I asked my econ professor this morning what he thought about investing in crypto. He only knew about BTC...

I asked my econ professor this morning what he thought about investing in crypto. He only knew about BTC, so I explained the other alt coins like ETH and what Vatalik was doing. He basically said it was a bad idea and predicts it's just going to be a passing fad.

He's wrong, right guys?

Is your econ professor a billionaire?

>believing anything college professors tell you

What qualification does this guy have to talk about technology he hasn't researched?

Is he a boomer? Sounds like he doesn't know shit.

Yes OP he is 100% right. It's just another fad like the internet and smartphones.

crypto has nothing to do with econ. it's tech.

this

Tell him we asked why if he's so smart why isn't his ass on some cush wallstreet jump instead of peddling theory to kids?

This. Don't mind him OP. He'll be left behind and doomed to a life of wageslavery trying to scrape up satoshis so he can pay his rent while you are sipping daiquiris on the beach.

>econ professor that doesn't know about shit
Don't let those jewish schmucks tell you anything.

On the business side of things it's basically a Ponzi scheme (but so is standard US currency)
On the tech side of things it's pretty groundbreaking though

This
It'll go away after the tech savvy Babyboomers die and Gen Z realizes Fiat money is much safer and want things controlled by banks again

Is your econ prof over 50?

My experience with college is, their not ready to answer questions outside of the box, if you ask something outside the box thwy will try to make ot relevant to what they know pr straightforward not answer your question

lol exactly this. those who can't do, teach

that's why he is professor... so one day you realise they are all idiots...
school is for pussys!

They're*

He's investing on crypto right now.
His FUD is making you sell so he can buy cheaper.

He's right. The valuable thing is the technology underlying it, the blockchain etc. But anyone can copy that technology for free.

Except for IOC and XMR

>He's wrong, right guys?

If I was you I would tell him following:

>Do you think I care what a balding, 3rd class professor, that was too dumb to be accepted at Harvard, thinks about cryptocurrency? Now go take that obviously fake Armani suit that you bought from Alibaba, and get out of my face.

No

He has a PhD in the field, I'm assuming hes somewhat qualified to speak on things related to money

He looks like he's in his early 60's

LOL I would but I dont want to fail the class

When my school starts, I'll ask Steven Levitt what he thinks.

>He has a PhD

PhDs are fucking worthless. Even pic related got their PhDs for writing 2 papers that only had gibberish in it.

Lmao what shit school do you go to, OP?

I asked one of my econ professors about crypto as well and he didn't know shit about it. Granted this guy is like 70 years old. My MIS professor knew about it, but she kind of thought it was scammy. This was when BTC was at 1k and she actually hadn't realized that it was back at that level, the last time she checked in on it was back in 2013 when it was crashing. However I perked her interest in it because I explained a little bit about the blockchain which would have a big impact in MIS fields.

*gasp*
RIP, user

-----------------------NOFORN/SECRET-----------------------

USER 5N4ay7u/ HAS BEEN LOCATED AND IDENTIFIED.

USER 5N4ay7u/ HAS BEEN LIQUIDATED BY LARX-3 AGENT.

PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD AND MOVE ON.

-----------------------NOFORN/SECRET-----------------------

Can I get a quick rundown on these guys?

You can't counterfeit crypto transactions. Some blockchains are faster than credit cards. That alone should display its worth. It will eliminate identity theft, and fraud of any form. Let the boomer die

The Bogs have PhD's, yet they control the shadow government.

sucks to be you.

who are these guys anyway?

Nah son this shit is going to be fucking gigantic, coins may come and go (even btc but doubt it) but the core tech is still in its infancy and is truly world changing.

Call him crazy but McAfee said that he believes blockchain is the most powerful technology that man has seen since agriculture.
I don't know if it's truly that powerful as I don't have as good as a grasp on the mechanics of currency and crypto currency but I do believe it's here to stay.

For currency it seems like the next step. It has to go digital sooner or later and the current way of things won't transfer to the neoborg cyberhellscape world we're headed toward

>McAfee said that he believes blockchain is the most powerful technology that man has seen since agriculture.

Can you sauce me senpai?

DAILY REMINDER THAT ECONOMISTS HAVE NO BACKGROUND IN SOFTWARE ENGINEERING. THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE BLOCKCHAIN OR SMART CONTRACTS, THEY ARE JUST MAKING VALUE JUDGEMENTS ON THE PROPERTIES OF BTC. THESE ARE NOT EDUCATED OPINIONS, THEY ARE AUTISTIC GUESSES FROM UNINFORMED PEOPLE

He also had prostitutes shit in his mouth

fine line between madman and genius

See what I () mean, OP?

>the underlying technology that anyone copy for free will change the world!

Everyone needs an outlet, I'd say compared to the Clinton's thats relatively safe and moral

Sounds like your prof is a cuck and you should tell him that.

Dude, I'm sure you know more about crypto than your econ professor ever will.

why i switched my major from economy to geology

My Econ professor thinks crypto is revolutionary

What type of school do you go to?

Just imagine the daily anger he must suffer, to spend years studying economics only to have to fall back on teaching for an income.

Those that can do, those that can't teach. The only exception to this is subjects were aging and injury can push you out, eg. Some great surgens will teach not because they lack skill but because age has made once steady hands shake.

>if you can't do, teach
Economics/finance/accounting professors in a nutshell. Hell I respect dance theory professors more, at least those know how to move around.

> Those with brains no balls become mathematicians, those with balls no brains join the mafia, those w no balls no brains become economists.

> A trader listened to the firm’s “chief” economist’s predictions about gold, then lost a bundle. The trader was asked to leave the firm. > He then angrily asked him boss who was firing him: “Why do you fire me alone not the economist? He is too responsible for the loss.” > The Boss: “You idiot, we are not firing you for losing money; we are firing you for listening to the economist.”
> Discussing growth without concern for fragility: like studying construction without thinking of collapses. Think like engineer not economist.
> [On his greatest disappointment]: That I am unable to destroy the economics establishment

econs are retards

My history teacher thought this, or at least her husband did. She had me explain crypto currencies to the class.

>mfw that was 3 years ago

>taking advice from (((school)))

:D

Even the Rothschilds bow to the Bognanoffs, dude.
You may think it's gibberish now, but the technology to allow us mere humans to interpret it is just not there yet.