"I am a Jew. I want to live in the Jewish state. That is my right...

>"I am a Jew. I want to live in the Jewish state. That is my right, just as it is the rights of a Ukrainian to live in the Ukraine, the right of a Russian to live in Russia, the right of a Georgian to live in Georgia. I want to live in Israel. That is my dream, that is the goal not only of my life but also of the lives of hundreds of generation that preceded me, of my ancestors who were expelled from their land. I want to my children to study in the Hebrew language. I want to read Jewish papers, I want to attend a Jewish theatre. What is wrong with that? What is my crime...?" - Boris Kochubievsky
>Within the week Kochubievsky was called in to the KGB bureau and without questioning, was taken to a mental institution in his hometown of Kiev. While this may seem as an isolated incident, the aftermath of the Six-Day War affected almost every Jew within the Soviet Union. Jews who had been subject to assimilation under previous regimes were now confronted with a new sense in vigour and revival in their Jewish faith and heritage. On February 23, 1979, a six-page article was distributed throughout the cities of Moscow and Leningrad, which criticized Brezhnev and seven other individuals for being "Zionist". The article contained traces of deep-rooted antisemitism in which the anonymous author, a member of the Russian Liberation Organization, set out ways to identify Zionists; these included "hairy chest and arms," "shifty eyes," and a "hook-like nose."

Why were the Soviets so Anti-Semitic?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahat
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_Arab–Israeli_War#First_truce:_11_June_.E2.80.93_8_July_1948
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The working class has not nation.

wow i guess they're both evil hmm

>I am a Jew
I would've stopped reading there and gulag him on the spot.

I don't see why people dislike zionism for any reason other than pitying Palestine

this.

nationalism is a mental disease

>set out ways to identify Zionists; these included "hairy chest and arms," "shifty eyes," and a "hook-like nose."

Fuck... Am I Jewish?

based Stalin

is dislike for apartheid states not reason enough?

It's actually not! Because it's still "poor palestinians!!"

>apartheid states
Nice meme. Israel treats it's non-Jewish citizens better than any Arab country treats their non-Arab citizens.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahat
>In 2014 the rate of unemployment was 34%, and in 2017 it is 14% mostly thanks to the new industrial park Idan Hanegev.
Oy vey, they are bringing us jobs! It's anudda Nakba!

>Arab country
>non-Arab citizens

Pick one.

(((You)))

they were envious the the riches and clout of the jewish people

Israel is a really good example of mass immigration. The local arabs have lost their land

>literally using desperate and destitute Palestinians in sweatshops and factories
>See goyim! We're benevolent masters!

Israel being a violent colonial state that opresses the natives seems like a good enough excuse to dislike zionism to me desu

((()))
>whataboutism

>desperate and destitute Palestinians in sweatshops and factories
You can't be this pathetic. Nice jobs building an industrial park is not using anyone. It's the exact opposite.

>Arabs
>the natives

They aren't though. Jews are the original inhabitants, Arabs are recent invaders. Sure, it's wrong. If Assyrians massacred Kurds they wouldn't be massacring the "Natives."

it doesn't really matters whose ancestors were shitting in that land 10000 years ago

>it doesn't really matters whose ancestors were shitting in that land 10000 years ago

It does if they claim to be indigenous.

Why do Jews always ethnically cleanse natives when trying to form a Zionist state?
It's not like there aren't places in the world without native populations that the UN would happily let Zionists colonize.
Why do Jews always go for the genocidal route?
LARPing as ancient Israelites doesn't defend the "state" of Israel. They're a bunch of European Jews.

>LARPing as ancient Israelites doesn't defend the "state" of Israel. They're a bunch of European Jews.
Most Israelis are Mizrahi, not European. Ashkenazi Jews are more indigenous to Judea than Arabs.

Oh gee, I really don't know why Zionists would want Zion, instead of, say, some other random place completely unrelated to the entire core of their religion.

The jewish settlement of Palestine began before the Palestinian state existed.

Why didn't the Europeans (who actually genocided Jews) just give Jews a state carved out of Australia or Germany? It makes more sense. Why instead carve up Arab lands and annihilate the indigenous populations with no remorse? Most Israelis aren't even remotely semitic either, they do not belong in the Middle East.

Australia is practically unlivable, at least the empty parts. Germany has an extremely large amount of people, everywhere. You can't seriously believe that carving up australia or germany and genociding the inhabitants are worse than carving up the arab land that their entire worldview revolves around?

Because the jews only wanted to live in Israel, there were actually several attempts to give them a homeland in Africa but the Jews themselves never supported it.

>You can't seriously believe that carving up australia or germany and genociding the inhabitants are worse than carving up the arab land that their entire worldview revolves around?

On a moral level, punishing the Arabs for what Europeans did was simply wrong. The Arabs had nothing to do with the Holocaust, and unlike Christians, had treated Jews great for over a thousand years. If anything, Jews should be thankful for the protection and support Muslims have given them over the years. Instead, they repaid the Palestinians (who completely welcomed Jewish refugees) by stealing/colonizing their land and committing a genocide on the indigenous population which still goes on today.

Because there are very few working class jews

>who completely welcomed Jewish refugees
Where did you get this sillyness from? British Palestine was a ticking timebomb, the jewish migrants were far from welcome and the Arabs even revolted over it in 1936.

i want to do them :)

>for what the Europeans did
Saved the Jews from complete destruction by the Nazi regime? Oh, yeah, we'll forget the part how most of Europe fought the Nazis regime in one way or another and literally liberated the Jews from certain death.

You don't get credit for stopping shit you started. Just like the Israelis don't deserve credit when/if they dismantle the settlements and evict the terrorist colonizers currently occupying Palestinian land. The bottom line is an indigenous peoples is being eradicated, and the fault is Britain, the US, and Israel. Without their support, Israel couldn't sustain itself and it would have been destroyed like it should have in 67. It's ARAB LAND. Europeans with zero connection to the Middle East whatsoever don't get to steal Arab land because they claim some ancestors were there thousands of years ago. Would you be fine with it happening to you?

>Europeans are monolithic group of people that should be held accountable for the deeds of any other European
>Europeans started this even though Europeans prevented it!
In that case the Jews deserved it for murdering Jesus Christ and Arabs deserve it for raiding, pillaging and enslaving Europeans.

Let me guess, you're a muslim that migrated to Europe? Can you kindly fuck off back to your sandy shithole before you tell the Jews to do the same? Thanks.

>ARAB LAND
No, it was Ottoman, then British and now Israeli. Arabs can fuck off.

This is the real 1947 partition plan, your pic is skewed

No bcuz when it's israel it doesnt count... Remember the shoah...

See...J000z are good, very gud...

It's like communism, beautiful idea, horrible execution

I think they took into account population, once you remove the portions of literal desert you get something closer to the French pic.

Actually wait no, I'm colorblind.

Israel actually got more desert which you can see on the map

You do realize the partition plan clearly gives the Arabs most the arable land while giving Jews the Negev, right? I mean seriously, if you take that into account the Arabs really got a good deal considering millions of Jews were gonna flood in there soon.

>your pic is skewed

No it isn't.

I wouldn't be against Israel so much if they didn't actively try to influence my own country to bend to their interests. This is what I don't get about Israel. If they just did their own thing without bothering others like some African dictatorship or Caucasus kleptocracy, nobody would give a shit. But nooo, they have to try to get the entire world on their side in a fight that involves literally a handful of millions.

I don't mind Jewish lobbying, I mean they are /ourally/. It's the Saudi lobby that gets me heated.

Look at the map i posted, Palestine got slightly more land than Israel, on your pic France has like 25-30% and therefore it is skewed.

This is cringe

>the absolute state of /pol/

>No it isn't.
>*posts another skewed map*

Please leave

the arabs had a chance to have their own state, they refused and went to war instead

they lost, losing wars has consequences

>Why instead carve up Arab lands

British lands, which were previously Turkish lands

>annihilate the indigenous populations with no remorse?

The population wasn't annihilated, it's done nothing but grow. They're not indigenous (although it wouldn't matter if they were, Arabs started the war in the 40s, talk shit get hit)

>Most Israelis aren't even remotely semitic either

Genetic studies say otherwise

>they do not belong in the Middle East.

Genetics have nothing to do with where a person may live

To be fair though we are talking about 700.000 jews and 1 million arabs living in the orange area, and 2 million arabs living in the pink area. There was not much reason for the arab to accept such a plan when they are outnumbering the jews 4:1.

Because if Israel is Jewish, it can't be Christian

If Jews really want to go back to their roots, they should go back to Egypt and serve their as slaves.

>get a chance at a homeland
>chimp out and go to war because there's more of you than of them
>still lose despite this advantage
>years later someone on Veeky Forums says this was "stealing/colonizing their land and committing a genocide on the indigenous population which still goes on today."
Palestinians are being genocided so hard that their population is exploding at a truly unsustainable rate, starved out so viciously that they have one of the highest levels of obesity in the world.

I've studied the Israeli/Palestinian conflict from every perspective imaginable, and I feel the only sensible conclusion is that both sides are shit and not worthy of our support. Anyone who says "Israel is just defending its right to national sovereignty, which is a right of all nations", and anyone who says "Oh those poor Palestinians" is grossly oversimplifying.

Well first of all, Arabs lost because the West intervened when it looked like Israel is losing and forced and armistice on the arabs until they resupplied Israel with enough advanced weaponry to win the war.

Second of all, what happened to Palestinians is LITERALLY what Europeans are fearing is going to happen to them, foreigners mass immigrating illegaly until they have reached numbers big enough to proclaim their own states.

Third of all, exploding birth rates is not a sign of prosperity. Look at africa, and you will see.

>Well first of all, Arabs lost because the West intervened when it looked like Israel is losing and forced and armistice on the arabs until they resupplied Israel with enough advanced weaponry to win the war
not in 1948, that was the Yom Kippur war

The truce was designed to last 28 days and an arms embargo was declared with the intention that neither side would make any gains from the truce. Neither side respected the truce; both found ways around the restrictions placed on them.[171] Both the Israelis and the Arabs used this time to improve their positions, a direct violation of the terms of the ceasefire.[172]

Reinforcements
Israeli Forces 1948[173]
Initial strength 29,677
4 June 40,825
17 July 63,586
7 October 88,033
28 October 92,275
2 December 106,900
23 December 107,652
30 December 108,300
At the time of the truce, the British view was that "the Jews are too weak in armament to achieve spectacular success".[171] As the truce commenced, a British officer stationed in Haifa stated that the four-week-long truce "would certainly be exploited by the Jews to continue military training and reorganization while the Arabs would waste [them] feuding over the future divisions of the spoils".[172] During the truce, the Israelis sought to bolster their forces by massive import of arms.[171] The IDF was able to acquire weapons from Czechoslovakia as well as improve training of forces and reorganization of the army during this time. Yitzhak Rabin, an IDF commander at the time of the war and later Israel's fifth Prime Minister, stated "[w]ithout the arms from Czechoslovakia... it is very doubtful whether we would have been able to conduct the war".[174]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_Arab–Israeli_War#First_truce:_11_June_.E2.80.93_8_July_1948
The Israeli army increased its manpower from approximately 30,000–35,000 men to almost 65,000 during the truce due to mobilization and the constant immigration into Israel. It was also able to increase its arms supply to more than 25,000 rifles, 5,000 machine guns, and fifty million bullets.[172] As well as violating the arms and personnel embargo, they also sent fresh units to the front lines, much as their Arab enemies did.[172]

>Both the Israelis and the Arabs used this time to improve their positions, a direct violation of the terms of the ceasefire
user...

>not reading the whole post

user, i....

>By 1934, 28% of Eastern Orthodox churches, 42% of Muslim mosques and 52% of Jewish synagogues were shut down in the USSR.

Why did they hate Judaism so much more than other religions?

>outnumbering the jews 4:1

They didn't though. Jews made up the majority in the area set forth for the Jewish state. Not to mention the fact that Middle Eastern Jews were about to be ethnically cleansed and needed a place to live. Any Arab who says the 47 partition lines were unfair is a greedy bastard. The Jews were given the Negev desert, for the simple purpose of having some shitty land for incoming Jews to settle in. Arabs got all the arable, populated areas.

You clearly don't know much about the War. The Arabs outnumbered Jews in arms, however, an Arab convoy coming from Beirut to Haifa carrying a shit ton of arms was captured by Haganah troops which is a huge reason the Arabs got BTFO'd during the 47/48 civil war