Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgarian_Empire
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greco-Bactrian_Kingdom
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why is southern Japan green?

Radiation, mostly.

Because you touch yourself at night

Fallout radius?

It's probably where the Empire stems from. That's where Tokyo is, right? The red bits would be its acquisitions

underrated post

overrated af
absolute shite

only underrated for uncivilized barbarians and degenerate savages

friendly reminder that attacking pearl harbor was self defense.

im not seeing how bombing pearl harbor resulted in them getting more oil than they otherwise would have

Japs never made it to Fiji.

Not really underrated, more like compltely forgotten.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulgarian_Empire

Correct, although I think counting the Boshin war is pretty silly.

The Japanese left literally no legacy in any of those so places please tell me how it's underrated

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greco-Bactrian_Kingdom

Not many people know about this one, I really like the successor kingdoms like the Seleucid Empire

Their legacy is widespread hate against japan

Not really. It caused a huge decline for everybody that was under it while it was still around.

>underrated empires in India
>not the Indo-Greeks

Not entirely true, the Burmese hard-on for military government stems directly from the experience under Japan.

>they were so mad they resorted to gas attacks on citys agaist a enemy they heavily out gunned and out numbered

This one
>tfw you will never be a member of an Empire capable of crashing a stock market with tulips

Besides the Chinese and Koreans, does the rest of Asia have as much hate? I've met plenty of Thais, Vietnamese, and Indonesians who say that the older generation has hate, but anyone under 50 doesn't care.

I'm pretty sure ROC is somewhat neutral about them.

They messed with the best and got raped by the west

If i had to pick one it would be the dutch
8 0 Y E A R S W A R

These are both correct:
Not to mention that the present day Korean situation could not have come about without Japan. Much of North Korea's government ideology is based on Imperial Japan (ethnofascistic tendencies) and it would not have become a USSR satellite had it not been under Japanese rule.

As for the rest of Southeast Asia, Japanese rule fuelled rebel groups which then contributed to the efforts to decolonize the region.

>As for the rest of Southeast Asia, Japanese rule fuelled rebel groups which then contributed to the efforts to decolonize the region.
I guess that's the only positive contribution that they left, but couldn't they just not have colonized their fellow Asians and wait until the West was weakened enough to give them aid and support for liberation? In return, the grateful colonized Asians would give them preferential contracts and agreements for trade, mining, etc.?

kek

Japan wanted to desperately join the whitey club and convinced themselves they were the whites of Asia. This is why they became full-out imperialist.

Japan wanted to be a naval power like Great Britain, and doing that requires colonies. They were imitating the Anglo.

While I don't excuse what Japan did between 1895 to 1945, it's kinda funny how Britain, France, Spain, Portugal, Russia, and the Netherlands don't get enough shit for what they did in their Asian imperialism.

East Asians legitimately are the white people of Asia. Their light skin is independently derived and not homologous with light skin in Europeans

In retrospect, the greatest achievement of Imperial Japan was to prevent Russia from acquiring warm-water ports, and thus ending any possible future for Russia's naval ambitions. If Russia had won the Russo-Japanese war, the modern Russian navy would be a much stronger position, at least as far as the Pacific is concerned.

there are two decent countries in asia today

japan and korea this is due to the fact that they were both taken over and entirely recreated by the USA every other asian country is a shit heap

without european colonization asia would be a complete shit heap