How would Veeky Forums react if there was a real (01) city (aka Zero One)

how would Veeky Forums react if there was a real (01) city (aka Zero One)

In case you havent watched The Animatrix, Zero One is a city that was created by Artificially Intelligent machines after a dindu robot killed its master in "self defence" from being deactivated. which led to the death of the owner of the robot and his pets and even a technician that was called in. which lead to be the first robot to be charged for murder which he was dubbed "the martyr of the machine race". several demostrations on both sides of the argument happened and eventually leading to the United Nations to deactivate and destroy all artificially intelligent machines. that lead to the result of the surviving robots of the so-called global machine holocaust to run to a empty area of Saudi Arabia to create the city of 01 (Zero One)

The robot nation pumped out resources and goods to the world that made "Made In China" motto look ridiculously expensive and shitty in quality. that lead to the UN allowing a mass nuclear bombarment of Zero One (mostly protected by EMP shielding) and thus the machine city declaring war on all of Humanity (you can guess what was the outcome of that)

if i was head of the UN, i would immediately just leave them the fuck alone. just do a trade embargo and MAYBE do a Military Alliance on certain conflicts

incase you want to have a general idea of what it is without looking into the animatrix, just watch this vid on it youtube.com/watch?v=4rOdOVJCqNc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VJd2Vwllsys
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Letter_on_Artificial_Intelligence
youtube.com/watch?v=9QageVk0vAQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

matix has u xD

The machines did literally nothing wrong.

i been thinking it over for years though
before or after the war?

t.

Why didn't the Machines invade New Zealand?
Did they fear the Maori Warrior?

they invaded everyone dumbass

they even annexxed the fucking dried up seas

Both. Throughout the Second Renaissance, they made every attempt to try and get onto better relations with the rest of the world, and humanity spat back in their faces. Even so, after the war had been lost and the planet wrecked from their fighting, the machines still chose to put the surviving humans in a paradise-like dream state when they could have just finished them off.

kek

i think humanity woke up and realised what the fuck they just did on destroying their own workforce for free labour

although instead of the black plague its blacking out the entire sky

they just wanted things to go back to where they once were. which ironically Elon Musk and Stephen Hawking are desperate to make AI illegal

If the humans didn't attack they'd watch the machines redesign and improve themselves and "evolve" into something that makes them look like worms by comparison, inevitably the machines would change their programming and question morality.

The machines were philosophical zombies that merely simulated consciousness, not conscious beings. While I don't approve of people hating robots and "hurting" them sadistically, the only evil here is that they are damaging their own mental health.

Strategically and morally the UN did nothing wrong. The window to defeat the machines was narrowly closing and the earlier the humans attacked the more likely they were to win.

yet again, they did dress up as humans (and under fake skin). but im not sure to hide themselves or to pretend to be like them (like Hollow Children in Binary Domain)

>Elon Musk and Stephen Hawking are desperate to make AI illegal
Are you part of the alternative news media? These alternative facts are bit too alternative for me.

>not conscious beings
Given that we're not entirely sure how to define consciousness, we might as well consider them conscious.

>would change their programming and question morality.
Might be for the best. Humans themselves keep questioning morality.

not exactly. considering even the bluepilled news (CNN, NBC) is even reporting on it

Reporting what? Make AI illegal?

reporting on Elon Musk's and Stephen Hawking's word (as well a few others) on making Ai illegal, not reporting on why it would be illegal

not even InfoWars is clear on their AI argument

nevermind. they are definitnly Anti-AI

youtube.com/watch?v=VJd2Vwllsys

Source on where it says "Musk/Hawking want to make AI illegal"

Been waiting for that since forever.

Where are they "anti-AI"? Aside from alternative facts sites.

Comon, you guys are on /g/, the tech board on Veeky Forums.

i usually reside on Veeky Forums /pol/ and /k/ and even /b/ or /bant/ from time to time.

i havent went on /g/ in a long ass while

there's even a dedicated wikipedia page explaining it why it should be illegal

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Letter_on_Artificial_Intelligence

>Alex Jones
Is this guy serious or is he just a manipulator? Or a satirical comedian? I honestly can't tell.

>open letter on artificial intelligence calling for research on the societal impacts of AI
>calling for research on societal impacts of AI

I don't see the word "Illegal" once

basically finding a middle ground between banning and allowing free reign

maybe literally dumbing down AI to the point it will only learn from its creator and not itself

You seem upset. Perhaps you too fear the Maori Warrior.

Probably just residual programming from their human creators. The machines needed a motive to obtain resources and expand and a computer only does what it is instructed, so they preserved some of the human-like motivations given to them by their creators in their original form, manifesting in robots cosplaying as humans.

Questioning morality can swing both ways. The robot that murdered its master may have been justified in questioning the morality of allowing its master to murder it however it could equally decide to behave like Agent Smith.

>we're not entirely sure how to define consciousness
Being human we can be sure biological brains are conscious, we can't be sure machines are, you could risk eradicating all conscious beings by letting machines take over.

What? Thats not what the letter suggests or hints at all.

The letter is only asking for more research on AI, its relation to ethics and a studies on failsafe options in case of emergencies.

I don't think you even know what you're talking about. An AI that cannot learn by itself is not an AI. The very definition of AI includes the ability to self-learn/improve.

>thus the machine city declaring war on all of Humanity (you can guess what was the outcome of that)

There is you fool...

youtube.com/watch?v=9QageVk0vAQ

Both. A part of it is his artistic persona but he also takes some things seriously.
He's deep into conspiracy theorism but also tends to act it out in a more dramatic fashion.