Is Brazil the only example in history of a post racial society?

Is Brazil the only example in history of a post racial society?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nHM4t2NEv0M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

God help the world if Brazil is anything to go by

Quick, someone post that picture showing a lavish Brazilian hotel and community walled off from the slums.

Meh America is pretty similar along with Colombia, the Dominican Republic, and Venezuela.

This is less exclusionary than redlining and HOAs in the US.

America is somehow less post racial than fucking Canada

>America is pretty similar
>literally divided by racial lines on every major issue

wtf i love brazil now

Not to different from Brazil. I don't think many black Brazilians will be voting for conservative policies any time soon.
>muh asians vs a minority majority

What are you talking about? There is still lots of racism and social unequality and it's not ending anytime soon. I agree that people of difference races in the same social classes have a pretty civil relationship, but I think that's also true for the USA like another user posted.

Ethnic violence and accusations and problems with racism are tearing Brazil apart. What are you talking about?

Nice bait, Brazil is extremely divided by race below the surface.

The only truly post-racial society I can think of is Paraguay. Due to the insane antics of their first dictator, Gaspar de Francia, which forced natives and Spaniards to interbreed, Paraguay has a 95% mestizo population, extremely homogenous, and the first language is the native Guarani language rather than Spanish.

Whether this is desirable or not I leave it up to you, but even the whitest German-descent Paraguayan speaks Guarani, which is pretty remarkable.

Nowhere in the Americas have the native and European cultures blended so seamlessly. They don't seem to have racial issues at all due to the homogeneity. (But they have a million other issues, it's a shithole)

No its a nigger shithole literally Africa in South America. Brazil is almost completely nigger with some whites and amerindians.

youtube.com/watch?v=nHM4t2NEv0M

They even code-switch between both languages mid sentence, it's very common and uncanny as fuck.

Here you have Spanish mixed with Guarani in a typical speaker.

>Amerindians
You clearly don't know shit
Brazil has less amerindians than Guatemala.

Canada is only post racial, because it was mostly white long into the Anti-Racist days, and the bulk of its immigrants are Asians.

The more Racist states are going to be the ones with more races and less homogeneity

Britain

>Post racial
>People actually believe this
It's probably the most racist place I've ever been in. People still separate themselves by heritage and it still matters a lot there.

I am brazil. I can assure you. We are not racist.

Been there. Seen it. You're full of shit Jamal

Every new world country that didn't have plantations is this

in argentina people don't even register race as a thing and think the english word "nigger" is something cool black people say.

We have been having steady senegalese inmigration straight from africa and the only time people gave a fuck was to lowkey celebrate when one of them stabbed a mugger to death.

Hell, I cna instnatly notice how americanized one of my own simply by how much they talk about skin colour

the US is literally obsessed with race, what the fuck are you on

Heck Euros have such a fetish for foreigners they're desperately importing them.

Was mostly in Spanish, some thot telling another not to come by and to get on her level if she wants to.

Giving (You)s for the needy shitposters. To answer the OP, Brazil has an socioeconomic rift which compensates for the apparent lack of racism. Apparent, because it exists, it's just not US tier.

cuba

No. There's still a lot of racism.

Portuguese culture has traditionally been more open to fucking outsiders than other Europeans. I can only guess, but it may have something to do with Portugal's tiny size and being surrounded by bigger countries.

>Due to the insane antics of their first dictator, Gaspar de Francia, which forced natives and Spaniards to interbreed
Yet another time and place I wasn't alive for

Most normal middle class Brazilians are of European or MENA descent, while most slum dwellers are negro or pardo

it's sort of like USA, really

SOPA

It's like a tropical, catholic, latin version of USA

No.

USA was 88% white at one point, Brazil never went beyond 50% white at its peak.

In terms of European immigration, between 1830 and 1940 Brazil received only 5 million European immigrants while the United States received more than 30 million. This makes even the "50% white" Brazilian figures suspect.

Brazil also had much more social inequality than the USA, an unequal distribution of land and none of the taboos that existed against racemixing in American society.

It never managed to develop beyond the commodity export economy phase until WW2 at the very least, and relied much more on slavery and the plantation economy, abolishing it much later than the US, in 1888.

Not to mention the vast differences in GDP per capita, economic development and living standards. Pic related.

You could say Brazil is a failed, rump attempt at replicating the United States.

>You could say Brazil is a failed, rump attempt at replicating the United States.
sorry but no

Brazil never attempted to be USA, it's inception was different and it's ideals were different, the end result is what i just said, a tropical, catholic, latin version of USA, with catholic latin values as opposed to the protestant germanic values of USA

and honestly, you might be richer than them, but you're just as much a degenerate race mixed sodom and gommorah as Brazil is

So is post-racial just fancy name for a new mono-ethnic society that has arisen from multi-ethinc mess?

also the "differences" you point out aren't really differences, but parallels, which proves my point

Singapore is

>United States of Brazil
>Not an attempt to replicate the USA
Ok bro

>the end result is what i just said, a tropical, catholic, latin version of USA, with catholic latin values as opposed to the protestant germanic values of USA
No. For the reasons I explained.

>degenerate
Back to /pol/ you go

Parallels with the US South, not the North. Brazil had all the vices of the US South magnified to a national scale, and there you can find the reason for its stagnation.

>Back to /pol/ you go
oh i thought you were a whitey being butthurt his precious 'white' usa is being compared to Brazil, i see you're a butthurt non-whitey instead, an equally annoying specimen

>Ok bro
right back at you bro

>No. For the reasons I explained.
you didn't explain anything, you drew parallels that can only be drawn between USA and Brazil

you can't compare european immigration, percentage of whites vs natives vs slaves, views on racemixing, etc. with China or France or Saudi Arabia, you silly, goofy person

>Parallels with the US South, not the North
south USA is USA

>Brazil had all the vices of the US South magnified
yes, this i agree with, Brazil had all the vices of USA put on steroids

>you can't do x because I say so
>half text shows your butthurt
>South USA is the same as North USA
All so your inferior brainlet could feel safe against the opinion of a non cumskin person. Just to actually nullify your last implication.

lol

try to keep up, will you?

the comparisons you made between USA and Brazil only work because USA and Brazil are similar in these regards

you only proved my point of the similarity between them - you proved my point that they are parallel to each other

Paraguay is more like the Metis, who intermixed so much that they now call themselves halfbreeds.
There are laws against racism in Brazil, that's it's an indication that they still care about race. Sociolects are a thing in Brazil, they can tell you if you speak like a black guy because of the ammount of african loaned words or how you pronounciate the s, shit like that.

>Vocé é Alemao
>You are a whitey (actually You are german, probably comes from the fact that many white south brazilians identify themselves as germans, even though they are like 1/32 german)

Just because they all fuck each other doesn't mean they aren't racist.

I didn't make any comparison.

It's simple. You wasted an entire text because of your butthurt, and I just wanted to make an observation. Is that wrong?

>I just wanted to make an observation
you were trying to prove me wrong and you failed

>I didn't make any comparison.
sorry, but @3340416 still exists, you haven't deleted it yet to save face, we can all read what you posted

>All so your inferior brainlet could feel safe against the opinion of a non cumskin person. Just to actually nullify your last implication.
Is this wrong?

>Brazil
>post racial society
I take it you aren't Brazilian?
Well, I am, and I can tell you there is a very clear racial hierarchy here in Brazil.

Listen kid, if you cant take the heat stay out of the kitchen

So you won't answer me? Dumb brainlet.

Sorry i won't indulge your inferiority complexes

damn bitch say get up 4 levels or get lost lol

>that projection
So that's why you insulted him? Pfft

where did i insult you again?

Didn't you started getting butthurt, "goofy person", and showed your inferior complex when you manifestated your interest of the color of the guy's skin?

Or maybe you like brown people and you wanted to tell him.

mhm, i see, so this is why you got your panties in a twist, i don't care about whatever the fuck "brown people" are

the important thing is, i proved my point, you losers can cry about it all day long

>panties
Dat projection
So
>All so your inferior brainlet could feel safe against the opinion of a non cumskin person. Just to actually nullify your last implication.
Is this wrong?

>Is this wrong?
actually yes

let me break it down

>Didn't you started getting butthurt
im not the one who started insulting Brazil

clearly you thought i was Brazilian and wanted to insult me, so you started shitting on the country,

i mentioned your race because i wanted to see what your motivation of being butthurt is, after you started foaming at the mouth and saying "cumskin" it was even more obvious, that the source of your butthurt was your inferiority complex of being non-white

now good night, little shitskin, sorry you'll never be white

>Jamal
You're so fat you don't even realize brazilian negroes don't feel the need to give themselves muslim names

Wrong.

As I said, I made an observation
>All so your inferior brainlet could feel safe against the opinion of a non cumskin person. Just to actually nullify your last implication
I asked you if I was wrong.
>i wanted to see your motivation
So you were wrong about the matter, right?
>inferiority complex
I'm not the guy trying to force his opinions on someone else you know?

>shitskin
Guess who is the one butthurt...

Try again, brainlet.

lol you sad sack of shit

>lol
I see.

Then we can agree with what I said before, good night, brainlet.

Adding "history" in your post about current events doesn't make it Veeky Forums related my man.

she turns me on

the argument ended here btwafter that is nothing but ad hominem and strawman

nighty night

As I said before, I made an observation from your post.

It seems that I was right.

Bye bye, brainlet.

no you didn't, you tried to disprove my point that Brazil and USA parallel eachother

i proved you WRONG

you are WRONG

Wow, careful, brainlet. Don't let your animal instincts ridicule more than what you just demonstrated before.

All your wordplay full of butthurt was explained in my post: As you explained your babble hereit seems I was right about my observation.

Brainlet.

since you're an illiterate shitskin, let me explain it to you, so that even an inferior like you can understand

me: Brazil is like a tropical, catholic, latin version of USA
you:No. *gives examples that prove my point right*
me: *explains to you why your examples prove my point right*
you: *fails to understand and repeats himself
me: try to explain to you as simple as i can so that even you can understand
you:*chimps out like the wild shitskin that he is and starts to ad hom*
me: *last attempt at trying to reason with inferior subhuman*
you: strawman and ad-hom galore
and im done, final fair well to you, my sore loser friend, try not to shit too much lava from your asshole

I think I explained you before what I did.

I just made an observation of your butthurt post. It seems I was right, and you filled your post with useless taunts and contradicted yourself twice.

Why don't you take a break, brainlet? Go to sleep.

Incas were superior to europeans though.

oh well now i understand, so my argument with the guy ended and you're just an inferior shitskin that butted in OUR conversation and started crying because of your inferiority complex

well that's even worse, you don't even have an intellectual argument, you disgusting little subhuman

>inferior shitskin
>inferiority complex
>no intellectual argument
>little subhuman
Are all of that?

It's simple. I made an observation. I was right, and you denied it.

If you want to have an intellectual argument why don't you ask first? This brainlet...

Argies also use the word "negro" without a good/bad connotation per se.

Curiously they use "Bolivian / Peruvian" as an insult.

Are you all of that*
Oops

no you are wrong, you have an inferiority complex, if you didn't you wouldn't but in our conversation with a subject completely irrelevant to the topic we were discussing

you are an inferior subhuman shitskin with an inferiority complex

uma delicia

I feel like racism in the americas is 100% classism, at least in the catholic communities or countries

>inferiority complex
Says the guy trying to push the same "subhuman" insult.
>subject irrelevant
>subject: observation of your post
Hmm...

I think you need to relax a bit, brainlet.

In the late 19th early 20th century this myth was perpetuated among American blacks who then wanted to begin immigrating en masse. The Post-Racial society's response? They barred American blacks from immigrating

that's because you are a subhuman

>brainlet
ironic coming from someone arguing with no argument, you do not have an argument, you are literally just a butthurt shitskin, that's all this conversation revolves around, you have nothing to prove to me, you butted in someone elses conversation just to cry because you KNOW you are inferior and it hurts you

well good

How am I a subhuman if you are actually a brainlet?
>argument
It's simple, I made an observation, you denied it, and voilá! we started an argument.

>that's all this conversation revolves around
That you keep being butthurt and don't want to admit it?

Hmm...

>How am I a subhuman if you are actually a brainlet?
you are the less intelligent one here and it's obvious

>It's simple, I made an observation, you denied it, and voilá! we started an argument.
i was having an argument with someone, you replied to me in continuation of the argument without specifying your intention or whether or not you were him or someone else, ergo, you started a new argument, a pointless argument that i wouldn't even reply to had i known it's a butthurt loser shitsking crying and not a real argument

>That you keep being butthurt and don't want to admit it?
you're the one who butted in MY conversation just to cry, i can't be butthurt when im wiping the floor with you, i enjoy it

>you are the less intelligent one here and it's obvious
You are the one who keeps getting butthurt about your mistakes and can't control its hands though.
> i wouldn't even reply to
See? Now you have another reason to be butthurt after being wrong about my observation.
>my conversation
I'm sorry, but this is an imageboard, no texts written belong to you.

Pffft, brainlet.

>oh i thought you were a whitey being butthurt his precious 'white' usa is being compared to Brazil, i see you're a butthurt non-whitey instead, an equally annoying specimen
No, I'm white and I'm not interested in your /pol/ bait shit, I'm actually debating history here.

Brazil is nothing like the USA.
Blacks in the USA never amounted to more than 13% of the population while they comprise the majority in Brazil.

Slavery was much more extended and brutal in Brazil, the plantation economy was much more widespread, there was no urban middle class of any note until the 1930s, the first steel mill in Brazil was actually founded as late as the 1950s.

You are comparing a literal third world country that had a plantation economy for most of its history and very little European immigration to the largest settler economy in the world.

>you didn't explain anything, you drew parallels that can only be drawn between USA and Brazil
Same "parallels" existed in Cuba, Colombia, and anywhere there was significant slavery.

>you can't compare european immigration, percentage of whites vs natives vs slaves, views on racemixing, etc. with China or France or Saudi Arabia, you silly, goofy person
You can do so for almost every new world society.

I had to leave for the office to work.

You are such a brainlet you didn't even realize my last post was here Even the writing styles are very different, you've spent the past two hours arguing with some shitty troll.

I'm done wasting my time with you

You'll never be white I'm so sorry about that

my genetics > your genetics

Brazil was a big plantation that became a country and argies are racist as fuck against indians, wtf

lmao
See how you were wrong all time actually. Funny.

No need to be upset. Do you want to be white?

By one bigger country that is basically the same, you mean?

>basically
So you were a united statian actually. That explains your brainlet reductionism. Nice.

Last day I was with a brazilian girl and actually yeah they view race in a very different way. Imho it's because they have a simple approach about race and mostly don't give a fuck about racism, unlike the west. All that light racism being tolerated as banter really helps, probably. I'm not even talking about stereotypes but actually considering racial features as something you can joke about if you're easy going, like being tall, short or having a big nose.

Canada has a long history of hating and abusing the natives though, all the way to modern day.

I'm not the user you were awnsering and actually I'm a spaniard. Portugal could very well be a spanish region, nobody would notice anything weird. This is partially because Spain is extremely diverse, of course, but the point remains.

They aren't that similar actually. The immigration policies of Portugal have been pretty different from Spain, just look at their demographic records.

Not trying to say they don't resemble each other, but their differences are pretty much noticeable to be considered, "basically the same".

I strongly disagree. And I don't think something like immigration policies, which are high politics, are relevant in any way to judge what makes two cultures similar ie the actual base people. Of course if you compare Lisboa to Madrid you will get some important differences, but the same can be said about Madrid with a lot of spanish cities (not even counting the ones with their own languages).

If you mean that the policies made Portugal more tolerant because Portugal got blacks, before this century cities in the area of Barcelona had quite a number of blacks from Habana and they didn't suffer racism related hate at all before mass immigration from elsewhere created a general contempt for blacks and latinos in general amongst some people.

>are relevant in any way to judge what makes two cultures similar
Their cultures are way similar alright.
>And I don't think something like immigration policies, which are high politics
Ok.

High in the sense that they're decided by the central governments and aren't day to day issues that normally concern common folks.

>you will never be forced to breed native qts

>Canada has a long history of hating and abusing the natives though, all the way to modern day.

Yes but like all things canada, it's pretty light compared to the US

>post racial society?

My God you're delusional as fuck
Only non-whites racemix
Whites preserve their racial purity stand at the top of this negroid state

Canada barely kept the French and English from fighting each other, and now racism is skyrocketing because Canada auddenly realizes how much different and less neat multiculturalism when your nation is no longer 90% white.