Coworker bragging how he has made half million in crypto past year

Coworker bragging how he has made half million in crypto past year.

Took 50k out of my retirement plan with a massive tax hit. Opened coinbase and went all in LTC at $42 in mid july. Early August converted LTC to BTC not knowing what I was doing and lost a bunch in fees as well as missing out on any BCC. In a couple of weeks I'm already down 15k.

Transferred all BTC to bittrex. Went all in on NEO at $44 a couple of weeks ago..

Just sold all my NEO at $21 to at least retain some value.

I have lost close to 35k in less than 2 months. Cut my retirement savings in half.

Wife has no idea. Talking this morning about going to Disney with kids next year and I am dying inside.

WHAT HAVE I DONE?????

>WHAT HAVE I DONE?????
you chased pumps, like a true Veeky Forumstard.

>went all in LTC at $42 in mid july.
All you had to do was HODL!!!

All you had to do was buy btc and hold.
Fucking tards man.

Why are you fucking with your retirement in crypto? Are you literally retarded?

I live on the edge, but I know that I can borrow against my 401k if I absolutely needed to for my bills.

THAT IS MONEY YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO TOUCH UNLESS ITS AN EMERGENCY.

"MISSING GAINZZZ" IS NOT AN EMERGENCY.

I suggest you lawyer up and prepare your divorce papers BEFORE talking to your wife.

Did something similar with about ~3k, turned it into 1k with the Ripple pump before getting into margin trading on polo. Made about 400 dollars before the crash, now I'm stuck with a long margin at 34%. In all honesty, you need to focus on buying when the prices are low (that would mean now) and not getting the fear of missing out and switching coins mid-ship crash or rise.
If you would've just stayed in litecoin, you could've gotten out at 100% gains.
If you would've shorted ATHs instead of buying them, you could've made mad gains on this latest crash.
Focus more on learning the TA and fundamentals as well as keeping a close eye on news, as this Chinese fiasco is clearly what's driven the market in the last 24hrs.
Stop panic selling, and stop FOMO buying. Instead, sell when everyone is talking about their coin being on a new paradigm (LTC holders saying it'll go up to 120 when $95 was a blistering high ATH for it) and buy when there's god damn pink wojaks everywhere and blood in the streets (every thread on Veeky Forums about how they lost during the crash).

fucking beta, you deserve it for being so weak

>going all in LTC

You have revealed yourself to be a liar, nobody is gutsy or dumb enough to put their money on a boring 3rd class coin like LTC, even though if you did hodl you would have atleast made some extra pocket change.

>Just sold all my NEO at $21
wew lad

What do you think of ARK, thinking of going all in with that or TenX. Need to catch a wave to make up quick.

Lol it's only $20k..you can make that back within a month if you follow good calls.

please be real

My coworker is 100% against BTC. Total ETH and ICO gains. LTC seemed like a much cheaper buy and safer before I decided what to do, and cutting over to BTC so I could go into NEO seemed like I could duplicate what he did on the china side.

ARK was good at 20k sats, TenX is looking like it's down considerably from its ATH. Still, I wouldn't look to catch the next big wave -- look to buy onto a heavy knife fall that's stable. TenX could have an announcement that there's no VISA partnership and it all comes crashing down. Pay attention to LTC and ETH prices, XMR too even though it looks like that could fall considerably still. They will return.

Your kids deserve to kick you in the nuts

lol weakhands.

babbys first crypto. put what you have left in omg and wait 6-12 months you'll save face don't worry.

You're fucked OP.

tell your wife, and hope you dont wind up in a divorce. i'd bet money your wife will cuck you though and take away your access to the money LOL

Op i swear to you, go all in on Omg coin. Read there project, twitter and upcoming news this september. You will make it all back by october. Take it or leave it, no shilling from me, read what they are doing and what team they have.

you're missing the 'Past Performance is No Guarantee' thing. Your co worker probably loaded up on Ether in 2015/2016, got lucky, and runs around clucking about how he's a genius, anyone can do it

Get ark now before it moons

I'm all on in ARK with no fears and I'm 80% sure I will double my investment by christmas.

Heres the gameplan, ADX has tanked pretty hard in the last week. They will be mooning hard in the next 1.5 weeks. Guaranfuckingteed x3 gains. I am not at liberty to share my insider knowledge but lets just say they are working on teleportation (not literally) put it in crypto terms. Good luck with Disney

Can someone please explain how you can actually lose money trading BTC.

It's been steadily rising since inception with foreseeable crashes in between.

Do people actually panic and sell on the crashes?

yeah, betas with weak hands and minds

Go all in on OMG, some fancy investment firm said it would be 700 one day

>never invest more than you're willing to lose

WHAT IS SO HARD ABOUT THAT PRINCIPLE

You're stupid for selling your neo end of story. Crypto is like stock you don't check it every day you don't day trade and you wait years for real gains to become a millionaire. Fuck you doing selling your neo at a loss you fuck boy

Should have bought bitcoin ,alts are high risk

why would you ever go all in on anything with your retirement savings?

Give your wife control of your money and don't look back. Obviously you should not have any control over it.

I would heavily suggest running from the hills if anyone suggests using TA to make money. It has no basis in scientific thinking, only emotional. The only thing is nobody fucking uses it, so it isn't a good measure of how the market actually reacts.

Focus on true fundamentals, you want to invest in a large team that has a great product and has solid funding. Even then, shit happens and you may lose most if not all of your money.

This is why I've been in ARK since 15k SATs, I strongly believe in the team and product. Unless something catastrophic happens, I'm not selling for 3-5 years, because it scales well to being an enterprise solution. If you are truly willing to hold, I would heavily suggest looking at ARK. ACES is almost finished and once it does the price is likely to hit $5-10 depending on BTC's health over the next couple weeks.

this

You're going to feel twice as bad when neo goes back to $44 and probably kill your self when neo goes to $100

kek

Neither of us are financial experts - I convinced her I was talking the money out of our basic fidelity account to put into an ameritrade ira, which was cover to get her to sign with me so I could get the check. She has no idea what any of it means, just convinced her it would be double the returns we were currently getting which over past several years was barely 3.5%.

I don't know about ARK, doesn't look that great. What about ETC? Looks cheap enough and if ETH falters that could take over and be worth $300?

>"doesnt look that great"

yeah bro if you dont mind im gonna take my financial advices from someone who didnt piss away like 75% of their retirement funds by being a pussy ass weak handed beta

Go all in in LINX and you'll make it all back

Yup, pretty much this. Why oh why did you sell your NEO at a huge loss? Your going to hate yourself in a month or two...

>Buy BTC and HODL.
>Tell your wife you can't touch the money now for tax reasons when she talks about Disney
>Take family to a nice restaurant

Be rich in 5 - 10 years

OP, this is probably your best bet now....

You sound like an extremely shitty person. Enjoy your divorce.

That's not living on the edge you massive faggot

Holy shit dude.. why didn't you just hold LTC and ETH like a normal person

Another normie bites the dust.

Weak hands

Why do faggots dump their nest egg into crypto, a thing they have no experience with or knowledge of, and expect to do anything but lose?

Did it never occur to you to start with an amount you wouldn't be bothered losing?

I guess I wouldn't be up 100k in 3 months without you but goddamn, grow a brain.

Buy DGB it's your only hope

Get rich kick doesn't work, especially if you plan it.

>ARK doesn't look great
>What about ETC

This has to be bait lmao. Btw with ARK you can vote for a delegate and get a good return.

dubs of truth

be smart, OP

OP just buy btc at 3600 and hodl. fuck shit coins