Are Ukrainians proud of their treacherous and murderous ancestors?

Are Ukrainians proud of their treacherous and murderous ancestors?

I can't read poverty runes, what is this?

It's the Battle of Zhovti Vody.
The Cossack force aligned with Potocki and Czarniecki betrayed them and joined with the tatars and Khmelnytsky.

>kwetching lyakh

Are Russians proud of their treacherous and murderous selves?

Yes, you can even find the words "And show that we brothers, are of the Cossack nation," in our national anthem.

>commie propaganda draws you as a 17th century nobleman gangsta

Not sure what to think.

Do you want to be a pig or a lapdog?

Cossacks sold their own people into slavery, they also hated the jews for some reason.

If I remember it wasn't even that but some other mistakes and bad leadership that sealed the deal.
Funny but cossacks were usually faithful to the monarch (if he was good) but the wars in the east were usually between singular Ruthenian lords. In the end the only thing that could've saved them was the establishment of Polish-Lithuanian-Ruthenian Commonwealth. It never happened and both nations were defeated by Russia. Temporarily.

It's so weird that they decided to show Poles as some kind of rich feudal lords but even if that's just propaganda it is a bit flattering that they decided to show us as if we were ever in a position of authority.

It's even more amusing when you realize that they were trying to pull off the same trick on Polish peasants only to realize that they were first to fight the Bolsheviks. God bless Wincenty Witos best rural motherfucker ever.

Khmelnytsky himself was part of the Szlachta, and although he deemed himself faithful to the monarch, he eventually waged war against him.
In the book he is also said to have given his vote for Casimir, although I doubt that's historically accurate.

The book villified him too much. No he wasn't a hero worthy of statues as his actions did more harm than good in the end but good historians like Wieczorkiewicz recognize that he wasn't a clear villain like Jarema wasn't a clear hero.
In fact Wieczorkiewicz went even further and seemed to favor Khmelnytsky as an interesting character.

Yeah, in the books Khmelnytsky is a real menace.
But I doubt that the savagery that went on the cossack side of Rus and the killings of the "Brotherhood" to be a fabrication.

Give me proof of russians being treasonous

Not that guy, but Russia betrayed the Kingdom of Georgia. And there's the whole carving-up-Poland between themselves and the 3rd Reich.

I though Cossaks was branch of Tatars???

Good time to educate yourself

The name Tatarchuk comes from the Cossacks, and it literally means Tatar hammer.
They too fought the Tatars and the Turks fiercely, and aligning with them was out of desperation really.

Why carving up Poland would be treasonous? Poland was always seen as enemy of Soviet Russia. Not to mention that partitions of Poland is good old russo-german tradition.

>and it literally means Tatar hammer.
What? This means that Tatarchuk is the son of someone with Tatar nationality or appearance, suffix -chuk is common Ukrainian patronym.

That's literally how Eastern Slavs feel towards Poles. They see Poles as nobles and themselves as poor and uneducated peasants.

Really makes you think.

>Polska stronk
Really makes me think why average Pole can't live without sucking his own dick.

>that obvious ukie/ruskie
Where did I say it? I simply mentioned how Eastern Slavs saw Poles for majority of history.
Russians and Ukrainians had some inferiority complex towards Poles.

No need to get so assblasted, my eastern friend.

Kazaks if so.
There were Moscovites auxiliary Tatar cavalry.
Also there were plenty of branches of Cossakcs and they for most parts wernot etnicity but a military proffesion.

this guys right only the -chuk/-czuk surname thing isnt exclusive to ukraine, quite common amongst eastern slavs in general, north-eastern Poland for example has plenty of -czuk

Most of Poles were serfs, just like most of Russians. Stop smelling your own farts.

Well, it is. You also didn't say anything about Georgia so I guess I got my point across.

Daily reminder that Poles deserve another partition

Juncker what are you doing on Veeky Forums?

30% of the population was part of the Szlachta at some point.

And it wasn't good.
But some of the most important noble houses were from Lithuania. And the ruling dynasty for some time too.
Ruthenia also had their nobles. Basically what I'm saying is that the legacy of the Commonwealth is something that all these nations have in common.

Explains whey they are such useless lazy arrogant bastards

It was diverse, there were also Rus nobleman like Khmelnytsky and Bohun.
But they otherwise had a senate, voted for their new king and also treated their subjects differently.

Besides, the Cossacks used the peasants and recruited them in their armies.

>But some of the most important noble houses were from Lithuania. And the ruling dynasty for some time too.
>Ruthenia also had their nobles. Basically what I'm saying is that the legacy of the Commonwealth is something that all these nations have in common.
It doesn't matter, they polonised themselves.

Georgia happened really long ago, putting that as an argument for Russians being treasonous wouldn't be fair.
I don't get what that was treasonous about Russia taking part in the partition Poland. Did they have some deal?

Mazepa did nothing wrong, the tsar was the real traitor