How did women manage to get convinced that getting a career was more fulfilling than raising a family?

How did women manage to get convinced that getting a career was more fulfilling than raising a family?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2729055/Lesbian-Muslim-couple-Iran-tie-knot-Stockholm-delighted-imam-gay-too.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

But getting a career is more fulfilling

They probably didn't. What probably happened is they got convinced that being financially independent is more fulfilling than depending financially on one particular male. Which is absolutely true.

The fact that she was able to pick the job she wanted, work it and acquire money that she could spend for herself or her family, and didn't need to be told to do everything and no longer had to be burdened with other things in her life.

If you don't like freedom go join the Amish.

>thus ended western society

>implying the average person of either sex "chooses" to have a job

The capitalist thought only using 50% of the adult population was inefficient.

I think it's more that the West has to compete with a whole world full of developed economies now, so the scientific/economic edge the white man used to have is gone. Women staying at home wouldn't change anything about this. Could Western men even afford to keep wives at home in the current global economic climate?

Why donĀ“t you raise a family and shut up?

more like how did you manage to accept half of your population stop working, leech on a single income and do meme activities such as cooking in the 20th century

everywhere in the world, women worked and raised children unless they were nobility

what makes amerishart women think they are entitled to the privilege of the few?

>Could Western men even afford to keep wives at home in the current global economic climate?

No. People who unironically make these threads probably can't support women in the kitchen, not that they can get a woman since they don't even try. And then they compare them to Anime girls and then go bitch on /r9k/ about all women being whores. The type of people who wouldn't have had wives back in the day anyways.

Because back then, doing shit was sort of annoying. If it were today, they could just shitpost on facebook all day and be fine.

That whole "world war" thing, mostly.

90% of married white women did not work for any kind of pay in the 1890 census

t. Reddit historian

It's a cultural thing. Society decided that it was socially acceptable for women to start working and do we adjusted the economy accordingly. It would take time but with improvements in AI and automation it could be possible again. Notice how quickly we shunted women back into place right after the world wars?

Women worked more hours then men during the gilded age in the mills. This whole domestic servitude bliss thing is a product of post-war imaginations in basically utopia.

>did not work for any kind of pay
It's a good thing women didn't do any work on the family land in rural areas as well then isn't it

It is not

This, poor women have basically worked throughout most of history, whether in the field, as maids, or at other miscellaneous trades like wet nurses or weavers.

They don't really care about being financially independent, since they still want to marry rich guys. Obviously not all women, but it is a trend. It's more about power or necessity.

If not, there'd be a lot more women in the skilled trades, yet no one is fighting for more women plumbers or garbage men. Women are either in educated fields or like retail

For a lot of women it is.

>implying working on your family's farm or mom and pop shop with your immediate family is the same as abandoning your kids/husband to go wagecuck for a multinational corporation downtown

There is something fundamentally wrong with a """"woman"""" who doesn't self actualize on marriage and motherhood

Capitalism is indifferent to what women want, they go to work or they starve to death.

It was very strong in the 1700/1800s amongst the middle/upper classes

All these proles ITT talking about their job giving them freedom or independence just shows capitalism will be around another 1000 years. The average prole is literally too stupid to not envision a life without wagecucking.

What is the image a reference to?

>90% of married white women did not work for any kind of pay in the 1890 census
Well yeah, but something like 80% of the population were farmers back then. The farming wife wouldn't be getting paid for her hard work, at least not in any way that would be counted as a job.

It gives them freedom from starving, and independence from living on the dole. It's not ideal, but it has its perks over living on welfare.

Yeah, so? The rich men didn't work either. Work sucked in the 18th-19th century, nobody was ever going to do it willingly. You going to pluck chickens for a penny an hour with no workers' rights to feel empowered?

>They don't really care about being financially independent, since they still want to marry rich guys.
They want to marry rich guys, but they want to be financially independent enough while they look for a rich guy that finding a guy isn't a matter of financial survival for them. Makes sense to me.

The Thot's Progress: A Series of Engravings by Sir William ShindoL

Most women get a career first and then, if they abandon anything at all, what they do is abandon the career for kids. I don't know where you're getting these ideas of women abandoning their kids for careers.
Seems like women just can't win in the eyes of some guys. If they pursue having kids, it's cause they're not smart enough to succeed at careers. If they pursue careers, it's cause they're abandoning kids. What the fuck.

>ShindoL

Yeah OK, I can do without.

Yeah, and that leads them to either glamor jobs or necessary jobs. Skilled trade is relatively rare, excepting the medical field where lower tier jobs like Phlebotomy or CNAs are dominated by women.

>I wish she was more career focused

Sorry sweetie, but no actual men say this. I know your feminist thought professor told you guys like independent women who try to out do men but it's not true.

Dude, I'm probably more experienced with women than you are. I love career-oriented women. They're usually smarter on average than women who aren't career-oriented. They're usually better in the sack too, cause career-oriented women tend to have strong sex drives and know what they want.

Sure, but what argument are you trying to make by that?

I'm not really making an argument, just an observation. If more women went into better paying skilled trades, the pay gap would shorten significantly. All the leave and general lack of ambition would probably leave it at like 9/10, though. Almost as good as Asian women

Ah, got it. Yeah, I think you're right.

Yeah, all those phleb and CNA jobs are still hourly. It's not much better than being an employee at Walmart.
They're good if you're in medschool, but it's a career for many women.

YOU DUMB RETARDED SHARTER WHY WOULD THEY RECIEVE PAY FOR WORKING ON THE FAMILY LAND? HEY? WHY?

BECAUSE YOU ARE A FUCKING RETARD THATS WHY UGLY VIRGIN FUCKFACE, DIE

Can you be any more 13?

They saw something men did that they weren't doing or horning in on. This is the motivation of all women for anything that isn't involved in competition with another woman, or inanimate object, or concept on general.

>Society decided

Get a job before your parents die and leave you homeless, NEETfag.

cultural marxism

Ah yes, a Veeky Forums browser dictating how every woman fulfils herself because muh tradition.

How about just settling with the fact that no two individuals are the same? It's great if a woman prefers to dedicate her time to her offspring, but some women, and men, are better at working. Some shouldn't even be parents.

Kids are shits. I'd way rather have a job.

FUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POLFUCK OFF BACK TO POL

t. Hamplanet

Women weren't made for careers; they were made to be wives and mothers. That's like judging your heavy duty pickup truck on its gas mileage.

Average girl doesn't want to be a mother nor does she really want to work either. She just wants to date a super wealthy chad, do yoga classes and go shopping 24/7.

>tfw degenerate, wh*te society will gradually fall to socially conservative Muslims and the odd radical Christian group

Thank God I'm Muslim, it amazes me how proud you are of letting your women run everything. You deserve every 1.2 birth rate you get.

Agreed. We need to rebuild a culture of parenthood for both men and women in western society. One of the benefits of gender roles is the meaning it ascribes to both parties: women as honored wives and treasured mothers, men as respected heads of families. Today we're all just androgynous consumer units. Thanks globalism!

>cooking
>meme activity
wat. cooking isn't easy. it's time consuming and labor intensive

>90% of married white women did not work for any kind of pay in the 1890 census
absolutely awful imagination you have. women as others have mentioned labored on the family fields AND had to carry out a great amount of housework while raising children

What kind of work do you think we're talking about retard? Of course we want women raising kids full time. See the rest too.
The average his poster Christ.

>wanting a sexually experienced woman

You're supposed to get a virgin and train her.

Women are silly and easily convinced of anything.

Ya sound like a virgin, mate. Your pronouncements about sexuality reek of the keyboard

More like "conservative mindset".

>wanting a whore

It was the secret front of the third estate (the burgeoise, people who make money) who conspired to create feminism as a means to make women enter the workforce, driving down the price of labor. Now they are doing the same thing again but with immigrants (import more workers to drive down the price of work). It's quite simple really.

>freedom to enrich a capitalist with your labor

By having careers and discovering that they were more fulfilling than raising a family

This unholy antinatalist civilization must be destroyed. Thank god Muslims are taking over. Keep being DINKs guys.

>implying there is anything wrong with virginity

Yes, making spreadsheets or working in customer service which is what 90% of women are ever going to do is truly is so fulfilling, much more than doing what any biological being clearly should do.
That's why childless career women are so happy on average.

Guarantee that image was made by a man.

>manage to get convinced
>get convinced
They didn't get convinced by anyone, it was their idea to start with. They're at the root of it.

Kids are gone and you have nothing.

Women have worked throughout history you ignorant /pol/tard.

Shh, don't disrupt the brainwashing.

This is not how the job market works you colossal fucking moron.

>If more women went into better paying skilled trades, the pay gap would shorten significantly.

No it wouldn't. Skilled trades only get good wages in America due to their efforts to gimp the flow of new people into the field.

There's nothing wrong with being a virgin. There's something wrong with being a virgin and then trying to tell me what I should prefer in a sex partner.

Your well-structured and articulated argument has convinced me, you are right and i was wrong.

>you need to be a degenerate to bash degeneracy

>doubling the labor force
>good for labor

Women don't have original ideas.

Pluralism is a meme, homogenous societies are GOAT.

begging you to have sex

No one cares about the labour, it's the capital that decides.

>people unironically think that the average woman was a housewife throughout most of history

>Most women get a career first and then, if they abandon anything at all, what they do is abandon the career for kids.

Most women _can't_ give up their outside job even after having kids, (though almost all want to) as a single income just isn't enough to support a family nowadays.

Women rule society.

Women having kids after 30 significantly increases the risk of the kid being autistic. Having a kid after 35 or 40 basically guarantees the kid will be some kind of a fuckup. "Career first, kids later" is brainlet tier logic.

Unfortunately, doubling the size of the labor pool devalued labor and make financial independence impossible for most people regardless of sex/gender/whatever.

Don't worry habibi, we will fix this inchallah

Islam won't fix shit. It's people who make ideologies and not the other way around. Christianity also used to be patriarchal, traditional, anti-gay, etc. Then the people become cucks so they made Christianity into a cucked religion as well.
If all of Europe became muslim tomorrow you can bet it will be in the form of transgender gay imams preaching that Muhammad was an egalitarian who would vote for Angela Merkel.

Why though? Does abscence of experience guarrante ignorance, all of the time? No. One can argue that user, even though a virgin, has experience in finding partners, but he just hasn't found one that fulfills him enought to have passionate love with. Maybe he is romantic. Who knows? But you shouldn't make assumptions about one not having experience.

*in finding a partner, just because he is a virgin

People create jobs, there aren't a finite amount of jobs that exist and can then be taken away from you, people create demand which creates jobs, people have salaries which they spend which creates more jobs as demand goes up. It's not a one for one system that's not how it works, saying otherwise is just ignorant, stop getting your understanding of the economy from /pol/.

Families didn't double in needs when women entered the labor pool en masse. The price of those needs just rose to meet the greater amount of money each family had available. Supply and demand, this is basic shit.

True. But he's an annoying retard who claimed that guys don't like independent women, and that I'm supposed to want to get a virgin and train her. I mean, if that's your thing, that's your thing. It's not mine, though. I've been with college students and I've been with career women. I've been with virgins and I've been with sexually experienced women. My own experience is that career women are more interesting and are better in bed, and that sexually experienced women are more fun to be with than inexperienced women. Doesn't mean I want a girl who's banged a hundred guys, but it does mean that I see no reason to prefer a virgin to a woman who's been around a few times.

They didn't enter en masses, for the hundredth fucking time women have worked for most of history, its a myth that they were all house wives you sperg.

Not him, but working and employment are two completely separate things.

Projection. Islam, no matter where it is, tolerates no deviation from its line. This is because it's brilliance is more as a political style than a mere religion.

This is a direct result of feminism.

>too stupid to understand families working together at home versus leaving home for the office

Not even trying

>Islam, no matter where it is, tolerates no deviation from its line.
dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2729055/Lesbian-Muslim-couple-Iran-tie-knot-Stockholm-delighted-imam-gay-too.html

What?

>cooking
>meme activity
You do realise that microwave dinners are a recent developement don't you?
For most of history cooking dealt with raw ingredients, now you have to go to specialty stores to find any slab of mean that isn't pre marinated, chemically tenderised, and usually even has grain filler in it.
t. Celiac who's allergic to most marinates.

It was essential to defeat communism.

A system in which only men produce value will fail if it is pitted against one in which men and women both produce value. They are not as valuable or productive as men on average but they are half the population.

>93 replies and 11 images omitted. Click here to view.

jaysus croist