Is it a sin to be depressed? Is it not a sign of ungratefulness?

Is it a sin to be depressed? Is it not a sign of ungratefulness?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lsLDTyxkP7A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The flagellants of yore yonder days obssessed with, of all things, wounding themselves viciously with bladed whips and sharper iseas

of course The church could not stand could stand for the embracing of the pleasures of the wounding of the flesh so the the flagellants had to go

But one still whips in darkness and prays for the the souls of the scarless aiyou amen

Why he got skull and crossbones on his robe?

He some sort of pirate wizard?

Oh no!

That's the skull which is the namesake of Golgotha, the hill upon which Christ was crucified. Traditionally, it is the skull of Adam.

It's Adam's spooky skull

I'm pretty sure it is actually. Sin is a complicated thing, more so than people realize.

But why does he have TWO Golgothas? How did his mom allow that?

Wasn't sadness considered the 8th great sin for quite a long time?

No. And yes. The thing is: depression, as modern medicine recognizes it, is a physiological problem. It may be intertwined with moral problems, but its root cause is in the condition of being a sinner that all mankind inherited after the Fall. Because of the loss of original righteousness, all pain, death, and corruptibility has passed on to mankind. That includes depression. From one perspective, all unhappiness is a form of ingratitude, but it is also necessary to understand that this world and the condition of the fallen world and man is NOT what we are ultimately supposed to be, and therefore grief is not necessarily ingratitude. We grieve because of our separation from the Godhead, and this is NOT unrighteousness. We also grieve because of selfishness, ingratitude, and hatred of God, and this IS unrighteousness. The solution is to become more and more confromed to the image of God, and to become closer to Christ in our union with Him. This is done primarily through attendance to the means of grace: the Word, the Sacraments/Mysteries, and Prayer.

No but being a fag is a big sin, and you're faggot cause your OP haha.

I just read an article. It is more aptly called 'apathy', but really it could be considered 'pessimism' or even 'nihilism'.
Essentially, 'I don't care, I want to live a life free from difficulty and suffering, and do not care what happens [to others] if I am allowed that.'

There's also the one on his hood, and the one probably behind the scroll

Good post. I agree on the underlying cause of depression being a separation from our natural state that was inflicted long before birth. Although it is ungratefulness, it would be disengenous to say to not make it clear that most humans were not how to be grateful and furthermore what even to be grateful for.

However I differ on viewpoints on what that natural state is and the possible remedies, but you are articulate nonetheless and I respect that.

Yeah but those are separated. It can be the same one represented in different places. But two, one next to the other, means there's two. It's a double golgotha.

Orthodox boys probably have more generous mom

PYOTR
WHY YOUR MAMA ALLOW YOU HAVE TWO KIELBASA?

>I see u

no you

God made us to have feels
Depression is a feel, therefore it has SOME benefit am I right?

Is there any proof of Adam and Eve pressence on earth? I mean Christianity and the whole Jewish theology would suddenly 100% explain human nature if there was just some proof for the rational mind to be possible to stay rational within this sytem.. because otherwise I have to say .. wo wo wo wo dude stop - talking snake?

It's righteous to be joyous, but not sinful to be depressed.

In reality, it is the skull of Goliath.

Goliath of Gath.
Gol of Gath
Golgath
Golgatha

It's where King David put the chopped off head of the giant he famously killed.

The entire human race, yes. Mitochondrial Eve, yes. We all have one mother.

Pretty much. They're also allied with the Chaos Bene Gesserit.

It's a neurological condition. How is sickness a sin?

The Adam and Eve story is pretty clearly a memory of Hunter Gatherer transition into agriculture.
Adam and Eve's Eden is a place where you never work, and you only eat what you find. Their sin is knowledge, wanting to know things, and their punishment is having to toil for their food.
Most of the earliest, chronologically speaking, stuff in the bible is very vague recollections of the ancient past, while Genesis itself if younger than some parts.

Fun fact, one of the oldest parts of the bible is something called the Song of Deborah, which is generally recognized to be from the 13th century BC

>Is it a sin to be depressed? Is it not a sign of ungratefulness?

"Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life." - John 12:25

youtube.com/watch?v=lsLDTyxkP7A

Being gay is also a mental illness, but that doesn't make it any less sinful.

Being gay isn't the problem, acting gay is. You aren't being fruitful if you just keep fugging boys.

>proof
FUCK OFF BACK TO R*DDIT