Did the Irish look different prior to the 20th century...

Did the Irish look different prior to the 20th century? Or are their ape-like depictions from the 19th century nothing but caricatures?

fetal alcohol syndrome

They look like that now

It was just British propaganda looking to alienate the Catholic Irishmen by presenting them as uncivilised folk in dire need of being ruled by the righteous Anglos.

They do look like that. Your average American "Cultural" Irish is probably as Irish as I am Parsi

Of course they're cariacatures, you dunce.

Prior to the 19th century the English, Spanish, and Germans all mention the Irish as being exceptionally good-looking people. That's obviously bullshit too but it just goes to show that depictions of certain groups of foreigners change with the attitude towards them.

Here's a contemporary depiction of an Irish nobleman, you can decide for yourself whether he looks ape-like or not.

Kinda 2bh

Propaganda to justify the brutal colonization of Ireland, just like the UK did with all their colonies.

They were under British rule, and you know.

I have noticed that both British and Irish people can have very thin lips, a large moustache area and a weak chin.

Irish people might be the missing link

>Prior to the 19th century the English, Spanish, and Germans all mention the Irish as being exceptionally good-looking people.
bullshit

>bullshit
What makes you say that? Even Gerald of Wales, who hated the Irish more than anything, says that they were "beautiful".

Ramon Perellos y Roccaful had this to say of the Irish
>"They are among the most beautiful men or women I have ever seen, anywhere in the world."
even when he was criticisng them for being backward

Nigel Farage is of French and German ancestry, not British

>What makes you say that?
they're incredible ugly. these few historical figures probably just ran into the decent looking ones and assumed they're all like that

>they're incredible ugly
whatever you say my guy

on average i mean compared to sweden or norway

>on average
How would you even measure such a thing?

look at videos of people on the streets of ireland vs other countries

Doesn't seem v scientific 2bh

Everyone is ugly on average compared to Sweden or Norway.

t. Swede that has been around Europe

thoughts on the irish in terms of looks?

>a potentially interesting thread about historical depictions of other peoples has become some autist raving about how he thinks the Irish are ugly
sad 2bh

>buying into anglo propaganda
The irish aren't uglier than anglos for sure

It's anglo memes as they thought the irish were nogs. Which we ain't but hurr durr anglo

They're certainly different and certainly very 'irish', but not ugly. Anglos are a lot uglier

The English lower-class didn't look much different. Anglos don't like to acknowledge this however.