How did the Irish got their subhuman/White nigger status?

>almost permanent drunkeness
>dim-witted
>fuck-ugly
>brutish and violent tendencies
Why wouldn't they be?

FAS

Because they were poor and catholic the eternal anglo thought it was okay to subjugate them.

They act like nigs

Helps the English's justification for actions against them.

The English needed a justification for their exploitation of the irish, hence the nigger descriptor

Because it allowed the brittish to treat them as less than human. It is a tool used by oppressive people to justify there governemnt.

It's standard practice for colonizing and conquering nations to dehumanize people already living there.

>almost permanent drunkeness
Propaganda. Alcohol was never very popular in Ireland until the 20th century. Most people drank milk.

>dim-witted
>fuck-ugly
>brutish and violent tendencies
God, that sounds just like the British working class

English stereotyping and Irish acceptance of it

British writers like Gerald of Wales and Edmund Spenser characterised the Irish as being subhuman in order to justify conquest

They did get some of it from other places but it was never as pronounced. There was a Spanish writer who remarked that the Irish "lived like animals" but were incredibly hospitable and intelligent, for example.

And of course their Catholicism didn't help.

I personally think that a lot if from Americans was just because the Irish are (were) really weird. Imagine you're a shirt n trousers, nuttin' fancy, white bread, dick on vagina American colonist, and one day you look up and a bunch of guys dressed like pic related walk into town yelling their incomprehensible Celtobabble.

Gee, I wonder where they came from?

The English were projecting their own traits, see

Because of the English, and subsequently because of the Americans.

Irish writers and irish thinkers were well sought out in european courts all through history.

Also Gerald of Wales bantering about them.

Live next to some Irish Travellers and tell me with a straight face and tell me they are good catholic people.

Irish Travellers aren't Irish

You have to admit they did look a bit silly

>Irish Travelers
Might as well pretend pic related is perfectly representative of the British people.

Ahhhhh yes Mickey o'Flannigan walking around with strong Irish accent, Irish plates on his car, attending catholic Mass, and listening to Irish folk music is "Not Irish" as he pries open your van door and steals your shit.

Anglo butthurt at the Irish independence movement in the 19th/20th century and anti-Catholic autism before that, also the same reason for anti-gingerism despite them being 5-10% of Irelands population.

Thats it

Unironically, the Jews, Victoria's court Jew Disraeli called them white monkeys during the famine. Anglos + Jews = bad news.

This guy would be styling on even the most hardcore brooklyn hipsters

How can modern "fashion" even compete?

This.
>The Irish hate our order, our civilization, our enterprising industry, our pure religion. This wild, reckless, indolent, uncertain and superstitious race have no sympathy with the English character. Their ideal of human felicity is an alternation of clannish broils and coarse idolatry. Their history describes an unbroken circle of bigotry and blood.
t. (((Benjamin Disraeli)))
Kikes really should be gassed

This. Travellers are fucking scum. The only Irish people who don't think they're scum are the ones either fortunate enough not to live anywhere near them and who never have to deal with them. They're a very small portion of the population and they're so genetically different from the actual civilised people here that they're practically their own ethnicity (because they like to 'keep to their own' and impregnate their sisters most of the time).

They may be Irish but they're not at all representative of the country.

They refused to convert to catholism or drop their culture in favour of Anglo culture for most of their history with Britian. This bewildered and pissed the English off. So the only thing to do was to dehumanize the Irish in order to justify stronger laws against the indigenous Irish and for justification to take over the country with sheer force.

Personally from my own experience the Irish are better spoken and wittier than the average English person.

Intellectuals can be found in all classes of Irish people from poors, to middle to higher, with Anglos the lower class are dumb as bricks whilst the upper class are smart.

So colourful yet the total war games always portray the Irish wearing horrible brown-green tunics.

Does not look that much weirder than any other 16th century fashion to me.
Also wtf, is that a samurai's cuirass...

They are tho

>Anglos + Jews
>implying there's a difference and that they're not the same

>yet the total war games always portray the Irish wearing horrible brown-green tunics.
Yeah it's pretty awful

They were a little bit better in the Medieval 2's Britannia campaign though

>Also wtf, is that a samurai's cuirass...
Yes, it was meant to symbolise the triumph of Catholicism over the anti-Catholic Japs

Being BTFO so hard by Hideyoshi they draw their own fan fiction...

Was that a common motive at the time?

t. Albino gorilla

>How did the Irish get their sub human status
They never did, in the 1790 naturalization act it specifically says "white men of decent character". In 1790, the Irish were allowed to move here freely. The only reason they were hated so much is because they were Catholic and had a long history of tension between them and WASPs

>Alcohol was never popular until the 20th century
Lies

Is that a fookin fork as handguard?

>How did the Irish got their subhuman/White nigger status?
anglo propaganda to justify genocide and imperialism

By behaving subhuman? Occam's Razor, bith

Anglo propaganda.

>They never did
Top kek, someone needs to read his early 20th century. Irish were niggers and not due to their religion.

For one example lovecrafts letters for Veeky Forums education mixed with /pol/ racism

Being "white" is really funny
You see, if your country is doing fine you're "white" or "honorary white"
If your country isn't, you aren't

Same goes to you. If It's weren't white, then why were they allowed to immigrate to the US after the 1790 act specifically said "white people are the only ones who can immigrate here"

Someone needs to stop reading Snopes

Except the Irish were always considered white. The only people who thought otherwise were radical minorities of the Know Nothing Party

The 1790 act was repeatedly revised, repealed, and twisted throughout American history. Groups such as the Kniw-Nothing's and KKK considered the Irish, Italians and so on to be unassimilable foreigners.

>Groups like the KKK and Know Nothing Party thought they were foreigner who couldn't assimilate
That doesn't mean they didn't think they were white. This might come as a shock to you, but whites didn't used to all get along under the term "white" There we're German and Anglo tension, some didn't like the Spanish and Greeks, the Dutch and the Finnish, Slavs, etc. They were all considered white but each group though themselves better than the other. The only people who considered one group not white were extreme radicals.
>1790 act was revised
No they just loosened immigration restrictions for industrialization purposes. Irish were always considered white.

Samefag

So like the Russian men nowadays?

The Brits wanted a justification for treating Ireland like a really shitty colony, so they decided if they just call the Irish subhuman, eventually people will start believing it.

The Irish were never considered non white they were simply considered beneath the english and undesirable. The Irish not being white is the most pathetic meme of all time.

I love it when the brits imply they are more attractive than the Irish

>>fuck-ugly
I thought they had nice thick asses

That meme can be sourced to (((Noel Ignatiev))) and this book.

they could afford hats

Anglos only like Black people prove me wrong

irish people tend to either be very good looking, or ugly

Doesn't mean it's incorrect. I lived there a few years and it's still mostly true. I blame alcohol but I'm not sure if it's a cause or a consequence of their inferiority.

Are you arguing that his points do not match the character, culture, and civilisation enjoyed by the people of the empire?

Do you count yourself among Britain's detractors? Do you not know that you are a parasite?

>Propaganda. Alcohol was never very popular in Ireland until the 20th century.
They're doing a great job of making up for it.

Based Disraeli

>jew calling somebody else a parasite

Aho girl worst girl

>Literally milk drinkers

Not really.

nobody thinks Russians are dim-witted or fuck-ugly though

>6 million Irish in Ireland
>80 million Irish outside Ireland

WTF?
Did the British really screw up Ireland so badly?

Americans shitposting in real life

Don't delude yourself

The potato famine and British incompetence/ambivalence led to Ireland being severely depopulated through emigration. The Irish even have a WE WUZ emigration museum in Dublin since its such a big part of their history.