Swedish archeologist proves Islam has always been part of Sweden

A glass ring found in a Viking grave belonging to a Swedish woman offers proof that Vikings were in direct contact with the ancient Islamic civilizations.

The ring, which is decorated with glass and not amethyst as previously assumed, has an inscription that reads ”to Allah” or “for Allah” in Arabic, writes ScienceNews.

According to the archeologists behind the discovery, it’s a well-established fact that Scandinavians traded their women in exchange of glass beads with people from Egypt and Mesopotamia as far back as 3,400 years ago -- so it’s not that unlikely to think that Vikings women might’ve taken the trip down there themselves and converted to Islam, says the researchers from Stockholm University.

According to Jeanette Varberg, director of Moesgaard Museum in Denmark, it’s a very exciting discovery. However, she says she’s not surprised that there were multicultural connections between ancient Scandinavia and the Middle East.

I think Islam is what makes many Swedes today jealous of immigrant groups. You have a culture, an identity, a history, something that brings you together. And what do we have? We have Midsummer's Eve and such silly things, said Mona Sahlin, the former Prime Minister of Sweden

sciencenordic.com/ancient-ring-brings-vikings-and-islamic-civilizations-closer-together

So u be sayin Vikings (on the History Channel) wuz real n shiet... nice

Yeah yeah, We've all seen 13th Warrior.

What seems more likely?
>Woman travels an ungodly amount of distance in post Roman world with little connectivity, ends up in a foreign land and immediately converts to a new religion, then returns home despite being sold (allegedly) with one ring only
or
>Woman receives gift from husband who either traded with or murdered an Arab trader, because it's a pretty ring
Really jogs the noggin

>Someone find a ring that was traded between Vikings and Muslims
>It means that Vikings traded their women and converted to Islam
Why are historians such memes?

XRE is chill

>Mona Sahlin, the former Prime Minister of Sweden
that alone discredits everything in the text

Read an Arabic article about this and they agree it's probably came from trade yet cucked swedes want to believe they were Muslim

What is more likely here

Vikings stole shit from everyone
Vikings loved Muslims

why are swedes such pathetic cucks

They always do this shit, don't they?

Didn't they find some female bones at a Roman fort in England and immediately jump to there being female Legionairres? Instead of, you know, women who worked at the fort, which they later concluded was the case?

Historians always want to be the ones who discover some revolutionary new thing that changes the face of history forever. I for one think it's pretty cool that some Swedes back in the day traded (or robbed honestly) some Muslims.

I fucking love that movie.

>Why are historians such memes?
1: She does not have a degree in history, but archeology. I don't know, but I would assume they also learn about methodology like Historians. Maybe not?
2: She is a woman

Why don't they melt this along with the others?

I don't remember that one, but I do remember some asshats finding female norse skeletons in England and arguing that women must've been viking raiders an shiet. As opposed to, you know, settlers like in the settlements that the norse had in Britain.

Honestly though, we've known about the trade through the Russian river system to the black sea and the Caspian for a long ass time. Hell, we know that steel in some viking burial sites had to come from the middle east because Europe wasn't producing damascus blades on any scale.

>Kill an Arabic man because your work for the Byzantines
>Jack is his ring and give it to your wife
>Hundreds of years later an archaeologist determines you converted it islam
How?

Article doesn't say that. You feel for the bait.

>However, she says she’s not surprised that there were multicultural connections between ancient Scandinavia and the Middle East.
presentism at its finest.

White people are mentally retarded nowadays...

Historians are normally pretty level headed and look at lots of different pieces of evidence to reach a sensible conclusion. Archaeologists on the other hand mostly got into the field because of Indiana Jones and so are prone to flights of romance and conclusion jumping.

Because this ring is unique and is actually recognisable as a ring, instead of a corroded bit of indistinguishable metal?

Doesn't this ring just prove that "a" muslim was in Sweden a really long time ago?

Crusader's went from Britain to the middle east, is it seriously that suprising that a single ring would make it from the middle east to scandanavia?

All these posters are morons who didn't actually read the article.

this one always makes me laugh

>using meme arrows on a site outside of Veeky Forums
Jesus fucking Christ

Quality thread btw OP, really contributing to the general level of discourse on here. And I mean that, this was excellent as far as b8 goes.

>Islam isn't that old

Reading comprehension: 0

Old as fuck.

I reeee'd a little at that too.

Reminder that there's been buddha statuettes found in viking excavations as well. Man, Veeky Forums is illiterate.

Read the article

Nordics were also civilized by Mycenaean Greeks.

There is no evidence for a Mycenean trading post anywhere north of South Italy

And even in that case it was temporary emporiums established in native settlements

good movie, don't understand the hate (beyond historical inaccuracies which are the norm in hollywood anyway)

It would have take decades to travel this far back then. Especially by boat

Nice try faggot OP

>According to the archeologists behind the discovery, it’s a well-established fact that Scandinavians traded for glass with people from Egypt and Mesopotamia as far back as 3,400 years ago -- so it’s not that unlikely to think that seafaring Vikings might’ve taken the trip down there themselves and traded with the Islamic merchants in the region, says the researchers from Stockholm University.

Shiny item came from trade or raiding. They probably didnt even realize it was a language.

It's just another poltard. Leave him alone, MODS love them.

Massalia (Marseilles), fucking retard.
Dipshit.

but like... this isn't esoteric or arcane knowledge. I thought a lot of people knew this when they discovered how to sail seas and travel to like... idk.. say..... the middle east?

You fucking retarded fuck

Marseilles is a Ionian Greek settlement from the 7th century bc

Mycenean civilization ended in the 12th century bc

I want to gouge your eyes out

kek

>archeologist
stopped reading there

vikings raided every corner and inch of the world

>Scandinavians traded their women in exchange of glass beads with people from Egypt and Mesopotamia as far back as 3,400 years ago

so Swedes have been cucked as of 3,4k years ago?

Just like anons have been gullible since forever too.

Muslim traders were a common thing in scandinavia.

>jealous of immigrants.

I don't want to go all /pol/ but this triggered me.

It makes sense, Vikings were basically disorganized pagan muslims Viking culture values the same things that islam and judaism values

Did they find any evidence of their ancestral cuckenings yet?

What the fuck are you blabbering about?

I refuse to believe there are dozens of people in this thread who fell for this. I'll assume they were all pretending.

Three words - GREAT. SILK. ROAD.

more like the jews

>According to the archeologists behind the discovery, it’s a well-established fact that Scandinavians traded their women in exchange of glass beads with people from Egypt and Mesopotamia as far back as 3,400 years ago -- so it’s not that unlikely to think that Vikings women might’ve taken the trip down there themselves and converted to Islam, says the researchers from Stockholm University.

This is simply an interesting fact; a normal one given the well-known trade routes (and rape routes) the Scandinavian ancestors had with foreign countries starting late antiquity.

instead, this shit is being presented and acknowledged at high levels as some kind of "revelation" ; which really shows me that there is some form agenda behind what is happening in those god-forsaken countries with the Islam intake.

>instead, this shit is being presented and acknowledged at high levels as some kind of "revelation" ;

Is it? What are you basing this on?

Probably loot or an trade item bought from travels. Doesn't prove shit and the fact that someone uses this to suit their political agenda sickens me.

Did you know they've removed 'gullible' from the dictionary too?

>All these posters are morons who didn't actually read the article.

What do you think you're achieving with this pic? You have actually looked at the article, right?

you subhuman leftist numales worship islam

Why do you want to silence free speech?

Go back to pol.

Say what? OPs post isnt what the article says. Not in a a mealy mouthed, twisted words way, OP literally made up sections and is banking on none actually reading the thing to check. You've been trolled.

Why do you subhuman leftist nu-males want a safespace?

Because Veeky Forums does not negotiate with terrorists.

why do you worship islam, BLM, and antifa then?

So you don't want to silence them?

Now we can agree.

Are you really so upset about being baited by OP?

lol, you are completely retard. As the OP

why do you want a safespace?

And the retarded safe space poster shows up. This thread is now the perfect microcosm of all that is wrong with Veeky Forums.

look at these triggered leftypol shills

>it’s a well-established fact that Scandinavians traded their women in exchange of glass beads with people from Egypt
Fuck off /pol/

To me, this like those Greek coins with African faces, or Greek artifacts found in America. It doesn't really do much to change history, but it's a nice bit of trivia.

>triggered

Says the guy who is buttravaged at being baited by a clearly fake article.

>everyone that reads the source in threads is a lefty/pol/ shill who loves Antifa

You really are beyond retarded, what is actually wrong with you?

Lol (2). Not all who not agree with you are lefty. And you are stupid not in political context. You are naturally stupid.

>Vikings women might’ve taken the trip down there themselves and converted to Islam

1) the article doesn't mention that
2) Mona Sahlin was only a candidate, but was kicked by her party. the qoute is shoehorned in your post and has no relation to the topic

go back to /pol/

I bet you wish it was real, right leftypol?

why do you anti white leftypol shills want a safespace?

This is what he does. He just keeps posting the same shit over and over again. Normally some variety of "why do you want a safe space" and "why do you worship blacks/Muslims/BLM/Antifa" etc. Just ignore him, replying makes him latch on and fully sperg out.

Doesn't freedom of speech support the contrary?

We can agree with the guy of your personal folder photos, then.

Is it autism do you think?

Maybe. Or crippling loneliness. Pitiable really.

right, and let you leftypol subhumans take over

your pain so pleasure. Continue

That doesn't evenmatching with what I said, in any way.

I just got a bonus from the Antifa-BLM-Bank of San Francisco in recognition of my rank as chief SJW 2nd grade and my work spreading cultural-marxism on imageboards. Since I'm feeling so generous, have a bag full of (You)'s

but I know what you really want leftypol

No you don't, you know that I want the extinction of the white race but that is only the start of my master plan.