Why does Slavoj Zizek say "communism will win" when communism lost in 1989 and all former communist countries...

Why does Slavoj Zizek say "communism will win" when communism lost in 1989 and all former communist countries transitioned into capitalism with varying degrees of success?

It can't lose forever.

He is just memeing, did you actually think that he was unironically a communist? He was very active in anti-Titoist circles, took part in anti-communist protests in Yugoslavia and ran on a moderate liberal democratic platform during the first Slovenian presidential election. He is just a normal centre-left social democrat.

Being anti-communist in the Eastern block doesn't mean you are anti-communist ideologically.

>anti-Titoist
>not a communist

Well, jew schee *schniff*, de capitalissht schystemm vich kurrently dominates our ihedology ish fundamentally unschustainabull *wipes nose on sleeve*, where asch gommunishm ish de logicall koncluschun of the exischtenshh off our ihdeeologikal glassshhesshsh *schniff*. Wance somvon takesh off de glassshsheshsh, he vill fors de oters to do the schame. He vill forshe dem into freedom, and shuch *schniff* vill deshtroy the trashcan of ihdeeology from whithin *schniff*.

fuck hoaxa,Tito is based

based Goering

Yes, because he is an uber-hegelian who thinks communist states moved quicker than they were historically supposed to, and thus failed. The only reason he is a centre-left at the moment is because he thinks you first have to go through these stages before turning full-communist. He does indeed believe that communism will win in the end.

But that faggot didnt kill based strong stalin

>eating up Titoist bullshit propaganda like that.

Yugoslavia was only kept alive because Tito kept sucking american dick to protect them from the Soviet Union and keep the yugoslav economy going. The moment the US stopped supporting Yugoslavia it actually surfaced to be the same shithole that is populated by white nigger-tribes. He build nothing that lasted.

I completely agree.
t. Serb

Croat, completely agree. Commie Yugoslavia was financially dependent on foreign money.

communism was technically impossible before and never practiced correctly because it had a hierarchy with a human on top. the internet, which is a more or less integer system, also being way harder to corrupt than paperwork, can work without governance if designed correctly, the key idea of communism.

communism basically proposes a system which tries to hold a certain value equilibrium between all of its members. before it was nearly impossible to determine a persons "value", also the idea trying to evaluate the total "worth" of a person in a community was said to be unethical. a few decades later it's common practice to check an individuals value immediatly all the variables available (education lvl, wealth, criminal record, etc.). employers do it, coorporations do it, securites do it and the government as well. only the individual citizen is somehow denied access to this data. (other topic though)

tl:dr; communism was never practiced correctly because it was technically impossible, automation and AI can enable the correct practice imho.

Took long enough for someone that gets it to appear.

>automation and AI can enable the correct practice imho.

This.

>Yes, because he is an uber-hegelian who thinks communist states moved quicker than they were historically supposed to, and thus failed. The only reason he is a centre-left at the moment is because he thinks you first have to go through these stages before turning full-communist. He does indeed believe that communism will win in the end.

Zizek has repeatedly mocked this view.

thanks but I hardly think I "got it". because the follow-up question to my theory would inherently be "do I want to be governed by a machine?" and orthough with my best intentions and optimism it could be a 'yes' for me, the truth is that I don't have an answer.

I wont have the time to read into it, care to elaborate it's message?

It's a rhetoric method in to communicate his own unpopular opinions by disguising them with mockery to avoid social stigma.

just like the saying "there is no bad publicity", it's better to spread an opinion by mocking it than to not communicate it at all.

Spectacular.

ok funny and all but how does "no gf" not express "crippling solitude"? Isn't the urge to reproduce deeply encoded in all our being? How would Veeky Forums look if none of it's members were virgins? would it even exist?

questions…

What prevents comrade AI from deciding that the happiest form of existence for a human is death so it orders its AI lackeys to gulag/liquidate humans?

Because the commies are coming back.

define "communism".
pro tip: you cant.
/thread

I have not heard of anything communist happening in Donetsk

>can work without governance if designed correctly
>designed correctly

I'm not smart enough to tell you how AI should be created but it's damn sure that when it will be so, that without our laws it will take the most logical ones, natures laws of survival.

I'm not pessimistic but I can imagine very well that one day our own brilliance turns against us and make us "transcend", "making" our bodies take technological form and "losing" our consciousness to a giant neural network. logic thinking leads to this outcome over any period of time.

it would then be a matter of definition considering us 'humanity' in this form or not.

That's how I imagine the far future if things keep going how they go.