Used to be the biggest country in Europe

>used to be the biggest country in Europe

What went wrong?

They got what they deserved, they trusted a Slav!

It was pretty decentralized so who cares if they were big?

Nothing good ever came out of this place

I used to know a Lithuanian girl. She was an easy 10/10. But she would only fuck Lithuanian men and was also a total slut. She fucked a different guy every week.

Maybe it's related somehow but I doubt it.

Daily reminder that Poland-L*thuania was 99% Poland and 1% L*thuania

Thanks for such insightful historical information, you really helped me understand lithuanian history better

Sure thing Vlad

t. Włodzimiek Krzszyczovsky

Kek, you're welcome.

t. Boczesłav Trockevicz

user, I was that girl...

post pussy

t. Bronisłav Komarovsky

They handed everything over to the poles

They never bothered to integrate the slavs and make them speak lithuanian, though I can't imagine it happening since lithuanian culture wasn't much to write home about during most of it existance.

>using a retard letter like ł while not using w

Where do you live?

I'm Lithuanian. Ask me anything

What went wrong?

t. bydło

Everything

>tfw you can't for the love of God remember the difference between Latvia and Lithuania

Samefag

I can't remember the difference between America and Mexico

Lithuania: Pollacks in denial
Latvia: Russkies in denial

Irodyk, kaimieti.

/balt/

>tfw stores ib my town haven't sold Karums for years now
Cut my life into pieces famalam

There's actually some truth in that.
The "lithuanian cultural revival" that occurred before and during the Interwar can be wholly described as "WE'RE NOT FUCKIGN POLANDIBLES".
Obviously, right after this chimpout and rejection of the one thing that made us somewhat human in the first place, everything went to shit.

gimme your runescape nick, I'll send you some

>conquer a lot of clay
>suddenly find yourself in situation where you became minority in your own country
the influence of ruthenians, belarusians or whatever you wanna call them was too strong

One was Germany's, Russia's, and Poland's bitch, the other was Germany's, Russia's, Poland's, and also Sweden's bitch.

Modern Belarus is the real medieval Lithuania, modern Lithuania has fuck all to do with it.

I don't know about that. Lithuania is still balt right?
And Belarusians are slavified (?) Lithuanians and their territory covers much of the former Duchy if Lithuania.

Explain.

Hopefully Polish-Lithuanian relations are better now that they were 5 years ago. No reason they shouldn't. Worse things happened between Poland and Czech Republic or Poland and Ukraine.

Look at a map sometime.

Old Belarus even used Lithuanian colors and coat of arms.

But Belarus was never part of the Baltic tribes.

>No reason they shouldn't
We are the Bulwark against pszczek imperialism.
We stand against P*land for the solidarity of Slavdom.

i wish things were better between our countries, Lithbros

>pszczek pszczek

That's the point, Lithuania was not really a Baltic country.

Wait what. How come?

Well we're not to blame for any of that salt in today's politics. We barely even notice it.

Belarusians = Lithuanians
Modern """Lithuanians""" = Samogitians

So Lithuanians weren't Baltic peoples?

>Samogitians
What happened to the rest of them, then?

Most of them weren't.

Originally they definitely were a baltic tribe when they were baptized. I think Belarusian nation is a a mix. A lot of Lithuanians eventually polonized.

The inhabitants of the Ruthenian part of the country weren't, sure.
The ruling class and the population of Lithuania Proper certainly were.

lithuanians conquered belarus and ukraine when they were extremally weak but lithuanians were like 5% of the population and they didnt really have they own distict culture which they could impose on slavs so the country was more slav land, and then poles came in with even bigger population than belarus and lithuanians were total minority and almost got polonized but becouse of poland being destroyed they somehow managed to save their language etc even now like 30% of vilnus population are poles

They trusted a P*le.

Or they could be LARPing but their territory covers Duchy of Lithuania.

1897: According to the first census in the Russian Empire, in 1897 population of Vilnius was 154,500. The largest linguistic groups at the time were those speaking Jewish (61,847) and Polish (47,795). Other groups included Russian (30,967), Belarusian (6,514) and Ukrainian (517), Lithuanian (3,131), German (2,170), Tartar (722) and Latvian (184) speaking communities.

just read this

Even though our history is difficult, being together in one union had quite a few benefits.
Our cities flourished in growth and trade, due to polish influences, the westernization of Lithuanian lands went quicker.
Thanks to the polish, we resisted teutonic "colonization" of our lands, unlike in Latvia or Estonia.
Instead of orthodoxy, thanks to Poland, we celebrate Catholic traditions.
Not to mention current importance of Poland to us today, both economically and militarily.

Thank you Poland.

Emphasis on the "linguistic" part.

The entire former Pale of Settlement should be spammed with hydrogen bombs and then covered with concrete. Everyone living in that area has some degree of jewish blood.

Lithuanians actually descend from Ptolemy IX's unnamed child born to a black male slave. The young lad was exiled at birth to the great unknown north with a retinue of his own slaves and a chest of gold to support himself. Over time he and his descendants were able to conquer vast areas stretching right to the Sea of Japan, covering much of present-date Russia, before eventually losing much of its lands in successive wars against the retro-neo-neo-Finnish Khaghanate.

A fun fact for the day.

that the lithuanian language almost died because they were minority lithuanian army for example consisted in 95% of belarusian and ukrainains

Which period are we talking about?

Good. Enjoy your 1/15th jewish hurritage Boris.

>black male slave
That would explain why Lithuania has an African flag.

since the lithuania have grown into big nation

I'm not Russian.

1916: According to the census of 14 December 1916 by the occupying German forces at the time, there were a total of 138,794 inhabitants in Vilnius. This number was made up of the following nationalities: Poles 53.67% (74,466 inhabitants), Jews 41.45% (57,516 inhabitants), Lithuanians 2.09% (2,909 inhabitants), Russians 1.59% (2,219 inhabitants), Germans 0.63% (880 inhabitants), Belarusians 0.44% (644 inhabitants) and others at 0.13% (193 inhabitants)

>t. Władisław Niemczyk

1931: 196,345 inhabitants.[68] A census of 9 December 1931 reveals that Poles made up 65.9% of the total Vilnius population (128,600 inhabitants), Jews 28% (54,600 inhabitants), Russians 3.8% (7,400 inhabitants), Belarusians 0.9% (1,700 inhabitants), Lithuanians 0.8% (1,579 inhabitants), Germans 0.3% (600 inhabitants), Ukrainians 0.1% (200 inhabitants), others 0.2% (approx. 400 inhabitants). (The Wilno Voivodeship in the same year had 1,272,851 inhabitants, of which 511,741 used Polish as their language of communication; many Belarusians lived there.

According to the military census of 1528, ethnic Lithuanian lands had 5730 horsemen, whereas the army of the Ruthenian lands of the Grand Duchy consisted of 5372.[3]

Probably because the fucking kulaks hoarded all the horses.
kokhols disgust me

This reminds me of my old highschool, and how there was some weird Polish-Lithuanian clique. The Lithuanians would always bring up Soviets in the Baltics, the Poles would bring up Nazis in Poland, and they would both mention Poland-Lithuania anytime they could. Probably some of the weirdest shit I've seen in my life.

Where did you go to school?

sounds hot

17th century Commonwealth was dope as fuck. Everybody wants to be a part of its legacy.

Shame it's virtually non-existent in the media.

Yeah, we're left with European movies. Adaptations of the Trilogy (Teddy Roosevelt liked those books), that horrible movie about the Siege of Vienna and a Russian movie that actually was pretty popular in Poland as a source of the jokes because it showed Poles as kind of orc-like creatures which is just the best.

Our government wants to ask Mel Gibson (who used to be interested in the project) to direct a new movie about Vienna. Another shit that will never happen.

>implying Europe east of Germany/Austria/Switzerland/Italy exists in popular culture+media

Everything is just Russia and Transylvanian vampires

I think it's just because of the Cold War. And the fact that most nations there belong to the same linguistic group. Americans don't think central/eastern Europe is distinct enough because most of those nations were repressed culturally until 25 years ago.
One example National Lampoon's movie about the Eurotrip. UK, Italy, France and Germany. Maybe for them you're not significant unless you have famous landmarks. But just look at it.

you dont see movies about history of kazakhstan as well

No, it's older than that. I've read Dracula from Stoker and it's basically the biggest load of horseshit I've ever read.
>Dracula is based on Wallachian ruler but is somehow a Szekler who speaks Hungarian and claims to be descended from Attila, but lives nowhere near Szekler land
>Slovaks are plastered all over Transylvania for whatever reason even though they never lived there
>Romanians basically don't exist even though they've been the majority there
>geography fucked beyond imaginable

love you fellas

at least someone loves us

You've never truly had sex with a Lithuania until you put on the former Anthem of the USSR while they ask you to choke them

Got any stories?

In Lithuania

>Everybody wants to be a part of its legacy

Not really true in Lithuania. All nationalism is based on Pagan Lithuania. Everything that happens after the death of Vytautas is mostly skipped.

>Convert to Christianity
>Everything instantly goes to shit

Hmm...

How come the Eesties didn't germanize

It's unironically because we saved them.

>t.Samogitian

This is kinda true, sadly.
Wish they'd tone down on this little shit's personality cult in the history classes a bit, tbqh.

If by "shit" you mean "Golden Age", then sure.
Or are you implying that GDL was in any way "great" before its westernization?

Mostly because of heavy segregation and lack of any meaningful interaction between the ruling and peasant classes of Livonia.

This tbqh, I wanted to learn more about Algirdas and how he ruled but instead I was forced to jack off the dick of "Vytautas DIDYSIS :-DDDDDDDDD" all the fucking time. Got real old, real fast.

>Algirdas
Exquisite. I myself am more of a Gediminas guy, but Algirdas is a close second.

dont be autistic

Lithuania never really was a bitch of the Germans.
Germans controlled Klaipēda for a long time, and the Teutonic Order controlled Žemaitija for a couple of years.
Latvia was also quite autonomous under the Russian Empire, the local Baltic German elite held most of the power.
Also, Latvians are traditionally Lutheran, although Latgale is mostly Catholic due to the counter-reformation. There are also a lot of Russians (both Old Believers and newer Soviet immigrants) in Latgale, so it's a place where all 3 major sects of Christianity meet.

In terms of economy, they are pretty much equal, Lithuania is a bit ahead.
Also, Lithuania has a Polish minority. and a very small Russian minority. Poles used to live near Daugavpils but not anymore. Latvia's Russian minority is quite large (slightly over 25%), same in Estonia.

>God Tier
Treniota
Gediminas
Kęstutis
Algirdas

>Ok Tier
Vytenis
Jogaila

>Normie Tier
Vytautas
Mindaugas

>Literally Who Tier
Butvydas
Butgeidis
Jaunutis

Seriously they miss all the cool shit? Man what a waste.
Ok then everybody sane would want to be a part of its legacy.

Well all the "cool shit" mostly involves Poland, with Lithuania playing a support role. Modern national pride is based on entirely different things than at the time. It's based on shared culture and language, something that began eroding with the Polish-Lithuanian Union. So people don't care if a great battle was won by some Czerczwszciecz, even though he's technically the Hetman of Lithuania.