why are they so stupid?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Eq5q_af9qWU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>hero to the French people
>wasn't French nor spoke French
why are they so stupid?

More religious than nationalism

Charlemange probably knew some sort of Old French, or one of the Langues d'oïl. Richard I spoke occitan

French comes from franks and they speak a "romance" because they are LARPers and wanted to be roman so they adopted a "latin" language

Franks were Belgae not French.

>hero to english people
>implying pic related isn't our hero

are we doing this again

>hero to the Turkish people
>wasn't an insectoid
why are they so stupid?

No amount of shitposting from that obsessed neckbeard freak will change the facts.

Charlemagne would have known Latin but spoken Old High German as his mother tongue.

Wasn't Old High German spoken in Upper Germany, not in the Low countries?

French did not yet exist, so the Latin he spoke was probably more proper, since he spoke it as a second language and assumedly did not have an incredibly rural teacher.

Charlemagne spoke Old Low Frankonian, or as it's otherwise known, Old Dutch

>hero to the English people
Yeah, Alfred is great, isn't he?

Why dont you guys use interner or read a book?
Franks were a germanic tribe and they spoke a germanic language

Why dont white (germanic) people read about their history?
Its like you are ashamed of what your ancestor did civilized people

Yes, and that Germanic Language was old Dutch. As a Dutch speaking Roman Catholic, he most resembles a Fleminc

No shit sherlock.

That's what I just said you fucking mong.

People in Aachen spoke Old High German.

Weren't the Franks just a small elite of Germanic tribesmen who ruled realms populated by other people (that had other Germanics, Gauls, etc), like the Normans in England after the conquest?

Charlemagne wasn't native to Aachen. Kind of a dumb point to make when this thread is about rulers who didn't speak the languages of their subjects

You're just displaying nativist prejudice, you don't need to speak English to be good at crusading and England has always been very tolerant of diversity.

Mosley was half Irish though

Apparently letting paki's run around raping your daughters.

Name one english folk hero that was english, i'll wait

Alfred the Great

Venerable Bede

Richard I was a shite monarch.

Æthelstan was an actual English hero, as the "King of the whole of Britain"

>hero for his efforts in the crusades
>worshipped Jesus
>jesus didn't speak english or french

why was richard such a faggot? lololol *tilts trilby*

English idolize a French man who didn't speak their language (Richard I)
French idolize a German man who didn't speak their language (Charlemagne)

What about the Germans? The Spaniards, the Portuguese, the Poles, the Belgians?

Charlemagne is idolized in all of Western Europe, because he's solely responsible for setting up the nations that exist today.

French did not exist in Chuck's day; it was still vulgar Latin, so he did in fact speak the language of Frankish Roman-Gaul.

>spoke Corsican (an Italian dialect) as his primary language

Personally, I like Edward 'A man does good business when he rids himself of a turd' Longshanks

Apparently he was mocked relentlessly for his accent.

To be honest he's not even the most well regarded English medieval king. Alfred the Great definitely tops him. Many would also name Edward III and Henry V before him as well.

Don't forget based Edward Longshanks

I've always wondered how silly he sounded when he said "Would you really shoot your Emperor?"
Like he had a goofy ass accent

>because he's solely responsible for setting up the nations that exist today.
le what

Hold the fuck up. Why do the French always act as if Belgium is a part of their rightful clay when it was basically a bunch of Belgian chieftans that founded France?

Belgae aren't the same as modern belgians, they are ancestors of dutch, flemish, walloons, northern french
The Low countries were called Belgica in latin/french, so Belgium adapted that name

The list goes on
Stalin
Hitler
Mannerheim
Bogdanoffs

>Why do the French always act as if Belgium is a part of their rightful clay when it was basically a bunch of Belgian chieftans that founded France?
There is nothing contradictory about this.
To them a bunch of french chieftains founded france, it just happened to be chieftains from a part of france called belgium.

>To them a bunch of french chieftains founded france, it just happened to be chieftains from a part of france called belgium.

The Franks were Germanic chieftains. The modern French people are mostly Celtic in origin.

>So the Latin he spoke was probably more proper,

> He doesn't know about the Latin Confession and Baptism Crisis

Irish and British monks literally trained Carolingians how to speak correct Latin. There was a crisis, since most of the continental priests baptized people using the wrong words and performed other ceremonies wrong. The crisis was the concept of everyone who received incorrect blessings, weren't actually true Christians since the rites weren't performed correctly, they believed that they might have condemned everyone to hell.

That sounds hilarious, got any sources on this?

He rechristianized the future Catalonia, from which the whole of Spain would emerge, and his Frankish Empire would be split up after the Death of Louis the Pious at the Treaty of Verdun into a recognizable Europe: the forbears of the Germanic East, the Dutch speaking midlands, and the Latin France.
Sources

How was China?

youtube.com/watch?v=Eq5q_af9qWU

based charlemagne and his northumbrian pal

>Be Anglo
>Oh, it's time to talk about France
>Well, you know, it was an Anglo who helped the illiterate barbarian Frank preserve Classical knowledge
Perfidy in entirety

>Be American
>Somebody points out the Anglo-Saxons weren't inbred retards and that they actually influenced affairs in continental Europe
>Well, y'know, island genetics and all that
Yankee-doodle-dandyism in entirety

Veeky Forums is not /pol/, and Global Rule #3 is in effect. Do not try to treat this board as /pol/ with dates. Blatant racism and trolling will not be tolerated, and a high level of discourse is expected. History can be examined from many different conflicting viewpoints; please treat other posters with respect and address the content of their post instead of attacking their character.

I know. Or actually i don't know much about this. I was just pointing that what he said wasn't contradictory.

>Called the Lionheart
>Has no physical resemblance to a lion
What a fucking liar.

Mr. Bean

Elthered the Unready

King Arthur

His heart was identical to that of a Lion's

what?

BUT HOW

King Arthur?

Physiologically

holy shit i read magazine about this guy.
he even said he wanted to sell london if he find buyer.
did actualy get some holy land back.
on his way back from holy land he got arested by other kool king i think austrian
Well heavy taxing by his dudes on UK and he is out... after 2 years.
Died from arrow i think it was infection or tetanus not sure.

i must say he was pretty good militarist.

Said he would sell London if he could find a buyer, but nobody on earth was rich enough to purchase it.

Lionheart is actually an insult.

Why do you think he's American

This.
This was his mother tongue, or at least one of them.

>More religious than nationalism
This is so stupid; never heard of the many wars between England and France for instance, back when they both were Catholic?

Or any of the other literal hundreds of thousands of wars and conflicts between nations of the same creed?

>his mother's tonge
Fixed that for you, hans

There is no way that his French father would allow to speak g*rman

>Franks were a germanic

YOU WUZ NOT

Open a history book, G*rman

The Monk of Saint Gall: The Life of Charlemagne, 883/4

>When Julian,20 whom God hated, was slain in the Persian war by a blow from heaven, not only did the transmarine provinces fall away from the Roman Empire, but also the neighbouring provinces of Pannonia, Noricum, Rhætia, or in other words the Germans AND THE FRANKS OR GAULS.

>Then too the kings OF THE FRANKS (OR GAULS) began to decay in power because they had slain Saint Didier, Bishop of Vienna, and had expelled those most holy visitors, Columban and Gall.

>Whereupon the race of the Huns,21 who had already OFTEN RAVAGED FRANCIA [106] AND AQUITANIA(THAT IS TO SAY THE GAULS AND THE SPAINS), now poured out with all their forces, devastated the whole land like a wide-sweeping conflagration, and then carried off all their spoils to a very safe hiding-place.

Aachen was a romance-speaking enclave

>was Italian

Dodgy Bede is my favourite author.

*Bumps into his cousin*

How is it supposed to be insulting? lions are awesome.

And italian is not a race