I speak in Latin to God, Italian to Women, French to Men, and German to my Horse

>I speak in Latin to God, Italian to Women, French to Men, and German to my Horse.

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Charles_V,_Holy_Roman_Emperor
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Latin as an official, fancy language that he felt was worthy of communion with God, italian to women because of its seductiveness, french to his men because he thought it to be noble, german because of its strict, military feel.

Wasn't it Spanish to God?

>I speak Latin to the English, Portuguese to my wife, Greek to the Turks and Dutch to my peepee
What did he mean by this?

then again, there are many versions of this sentence. check the wiki article for the full list and explanations: en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Charles_V,_Holy_Roman_Emperor

He's an autist

Germans are an ass like people.

I speak in C+ to God, Simple English to Normies, Victorian English to myself and American on Veeky Forums

I speak in Hebrew to God, English to men, and "y-you, too" to women.

He was fucking the horse

What the actual fuck. user I was thinking about this today

That Turks are just filthy Greeks after all

>Latin: obviously god's language to a catholic monarch
>Italian: romantic, caressing language.
>French: faggot language
>German: Harsh language, good for war and the commands he gives his steed.

>C+
using namespace std;
int main()
{
cout

German isn't harsh at all, in normal speech.

yes in normal speech,but the moment you get emphatic you sound like you are trying to muster the freikorps

Horses speak german?

French is for discussions and also cursing

French is for when you need to moan while fucking Manley boipuss

>Romance cuck languages

No thank's, I'll prefer the language of people who actually managed to maintain their own culture

Roman cucks roflmao just kys

Fuck off we aren't.

kek

t. barbarian

Get out, rooooaaach

>Church
>some Casanova crap
>Lingua FRANCA of nobles
>Ordnung

>French: faggot language
>German: Harsh language, good for war
t. Hans Al-Ahmed

his hosre was poorly educated and knew only one language.

At the very least I'd expect a more appropriately meme worthy language.

Wrong retards

Latin = Religion's language
Italian = Romantic language
French = Lingua Fraca and military language of the time (to men = to other nobles and to soldiers)
German = Irrelevant as shit and only good for animals

That's what he meant by this
Next time, try to study the context of the era before letting the 20th century spawned meme of German militarusm spill over a 16th century dude

That's wrong though. The quote originally goes:

>Unde solebat, ut audio, Carolus V Imperator dicere, Germanorum linguam esse militarem: Hispanorum amatoriam: Italorum oratoriam: Gallorum nobilem ("When Emperor Charles V used to say, as I hear, that the language of the Germans was military; that of the Spaniards pertained to love; that of the Italians was oratorical; that of the French was noble").

>German to my Horse.
he had affection to his horse, he spoke with him in the language that he spoke as a child

Pure bullshit
He wasn't speaking to God when speaking this quote, and therefore it can't be in Latin

>the language that he spoke as a child

Spanish?

>What did he mean by this?

He spoke German with his lovers.

That's not a quote by him that's a quote about him you moron, and it's the earliest reference to him saying something like that.

german, charles had a lot of trouble in Spain when he was young because he didn't know spanish.