ITT: Napoleon's best quotes

I start:

>England is a nation of shopkeepers

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Corunna#Retreat_to_Corunna
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>[France] must destroy the English monarchy, or expect itself to be destroyed by these intriguing and enterprising islanders...Let us concentrate all our efforts on the navy and annihilate England. That done, Europe is at our feet.

In a letter to Spanish deputies before conquering Spain in a month in 1809

>"I am here with the soldiers who conquered at Austerlitz, at Jena, at Eylau. Who can withstand them? Certainly not your wretched Spanish troops who do not know how to fight. I shall conquer Spain in two months and acquire the rights of a conqueror."

"You don't reason with intellectuals - you shoot them. "

Uncle Joe would've been proud

>"Your Royal Highness A victim to the factions which distract my country, and to the enmity of the greatest powers of Europe, I have terminated my political career, and I come, like Themistocles, to throw myself on the hospitality of the British people. I put myself under the protection of their laws; which I claim from your Royal Highness, as the most powerful, the most constant, and the most generous of my enemies. Rochefort 13 July 1815
Napoleon"

>tfw I agree with this
How bad/dumb am I for agreeing with this. It just looks like 90% of intellectuals like in the French Revolution are either autistic retards or people who perform constant mental gymnastics; both of whom pose a threat to all people if they ever get any kind of traction.

A lot of what he said about Muhammad was just pandering to the Egyptians when he was down there

"Women should not be looked upon as equals of men. They are, in fact, only machines for making babies" - Napolean Bonaparte

Most of the quotes he made on islam people use are from his private correspondance.

He envied the Ottoman Empire, of course he did, it had existed for centuries and stood for another after Napoleon's was destroyed.

Don't get so wrapped up in post Wahhabist interpretations of Islam desu

Another one:
>I like the relgion of Muhammed better, it is less ridiculous than ours.
Which is from his diary back when he was in sainte Hélène

That man made me miss my destiny

>wretched spanish troops
>proceeds to bleed the peninsular army like a stuck pig

that's pretty fucking accurate tho, see the growth of islam as a religion

that was the partisans that did that, not the Spanish soldiers

Fredrick William IV, King of Prussia sends an arrogantly worded ultimateum to Napoleon to retreat to France and surrender the Confederation of the Rhine or face war. Can't find exact text but it was cocky.

Napoleon sends a letter back:

>your majesty will be defeated, you will compromise your repose and the existence of your subjects without the shadow of pretext. Prussia today is intact, and can treat me in a manner suitable to her dignity. In a month's time she will be in a very different position. You are still in a position to save your subjects from the ravages and misfortunes of war> it has barely started. you could stop it, and europe would be grateful to you.

oof

Spanish partisans

Not Napoleon, but wellington said once :

>We always have been, we are, and I hope that we always shall be detested in France.

fucking love it

>user posts Napoleon
>Veeky Forums: [ejaculates]

Like clockwork.

>Muhammad was a prince; he rallied his compatriots around him. In a few years, the Muslims conquered half of the world. They plucked more souls from false gods, knocked down more idols, razed more pagan temples in fifteen years than the followers of Moses and Jesus did in fifteen centuries. Muhammad was a great man. He would indeed have been a god, if the revolution that he had performed had not been prepared by the circumstances.
What did he mean by this?

I like these:
>I surrender
>I surrender

why was he so based
we could have better europe if he won against eternal mongol and anglo

After getting back from Elbe Island, Napoleon said to the soldiers who were supposed to capture him :

>"if a soldier here wants to kills his emperor, here i am!"

he was a dramaqueen, but a based dramaqueen.

Great generals are all drama queens, Alexander being the greatest of all (general and drama queen)

britfags will never ever stop asshurting about napoleon, he did more than the entire britshit "empire" did in a few years

french>brits
forever and ever

And by everyone else too
Here's what Napoleon wrote to his brother Joseph while pursuing the retreating Brits on their way to dunkirk out of Spain at Corunna:

>"My vanguard is near Astorga; the English are running away as fast as they can ... they are abhorred by everybody; they have carried off everything, and then maltreated and beaten the inhabitants. There could not have been a better sedative for Spain than to send an English army.[48]"

you come across like you're such a conceited simpleton that intelligent people are like scary aliens to you

>>"My vanguard is near Astorga; the English are running away as fast as they can ... they are abhorred by everybody; they have carried off everything, and then maltreated and beaten the inhabitants. There could not have been a better sedative for Spain than to send an English army.[48]"

Serves those spaniards right for trusting the french

He never said the Spaniards were worthless, Cabron. The French don't think that, not yesterday nor today so stop acting like that. At the time, he just though you had a shitty army. And fuck, you did. One month.

>Several times during the retreat, the discipline of the British broke down

>On 28 December British troops pillaged and looted Benavente[51]

>At Bembibre on 2 January, hundreds of British soldiers got so inebriated on wine, and not for the first or last time,[52] that they had to be abandoned and were captured or cut to pieces by the pursuing French dragoons.[53]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Corunna#Retreat_to_Corunna

Hahahaha
The absolute state of the British army
Truly the scum of the earth

Your just mad because you let the french in and you couldnt even munster a army to fight back meus tios

Post the end result

Really makes me think

>manlet eternal gaul dictator brings war to europe for years in pursuit of his autistic ambitions
>Veeky Forums circlejerks it

Sounds an awful lot like /pol/ and their obessesion with a teuton manlet

>The retreat of the British, closely followed by their French pursuers, took them through mountainous terrain in dreadful conditions of cold and snow and was marked by exhausting marches, privation, and suffering. Moore was joined at Astorga by General Romana leading the remnants of Blake's Spanish forces and Romana proposed they make a stand. However, with Napoleon closing in, Moore declined and continued his retreat north while Romana went west towards Portugal.[44]

Typical Brits

>"Hey amigos, wanna try to fight the French with us?"
>"No sorry, we be retreatin and evacuatin rite now m8. Maybe in another life lol"

He's kind of right tho

Napoopan was legitimately one of the best military commander of all time
and personally i think Napoopan should've listen to our eternal advisor Talleyrand

I know right?
How did they even get there?

Pretty sure Spanish troops did all the work

Begone anglo

>hurr saying the truth is da ayynglows

Whatever you need to tell yourself Gaul enabler

Vade retro anglo

>muh aynglows
>muh joos

/pol/ tier

Intellectuals and intelligent people are not the same thing.

Err aren't you forgetting who beat napoleon in only a couple of years, and the fact the British empire covered 1/4 of the earth for quite a while.

>Err aren't you forgetting who beat napoleon in only a couple of years
Russians and Germans?

>in only a couple of years
Yeah, two decades

>and the fact the British empire covered 1/4 of the earth
Mostly third world shitholes tho

>for quite a while.
A mere century
That's barely few decades more than Napoleon lasted

>Leave Russia to me

See:
Also, do you know why Parisian streets were built so wide?

So Russian troops could zerg rush through them

And Germans. How can one country surrender so much. C'est incroyable !

Best one IMO

>Spanish troops did all work
>Spanish troops
>troops

Mein fucking sides

>How can one country surrender so much. C'est incroyable !

If you think that's bad you should look at this one

Put the goalposts back or should I remind you Napoleon wasn't even French?

Who cares?
Hitler wasnt German, Stalin wasnt Russian and Lionheart and Henry V werent English (and neither was Wellington)

>the Austria isn't German meme

Most of Napoleon's war were defensive

>corsica isn't french
>it is part of france

>austria is german
>not even part of germany

How can kraut fetishists be this delusional?

He was tho :)

>Somebody praises Napoleon
>Anglos: [autistic screeching]

naturally people who like history would like Napoleon.
he was one of those leaders who saw his position in history while in the present and basically set out to make it as interesting as possible.

>naturally people who like history would like (((Hitler))).
>he was one of those leaders who saw his position in history while in the present and basically set out to make it as interesting as possible.

Why not desu?

let me introduce you to a little something called the holocaust

>Oy vey! Muh soah! Remember the 6 million goy!

Dont fucking care im not a kike even tough many jews owe thanks to my country

>Russians and Germans?

">[France] must destroy the English monarchy, or expect itself to be destroyed by these intriguing and enterprising islanders...Let us concentrate all our efforts on the navy and annihilate England. That done, Europe is at our feet."

>Mostly third world shitholes tho

And yet here we are, speaking English. The US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong and Singapore are all nations/territories that are all in a good state (compared to the world average) due to the British founding and developing them. You'd have to be irreperably retarded to believe that Napoleon's empire has had anywhere close to the same impact on the world.

>That's barely few decades more than Napoleon lasted
>100 years is barely more than 10

>"Dear Arthur; I get it, you won. Now for fucks sake please stop fucking my mistresses"

>post yfw you remember french qt's in burgundy were throwing themselves at brit troops during the napoleonic wars
>tfw you hear the waves breaking in a gallic pussy
>tfw it means nothing coz you only speak english like a true anglo

Napoleon the Cuck; Wellington the Chad

>Mostly third world shitholes
Yeah, should've gone for Haiti and Senegal instead

Want to talk about the absolute state of Zimbabwe, Iraq, Pakistan, Bengladesh, India, Nigeria, Tanzania, Guyana, Burma...etc?

>post yfw you remember french qt's in burgundy were throwing themselves at brit troops during the napoleonic wars

But then you actually study history and find out that Brits never even reached as far as Burgundy
The farthest point they advanced in France was Toulouse

Want to talk about the fact that no former French colony has even come close to the standard of Australia, NZ and Canada?

>You'd have to be irreperably retarded to believe that Napoleon's empire has had anywhere close to the same impact on the world.

Actually, remove the US from your list (they became independent before the British Empire was a thing anyway) and what's left is much less relevant to history than Napoleon's Empire was
If you think the three "successful" but irrelevant countries and the hundred or so total shitholes that composed your 19th century empire impacted the world in any meaningful way, you're deluded as fuck

Yes, Britain was the only European country to ever almost totally wipe natives out of places to replace them with whites
And it gave them four successful colonies (out of around 200 in total)
No one denies that

The only reason the US managed to thrive as a country was because of the societal and legal foundations laid by English colonists. The Founding Fathers were all basically Englishmen culturally.

Britain's empire left a legacy much greater than that of Napoleon's short conquests:

- English it is the primary language of up to 400 million people and is spoken by about one and a half billion as a first, second or foreign language.

- The English parliamentary system has served as the template for the governments for many former colonies, and English common law for legal systems.

- Most of the world's most popular sports - football, cricket, rugby, and golf - are all British exports.

- Much of the post-colonial history of Africa and the Middle East is a direct result of British policies.

- Millions of people moved to and from British colonies, with large numbers of Indians emigrating to other parts of the empire, such as Malaysia and Fiji, and Chinese people to Malaysia, Singapore and the Caribbean.

I'd call all of the above 'meaningful impacts' on the world. Yes, Napoleon had a huge impact upon Europe, but he didn't last long enough for those impacts to be felt so deeply around the world.

Doesn't change the fact that Britain has the most successful former colonies of any European empire.

Only if you don't count England as a French colony

Nice meme

Seems like France sent their best chaps over

>The only reason the US managed to thrive as a country was because of the societal and legal foundations laid by English colonists. The Founding Fathers were all basically Englishmen culturally.
No, the reason is that they managed to get rid of British loser early enough through revolution
Otherwise they'd have ended as irrelevant as Canada or Australia

>- English it is the primary language of up to 400 million people and is spoken by about one and a half billion as a first, second or foreign language.
English being the international language is an US achievement
English being spoken in irrelevant third world shithole Britain once owned doesnt matter, it's it being spoken as second language in Europe and East Asia (thank to Post-WW2 US domination) that does

And btw, everything else on your list is irrelevant garbage compared to Napoleon's achievements (Metric System, Modern Legal System, Rise of Nationalism, spread of meritocracy...etc)

Britain's only real achievement was losing the 13 colonies so they could develop into an unprecedented superpower

>English being the international language in third world shitholes to, is an US achievement

>No, the reason is that they managed to get rid of British loser early enough through revolution

You're putting the cart before the horse here my dude. If the British hadn't shown up in North America at all the US wouldn't exist and wouldn't have become a superpower. Imagine if French Louisiana had continued and you get the picture.

>an US achievement

Nice grammar. Anyway, I won't dispute that the rise of the US has helped in this regard - but to this day, English has a key administrative role in the former non-white colonies. For a long time, access to English meant access to education, whether in the mission schools in Africa or the first universities in India. This created an English-speaking elite in some of the world’s most populous countries, and elites are good at self-preservation. This legacy of the English language laid the ground in many places for the growth of international American companies post-WWII.

>everything else on your list is irrelevant garbage

Ah yes, the recent history of nations comprising a few billion people is "irrelevant garbage". Nice way to move the goalposts.

>Metric System

Wasn't adopted to a large extent internationally until decades after Napoleon's death.

>Modern Legal System

The Code influences a quarter of the world's jurisdictions such as that of in Continental Europe, the Americas and Africa, it's true. But one third of the world's population live in common law jurisdictions or in systems that incorporate many elements of it. So I don't see how the 'modern legal system' (whatever that means) is more of a Napoleonic invention than an English one.

>Britain's only real achievement was losing the 13 colonies so they could develop into an unprecedented superpower

Pax Britannica and the Industrial Revolution weren't acheivements, the post.

>zimbabwe
pre-colonial history is a single set of stone walls

>iraq
why not blame the ottomans as well?

>pakistan
indian muslims who arranged the creation of their own independent state

>bangladesh
poorly run under company rule, mediocre governance by the british government

>india
barbaric practices like bride-burning and ashvamedha eradicated, arable land increased eightfold, railways constructed, 3,000 years of internecine warfare ended, mughal empire cucked...
what about india's post-independence annexation of goa? annexation of hyderabad? wars with pakistan and china? airstrikes against their own citizens?
don't listen to the hindu nationalists who think indians would all be living in mansions with clean toilets and fresh food if it weren't for britannia, because it's horseshit

>nigeria
iron age society that practiced slavery and human sacrifice until it was annexed

>tanzania
tribal society

>guyana
nothing to see here

>burma
stubborn mongoloids just wouldn't give in

No one cares about your excuse
Faggot here brought up Haiti and Senegal, so I reminded him that every European colony in which locals werent wiped out and replaced with whites (so any colony that isnt USA, Canada, Australia or NZ) is a shithole
You can maybe find a couple a city states and like one oil state that isnt, but 90% of European (and 90% of British) colonies are shitholes

Rhodesia almost wasn't a shithole until Mugabe fucked everything up

Except countries like Nigeria and Ghana aren't shitholes. Large portions of their population live, as they continued to live through colonial rule, in a tribal manner. That they can't maintain infrastructure properly isn't Britain's fault.
European ingenuity created the modern world, and here in the post-colonial age we have former colonies expecting to enjoy the fruits of Western labour whilst decrying the way in which the means to attain them were reached. Oh the British colonised Nigeria! How terrible! I mean, thanks for eradicating slavery and human sacrifice, introducing Christianity and Western medicine, building schools and railways, and showing us not only how to drill for oil but how to put it to use, but the ignominy means we're never going to forget how you were all, like, y'know, totally imperial and shit.

What were the Stone Age aboriginals of Australia doing before colonial rule? They certainly weren't mining manganese, zinc or nickel. So why should they profit from it today? By the way, Australian aboriginal population today is roughly the same as it was when Cook claimed Oz for Britain. They've simply been outdone by a smarter, more advanced group that they failed to kill off (not for the want of trying on their part either, contrary to hippy belief)

What's funny about this quote is, he meant it as an insult but the Brits took it simply stating the obvious. Commerce may be a dirty word for a Frog, but Bongs see it as humanities highest aspiration,

French women enjoy pleasing British men

wtf i love mohammad now

>ywn cuddle with Fempoleon on those long cold nights invading Russia together

Why even live

he was Tuscan, not Gallic in any sense.

>Except countries like Nigeria and Ghana aren't shitholes.

They really are tho

>What's funny about this quote is, he meant it as an insult but the Brits took it simply stating the obvious

Other way around
He said that as a statement of the obvious and Brits took that as an insult

>Talleyrand was minister to the Bourbons, minister to the Committee of Public Safety, minister to the Directory, and then a minister for Napoleon. If I were Nappy I wouldn't trust Talleyrand.

Frederick William IV was a disgrace to the Hohenzollern name.

They're less like shitholes than they were pre-colonialism though
I think it's incredible that people believe the Nigerians, on the strength of a few (very well made) bronze heads, were an advanced civilisation before British rule

>post yfw you remember thing that didn't happen

>They're less like shitholes than they were pre-colonialism though

Like pretty much every single European colony except India (which became the shithole it's now because Brits banned toilets and cemeteries)