How did one hat manage to ass-devastate an entire religion so badly? Is it because atheists are retarded?

How did one hat manage to ass-devastate an entire religion so badly? Is it because atheists are retarded?

>How did one hat manage to ass-devastate an entire religion so badly?
Yeah, why are atheists so butthurt when someone responds with a fedora pic?

this thread is going places

>religion

This
*tip tip tippity tip*

Original fedora meme had nothing to do with religion or atheism. Then some butthurt christfag started making images of fat neckbeards with fake atheist quotes.

cuz they r gay
I am not even joking.
Most people this day and age grew up thinking their acting was gentleman-esque and following their instinct was bad so they blindly followed a style that supposedly embodied this.
Combine this with the focus on supposed intelligence with not being a sheeple due to not following trends and mommy telling them, they are better than the cool kids having fun and you get the long forgotten "boys have swag, men style" meme.

"I do not tip, ma'am", I said, as I tipping my fedora ironically.

'HOW COULD YOU BE SO SELFISH?' She throws her notepad at me but I deflect it with the canesword I keep concealed in my trench coat. 'I'M A WOMAN, I'M REVEALING MY CLEAVAGE, GIVE ME MONEY THAT I DON'T DESERVE!'

I push my glasses up with two fingers. "Actually ma'am, according to 29CFR531 Subpart C, 531.27, section c, I don't have to."

An ox of a man bursts from the kitchen, chest heaving, strong like bull. He lets out a primal war cry : "MUHFUGEN BIX NOOD COF BIN DUB HO MUHFUGGA!" He empties a mag of a boom stick at me, but my bullet proof trench coat protects me. "MUP DA DOO DIDDA PO!" He throws the gun aside, and charges at me.

Before he can harm me, I fling my fedora at him and it severs his head, before arcing back into my hand. I gently place the hat back on my head and adjust it. The waitress looks on in shock, tears welling in her eyes. I extend my hand to her. "Come now, there is nothing left to fear. You are free." She takes my hand, and we leave the restaurant and peddle home on my 10 speed bike.

Never thought the Trilby made much sense, and I might have seen four of five people wear one in my life, but how did it become something that someone thinks has a meaning?

In the 2000s, it briefly experienced a revival as a fashion item, though never achieved much mainstream popularity. It then became associated with socially awkward men lacking in a sense of self awareness trying to substitute a hat for a sense of style and became a meme associated with the "gentleman" and "nice guy" archetypes. Eventually it got mashed up with an awful quote from Reddit about atheism, and became partially associated with smug, self-righteous new atheism.

rip ska

Atheist here. I laugh at theists. Ya know, you used to control Europe. It was just 300 years ago or so. Now you've got nothing, you're down to brainwashing third-worlders.
And you think calling atheism a religion and making fedora memes bothers me?
Kek.

checked

>y-you think this bothers me? heh...

This. I was a fedorafag in middle school and now I'm gay.

I hated swag a lot because it confused the shit out of me.

When I was growing up, swag was either
>stuff they gave away for free at fancy parties
Or
>a codeword for stolen shit, so you didn't have to say stolen shit
The first time I heard someone say, "I've got swag," I asked where he was planning on selling it, and told him to keep his voice down. Probably had more to do with moving from the shitty ghetto to the suburbs than anything though, that was quite the culture shock.

When a Godtard pulls out the LEL FEDORA XD, I know I've won the argument.

They couldn't even pick a funny hat like a sombrero?

Even mexicans don't wear the big sombrero aside from mariachi players or if you're doing some ceremonious thing. Most Mexicans keep the sun off them with either baseball caps or wide-brimmed cowboy hats like pic related.

Can't you read your pic? Atheists are growing in civilized countries, who the fuck cares what happens in sub-saharan africa?

>[By 2050] Four out of every 10 Christians in the world will live in sub-Saharan Africa

This is the future of christshit

"Evidence is reviewed pointing to a negative relationship between intelligence and religious
belief in the United States and Europe. It is shown that intelligence measured as psychometric g
is negatively related to religious belief. We also examine whether this negative relationship
between intelligence and religious belief is present between nations. We find that in a sample of
137 countries the correlation between national IQ and disbelief in God is 0.60"

Why are christcucks such brainlets?

>Eventually it got mashed up with an awful quote from Reddit about atheism, and became partially associated with smug, self-righteous new atheism

I wonder how the guy who originally made the "In this moment, I am euphoric..." quote feels about all that shit he kicked off? I know he was just some dumb kid, but fucking hell.

You seem pretty bothered.

Denying the existence of God takes as much faith as believing in God.

>mag of a boomstick

This upset me substantially.

Reminder that outside Veeky Forums fedoras are more associated with the alt-right, MRAs, gamergaters, libertarians, i.e. the kind of people that post fedoras on Veeky Forums.

I'm just annoyed that Christcucks come here and act as if all atheists are whiny "new atheist"s. I was an atheist before I ever heard of "new atheism", and I think Dennett is an idiot, Dawkins is overrated, and Hitchens is questionable. Yet Christcucks keep attacking them as if attacking them constituted some sort of invalidation of atheism.

Do we have to do this every time? Religious people make the positive claim that their god exists, and the burden of proof lies on them. Denying something that cannot be proved doesn't require any faith. Believing in it does.

ooops

Denying the Abrahamic myth of some anthropomorphic god, however, does not.

The people who spam fedora memes are the same people who were militant atheists when they were 15, they are now embarrassed of that and target atheists as a form of projection. Same shit different colour.

The Fedora is the modern suit of Armour, and we are the modern knights.

Yeah but the people using them as pejoratives manage to get outraged about the exact same things as the religious right - but they're feminists now, not fundies, really!

25 year rule guys

Saying it don't make it true.

*tips*

Quality post

IQ is a meme

If I remember right the original meme was to go to r/facesofatheism, take a neckbeards picture then find a cringeworthy post they made anywhere else and slap it on there. It was a coincidence that 3/4 of them were wearing fedoras and trilbys with cargo shorts.

>Sonic shirt
But yeah, the meme stems from this lolcow years ago, turns out reddits atheist population was largely out of shape men with poor fashion sense and inflated egos. So that was extrapolated first to all internet atheists then to all atheists

fedora´s are just trying to be edgy, no one wears fedora in atheist countries and people that are ytring to be edgy claim to be christians.

It's part of a strawman caricature that Christians use to mock atheists because they can't win in actual arguments

It's bad enough they picture a Trilby and call it a "fedora", now you've pictured a porkpie.

Just trolling for more confusion?

t. Brainlet

'sup Brainlet

no it doesnt

>% Atheist