Why aren't you automating your trading? I've been using a crypto-trading bot for the past 6 months

Why aren't you automating your trading? I've been using a crypto-trading bot for the past 6 months.

>pic related, my stats

Other urls found in this thread:

thecryptobot.com/gunbot-shop/
bittrex.com/Api/v2.0/pub/market/GetTicks?marketName=BTC-OMG&tickInterval=thirtyMin
youtube.com/watch?v=JWVeGBag0q8&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

cause i don't know how to do that
help me user

kein bock aller

recommend some of the good programs for that?

never tried it and mainly just buy high sell low hodl

what bot are you using ?
what bankroll do you have ?
what exchange are you using ?
what strategy is the bot using ?

Decent gains. Good job user.

Gunbot mate and then the settings for me were just trial and error. There's endless customisability, give it a shot.

Strategy is stepgain. I actively trade with 1 BTC at a time but my bankroll is obviously much larger.

python, golang, c++

yeah I know how to code my own or something!!11

thanks user, looks promising

>stepgain

thanks how many pairs are you using ?
i see they dont support bitfinex too bad

are you using more exchanges or just one ?

I have never used a trading bot.

Any recommendations? How are the open source bots? Has anyone here tested them? (Gekko, Zenbot)

I'm grateful for all replies.

but is 1.32% daily beat just doing your own thing? What's your daily in the holdings you have accumulated?

No worries. A lot of people buy it and just run it with default settings on random coins and then give up because it doesn't make them profit straight out of the box.

They do support bittrex. I have both the poloniex and bittrex version. I'm trading 25 pairs on poloniex and 13 pairs on bittrex.

I'm confused by this question. 1.32% is my average daily profit across the ~6 months of trading.

Meddl

1% daily = 365% yearly. That's a really good amount of gainz.

thecryptobot.com/gunbot-shop/

SOLD OUT
wtf this is gay

i was talking about bitfinex not bitrex

anyway i might give it a shot
i did use forex bots in the past

do you ever have to do any manual inputs into the bot?

what pairs? Just BTC/USD? or do you fuck with shitcoins? Thanks for the results OP, I have been experimenting but didn't want to buy anything until I saw actual results from someone.

depending if its taking compounding into account ; it could instead mean 1.01^365 = 37.78 = 3778%

never mind, saw your other post

How much money is the bot trading? On paper micro-trade bots seem bad idea.

Gunthy.org is the official forum. You buy it by PMing the admin, Gunthar.

No I "fuck with shitcoins". I look for coins that have a steady trend of up and down so the bot can maximize the number of trades.

Only at the start when I was tweaking the settings to get them right. I also remove and add pairs from time to time. Other than that it literally runs itself. I've got it running on an ubuntu server 24/7.

Why don't exchanges let me set up multiple stop limits or automatic/renewable stop limits?

I tried the bot, lost 20% in a week. Trading bots only make money during a bull market. And you might as well just HODL bitcoin in that case, and you will make more money with less risk.

>Don't believe in the shills in this topic, use your brain, no one is selling a profitable trading bot

Guys im highly interested in this but dont truly understand the lrocess
Of gettong one setting it up and lettong it work could an user please describe all of it?

Each trade is ~0.05-0.2 BTC depending on my settings for each pair.

I see you must've been using shit/default settings or picked bad pairs. My bot has been running through the thick and thin of the markets.

the bot i've written has a trailing stop loss strategy... it's like maybe 20 lines of code

what you brainlets fail to realize is that the "bot" portion that you're paying for is just a framework for hooking into the exchange that you wish to trade on. you create your own strategies and heuristics to run the bot and the strength of those determines how well it performs. if you're not backtesting your strategies against historical market data at the very least then no shit you're gonna lose money.

>20 lines of code
what site is it running on, because surely u need more than that just to communicate with the exchange

To all the traders and programmers interested in bots - visit our telegram group for discussion of just that. No general programming questions and keep your memes to the minumum.
t.me/biz_crypto_bots
t.me/biz_crypto_bots
t.me/biz_crypto_bots
t.me/biz_crypto_bots

>Stop shilling Gunthar.

This, you guys are so freaking gullible.

What exchange do you use? Mind sharing some tips?

I'm also developing one right now using C++ and Golang.

I got 0.65 / months while simulating random trading. Is it normal?

I have no vested interest in Gunthar's success. If I truly was shilling then I'd be selling it myself as an official reseller. I'm simply sharing my success to motivate my fellow biz users.

What are you talking about? I congratulated the user before he even mentioned the bot by name.

it runs on my computer - you realize you can communicate with the exchange with literally 1 properly formed HTTP request? checking the ticker of a pair just looks like this:

bittrex.com/Api/v2.0/pub/market/GetTicks?marketName=BTC-OMG&tickInterval=thirtyMin

that being said, the library i'm using to talk to the api is probably a couple hundred lines but it basically just forms the right requests based on what kind of action you're trying to perform.

i've also written an exchange stub to test strategies against so i can backest against a few months of 1 minute ticks in about 15 seconds

rofl so yea you cant really claim youre using just 20 lines
of course i know how apis work
still, 20 for the bot itself does sound kinda low, is it just going based on ema crossing or something simple

You might as well write your own code then. All major exchanges have real easy to use API's. If you are to stupid to write 5 lines of code, you are also to stupid to make a 'profitable betting strategy', with some crappy ass bot.

>tl:dr; don't waste your sheckels on this gunthar jew

Why would you? IF this were true, you would have a personal interest in achieving the opposite. Idiot.

no need to code anything yourself except strategies. there are plenty of softwares for retail traders including institutional grade backtesting abilities etc

that's like saying i'd have to include the linecount of the entire standard library when writing a for loop or something.

it uses a predefined risk threshold and calculates the stop loss it's willing to place based on some volatility indicators. it's really just a small component that's used after another component identifies early moon signals. it's only meant to let me exit out of pumps without staying glued to the screen

>Why would you? IF this were true, you would have a personal interest in achieving the opposite. Idiot

Because the customizability of the bot is such that I'm almost certain my strategy is completely different to anyone else who's using the bot and thus my profitability won't be impacted by the number of users utilising the bot.

that is certainly not the problem, markets are massive it would have no impact. only when smaller markets are traded with massive positions

it's much more important you understand testing and do not fit your strategy to historical price action thus getting false results absolutely worthless for future trades.

if you had multiple instruments back tested, short time period then the strategy would have some validation... testing can show you a strategy cannot work but very hard to test it will work for certainity in the future. longer time periods, years etc. decaded in stocks are absolutely worthless for testing because markets dynamics change as we saw traditional, more simplistic trend following dying 1990-2000 when it became too popular and markets changed to reversion mode

Yeah so you are telling me you are to stupid to write your own 200 lines of code bot. BUT your optimization of 3 parameters is sooo genius you know for sure no one else will find anything similar.

The more you shill the more obvious you get..

It seems you're being condescending, like you think I don't know how trading strategies and the markets work. Thanks for the detailed explanation but I'm well aware of how to maintain my own strategies

Alright buddy, whatever floats your boat. I haven't posted a single referral link or anything of the sort. I don't see how you think I'm receiving kick-backs from the developer.

So I'm stupid for using a platform which successfully supports a large variety of customisation of strategies. Excuse me for not reinventing the fucking wheel.

Oh and by the way I have a Bachelor of CS and a Master's in Information Technology. I'm well aware of how to program in a multitude of languages thank you very much.

why not sharing the bot instead?

Because it's a paid bot and your API key has to be activated by the seller in order to use the bot

there are programs worth tens of thousands ghat have been cracked, and you are telling me a kid's script has better drm? jej. sure you are a bs and ms of computer thingies

No I'm not saying that, I'm not aware of any cracks yet and I don't plan on cracking it myself because, as a software developer, I don't believe in cracking other people's software. It's a scummy thing to do.

Crack this shit and upload it.
I'm not shelling out btc for some script.

Alright your choice mate. I've made back the price of the bot at least 30-fold.

what was your total profit for those 6 months

Your simulation isn't accurate, the market reacts to orders - that's why backtesting is also worthless. Min trade sizes are small - just run your bots, faggots.

I used to write automated mt4 scripts for forex trades and tested hundreds of methods that basically lets you automate short term and long term trades. I can tell you that you shouldnt automate your trades when scalping. From a hundreds of scripts that we developed only two or four were decent profit but only in the long run ( 1 - 2 years). The company I worked for used automation to eliminate the human emotion factor that make rash decisions during a price correction.

You would've been literally better off just buying that bitcoin and sitting on it than letting the bot buy & sell for you.

I don't really have a stake in you two's argument but you come across as a dick.

I wouldn't lean too heavily on your BSC there. I work in a rather large software/hardware dev shop and we have a lot of BSC grads that couldn't code their way out of a wet paper bag.
Also, knowing how to use lots of programming languages != knowing how to program well.

What on earth are you talking about? The bot makes profit in BTC so I am much better off having used the bot. If it made profit in USD then you'd have a point.

youtube.com/watch?v=JWVeGBag0q8&feature=youtu.be

Gunbot 24/7 + gui, you csn check the configuration file

What trading platform is that?

It's bittrex, it's sjakil gui coded on nodejs, i can't do ts there, it's just a gui for the bot

If you've really made 1.32% per day for 6 months, then you've made like 60x your initial investment.

I think he did something like

(MoneyInAccount / OriginalInvestment) / NumberOfDays

which doesn't account for compounded interest, but ~2.3x is not bad for sitting on one's ass either

Automating your trading assumes you know how to trade in the first place. So the user's here will all instantly cuck themself harder than buy & hold. They make money by using the group trade signals, not from TA.
Its not impossible, but its not worth the time to learn and monitor via automation for most users here. They don't know how to use the tools effectively. You'd have to study math.

This guy was trying to save you money dude.

>1% daily = 365% yearly
lel

Oh boy you people are in for a whole world of hurt when you discover this shit does not scale.

>Not posting your bot settings to help us wagecucks try to escape our shitty daily grind

JUST

I would take any daily profit. OP says he is doing $75.00 I would be happy with $25.00

it's actually 10x not 60x
C*1.032^(t)
C is your starting capital and t is the number of days

its 1.0132 and not 1.032 ****
this is assuming he goes all in every time

OP - post settings.

Market is so volatile, doesn't matter if everyone's using the same settings anyway.
plus, i wont tell anyone else, promise!

I heard Gunbot loses money I'm not trolling that's what I really heard. I wanted to use 50k for automated trading but since I heard that I don't trust it. Even you yourself said you only use 1btc that means you don't trust it either

Can you tell me which program this I will go and find it. Thank you

I used GB for a while. I still don't know why it lost me money. It was making trades and bittrex showed every trade to net me more than it cost but my BTC amount slowly went down

you liar
automated trading only gives loss

the best time to use a bot for trading is when the market bottoms out. otherwise gl

fees

Did it take into account fees?

>t.me/biz_crypto_bots
uhm. there's coiuntles of abadonned crypto trader bots on github.

guess why the projects got left behind?
that's right, fees killed the profit.

performing botting software is going to cost you millions.

don't buy into this shill.

Meddl Loide
trading bot for crypto is gambling. too many news incoming

this is true
op is lying

Brainlet squad, roll call!
Brainlet power, woo!

Holy shit ya'll a bunch of lazy faggots.

watisdis?

Hi Gunthar.

learn math you retard

What? Of course it scales, you just adjust the trade amount per trade.

> crypto trading bot

you haven't been on the wrong side of momentum with a trading programme. It's an experience that will make you weary.

trading programs may take the emotion out of trading, but it still lacks perception. Trading programme's also can not read news. There are also some tricks the big boys use, like declining the stock to a round number so it lights up automated stop-loss orders.

Sorry these guys are shitting on you just for sharing your success lol. I'm writing my bot in python, are there any good strategies?

because I've averaged 28.75%/day this year by trading with my brain you cuck

What're you using and how did you get python's TA-lib installed? my shitty digital ocean droplet won't install it for some reason even though I compiled the binary fine.

Buy high sell low

works every time

Bots don't work because they can only read the price / order book history which has pretty much zero correlation with the future price. Bots can't analysis the value of coins or gauge the hype around a coin, or somehow predict unreleased news about a coin.

Bots can do some basic arbitrage or provide liquidity but the exchanges are already filled with bots that do this. So if you want you can bust your ass to build a bot that can do that but you would at best make a couple % a month. Its much better to just spend your time researching coins.

I'm jelly

Teach me senpai

because I don't want to have to file 500,000 trades on IRS form 8949 at the end of the year

Backtesting + putting walk-forward validation in your bot is nice though. No bs curve fitting delusions.

I wrote most of my own indicators with some help from numpy. Surely to use ta lib it's just pip install ta-lib?