Were humans meant to live in large urban areas? Something about city life seems so terribly depressing...

Were humans meant to live in large urban areas? Something about city life seems so terribly depressing. It seems to strip people of their very humanity.

I think humans were never meant to leave rural society, it was what we were meant for. Living in cities is destroying us.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/science/2017/jan/16/natural-selection-making-education-genes-rarer-says-icelandic-study
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28593967
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>meant

>meant
That aside all civilization is inherently dehumanizing. People were happier in the past.

I'd rather be a high IQ urban dweller enjoying the fruits of civilization than a low IQ bushman who wallows in his own shit.

>People were happier in the past.
Do I need to break out that study of primitive East Timor tribes showing how all the women are constantly being raped and in turn sexually abusing and murdering their children?

Such happy primitivism.

Iktf

I live in Buenos Aires and I fucking hate this place.

The arachnids should invade and destroy it

Is it Psychohistory

>every pre-civilization society was identical

Maybe for you. I've lived in a rural small town all my life and hated it. I've been living in a major city now for 5 years and never want to leave. You just have to set some time aside and leave the city of a few days, go camping or something

The flies are always flying towards the shit.

Humans weren't "meant for" shit, and I don't mean that in an edgy way.

If you want to say we were "meant for" something, it's hard to argue in favor of what I presume you mean by "rural society", which only arose 10-15,000 years ago. On an evolutionary timescale, that's miniscule.

>You are bad because you have a different opinion on something completely arbitrary
Kill yourself

>rural, settled society
Ignoring an estimated 2 million years spent mostly wandering around hunting and foraging.

I've flown over it a few times and it looks more developed and fun than Montevideo. Probably sucks to live their as a resident day to day with all the people's shenanigans and bureaucracies.

I'm the same as you but only because life has became more convenient. City life turned me into a subhuman too relying on others.

>meant
>meant
>meant
& Humanities was a mistake

Then you suck dicks

>cities
>high IQ
Well, depends on the nation. It certainly isn't the case in America.

Nice obsession

I live in America.

Rural folks can sometimes be dull and oblivious to the beauty they have around them while visiting city dwellers can mesmerized by it.

>meant
What?

East Timor are Australoid subhumans not Caucasoid or Mongoloid idiot.

>i-it can't happen here!

Eat botulism.

>all the women are constantly being raped
What about the negatives though?

>meant
Human civilization itself is an anomaly of nature.

City life is good for the anonymity. Until your over enthusiastic neighbors who grew up in small towns start insisting on saying hello to you all the time.

Yes, because we are social animals

>le meant
Obviously op meant something more akin to "suited to"

No.
By "Meant", you mean "Justified by nature"?

Every animal lives in its own ecological niche. Animals that eat plants rely on the plants, and the plants rely on the feces; the predators rely on the herbivores to curb their populations from over-consuming.

Humans, originally native to Africa, once lived in an abundant resource-filled jungle that eventually became wasteland, and we adapted to thrive in a low-energy environment by conserving our own energy (by sweating to stay cool, walking on two legs to reserve energy for our arms, and by cooking our food to save energy on eating). We're a very efficient species; we could thrive more easily than most species that already live in abundant environments. But the problem, is that we're born to live in a scarce environment. Every chance we get, we eat; but the amount of what we eat, unlike our cousins the gorillas, has to be full of calories, because we aren't satisfied by leaves and small bitter fruits. The abundance of resources, like for our chimp & bonobo cousins, will lead to lots of sex.

Scarcity is one of the reasons the agricultural revolution happened. Our economic system is based on scarcity. The currency is always seemingly in short supply, as the customers always want a smaller price, and the salesman always want to sell for a higher price. The system has created a workforce of slaves who think they're free with the exception of that "little bit of money"; but once they get it, they need more. The cities are the biggest of the sinners in that regard, because their entire way of life can only be sustained by the people elsewhere that give them the food and the materials they need. We're too invested in the "future", but when we get there, we're always wanting to go further; a lot of people think that's natural, but no animal does this except for the civilized human.

Different question: how "normal" are those sleep patterns rhat are enforced by regular jobs? Were we used to wake up everyday at 6 or 8 am, and go to sleep at the same hour every night with no inconvenience? Or sleep patterns were more fluid, and people went to sleep when they wanted to?

t. In 23 years I still have not figures out sleeping, and at this point I'm starting to think that I'm the sane one and the rest of the world is plain wrong

People were considerably smarter than before civlization, infact IQ is shown to be dropping. . .
theguardian.com/science/2017/jan/16/natural-selection-making-education-genes-rarer-says-icelandic-study

For me it's the opposite, i love it, it's full of people, full of things to do and things to buy, nice and safe from nature, civilization all around me, it's great

it could be unnatural, but so far we're doing ok, healthy babies are being born all the time and that indicates that we haven't fucked ourselves just yet

in my country this is common mentality, we say about people like OP: "glorify the village, live in the city"

Rural retard detected

>Implying “people” as we think of them, i.e. anatomically modern humans, have been around for two million years.

Try 200,000. Even then, we're not sure if they had the same cognitive and social abilities as we do today.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28593967

Cities inevitably draw brighter and more educated people from everywhere else and consume them. They're a constant brain drain.
Just because you decided to stick your uppity minorities in the city centers rather than the outskirts like most countries doesn't really change this fact.

I guess you're in favor of abusing and murdering children as well since it didn't register as a negative.

Who are you to decide what people are "meant" to do?

IQ
Irrelevant STEMmeme
>fruits of civilization
None exist. You're spooked.
>study
STEMspergery is inherently propagandist. Try again.