So whats the point of having another coin then bitcoin?

So whats the point of having another coin then bitcoin?

Nobody uses other coins so why buy coins nobody uses?

don't you get it, the whole stock market is diverting to cryptos, because it's easier to get in, use your brain newbie

But when you buy stock you are being something that exists and has a value.

A digital coin is something some guy made up and said I'm now selling this as currency.

he knows too much, put him down

Yeah this is all it is pretty much. There are only a handful of coins that actually do something or represent an actual product/project with potential value. The rest of them are all shitcoins with no future.

This is kind of the development phase for a new form of currency. We're essentially betting on which ones we think have a future.

A quick google search told me that there are 180 currencies currently accepted by the UN. I don't know if that means anything for the future of legit cryptos, but it gives you a good idea to what we might be looking at. For instance, USD and the Euro are the big boys, which you could compare to BTC and ETH, but there are many other valuable currencies, such as Yuan, Yen, and the GBP.

If you ask me, all coins besides BTC are shit. However, trading between BTC and shitcoins is not taxable at least in my country.

whats the point of having another currency other than american dollars?

Buy ethereum

this is how I know you are dumb, btc was the first, not the best. it's not going to stay the top coin in the future.

Dream on. Nobody besides /biz autists fall for shitcoin scams..

who gives a fuck? if someone payed you to spit in their hand, would you not do it because youre not creating any actual value?

There is much more fraud in stock markets.

Practically no one actually holds 'their' certs, rathet the broker's street name is tracked by one company cede & co.

There are many ways to create and move fake stock as to hide the flow from price discovery.

Stocks not paying dividends are less attached to anything of value than crypto. Unless you are one of (((them))) who consider debt an asset.

If you buy a share on the stock market you are buying on average at 25 times it's NAV. This means you are essentially buying speculation on future price, the catch is that if it ever hits 25 times it's value it will still be valued at 25 times as much on the stock market. So that means 24 out of 25 dollars is based on nothing. Stock market is not much different to cryptos to be honest.

What's the point of having any other coin that Monero? The whole point of Bitcoin was that it was supposed to be anonymous and untraceable.

*than

The point of BTC is that it's decentralized. It's more trackable than fiat and that's a good thing. Relatively high transaction fees are also good because prevent HFT cancer.

Red squad on it. ETA 52 minutes.

Most coins are trash indeed. People put huge value on them even if they don't have real life purpose. There are a few coins that are worth holding, like Syscoin, which will be the new decentralized marketplace where people can buy with btc, zcash and sys. Such coins are the ones to buy. Unfortunately biz tends to love coins like bitbean or omg, useless coins which are hyped, pumped then dumped. Entering those coins is nothing more than gambling with your BTC.

literally wut

literally anything could be made more trackable than fiat

>high transaction fees

ok, how is this special to bitcoin?

need something to speculate on

Pretty much, if you are investing in anything that isn't ltc,btc eth then you are retarded.

This comment is making my brain melt

Bitcoin is similar to the USD in that its the reserve currency of the crypto market. All these other coins are like stocks, commodities and other currencies. Priced in bitcoin.

Your thought of only buying bitcoin would be like saying you should only hold USD instead of buying commodities, apple, Microsoft, gold, etc. The idea is to increase your USD value. Or in the case of crypto increase btc value.