a source of clean water. IIRC, ancient brews for daily consumption didn't have as much alcohol as something as plain as a budweiser.

yeah, this as well, because the fermentation process cleans the water