Why is western society so androgynous compared to others?

Why is western society so androgynous compared to others?

Women wear pants
Men wear long hair
Women wear men's clothes
Fashion companies are pushing makeup on men
Neither gender has specific roles, like housewife or breadwinner, associated with it

What are the historical causes of this and why? Why does western society hate gender roles?

>Men wear long hair
This isn't really an exclusively western trait. As for the rest, it's because of women. They ruin civilizations.

>out
That's a LGBT magazine isn't it

Because you think women wearing pants or men wearing makeup is an exclusively western trait?

How do you take "the west hates gender roles" from women wearing pants or any of that? It's just fashion and shit, women look good in pants a lot of the time. It's not even women wearing man pants and man suits, they have their own specific sorts tailored for women.

Adding the word "historical" to /pol9k/ shitposting doesn't make it Veeky Forums related. Can you please cry about gender roles or cultural genocide somewhere else.

Yes actually. Women wearing pants wasn't really a major thing before Coco Chanel.

>long hair
>not masculine as fuck

Baldlets pls go

a gene which makes white people less stressed and more tolerant of faggotry

>women look good in men's pants

I want plebs to leave

It has more to do with "each gender doing things that were traditionally associated with the other"

that's not what I said gayboy, grannypants look like shit on women, women in suits with skirt and nylon leggings are where it's at

>literally just "feminize this male costume"

I bet you're into pegging, too.

Faggot

You said pants you fucking faggot.

>male costume
um don't think so sweetie :d

pants cover far more than suit pants you double nigger fuck off, jeans are fucking pants as well

Skirts sure as fuck are not pants you monumental homo.

Find me evidence of women en Masse wearing suits prior to the 20th Century in western society.

I'll wait

Cultures are different. Romans wore dresses and skirts compared to pants wearing horsemen, and their culture was masculine as fuck.

Understand that it doesn't matter, that clothes are only an indicator of cultural values, not that it's "good" or "bad" to wear one thing or another.

that was me going off on a tangent of what I personally find attractive, you down syndrome monkey, pants do look good on women in many ways, and only the most stringent orthodox arse bandit boy fucking homosexual wouldn't be sexually attracted to a firm arse in a pair of jeans

>pants do look good on women
No they don't you low testosterone numale beta faggot.

fashion trends change mkay honey pie xo

not like suits are for hunting now or anything, and clothes aren't even "gender roles" like the retarded OP suggests, fashion is outside that realm

>fashion is outside gender

Which is why men wear dresses right

What a fucking retard, just go back to /LGBT/ already.

>Why is western society so androgynous compared to others?

Cause we can afford to be. Leisure classes all turn faggy in every culture. When you poor you can't afford to play with gender.

because entities that manufacture products marketed to a particular demographic entity have a pecuniary interest in widening the appeal of their products beyond their traditional consumer base.

for example, it's worthwhile for cosmetic firms to hire celebs and psychologists to help persuade guys they need moisturizer because if this persuasion works they've created a whole new market for their greasy goop. cultural ideas of masculinity stand in the way of this profitable potential income stream so now we have footballers in adverts telling us moisturizer is manly or w/e.