How did this single letter destroy all Roman public virtue and the mos maiorum?

How did this single letter destroy all Roman public virtue and the mos maiorum?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/his/thread/2634911/
youtu.be/_JMxMQmEh7k?t=1m54s
digitalcommons.fiu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1133&context=sferc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

explain

Alaric: Rome gib land
Rome: "No"
Alaric: K.

Hellenization ruined Rome

But all the letters are Greek.

adapted greek

Yeah, but the A's an A, and the B's a B, so who cares if K is K for Greek words?
I'm also curious as to what happened to Phi, because F is a Greek letter denoting the Wuh sound, Wau, but the Romans used it for the phi sound.

At the time Φ made an aspirated p sounds, contrasted with the unaspirated p of π. F (waw) was used in Etruscan for the V sounds which was then devoiced to the f sound in Latin

So phi didn't make the fuh sound, it made the aspirated P, like the sort we have in English, while pi made that gay unaspirated p sound it makes today in Greek

It's the K hater again.
desuarchive.org/his/thread/2634911/

English does not have any aspirated consonants. The closest English comes is when a 'h' is pronounced immediately after, e.g.

> hop house
> hob house
> hot house

These said quickly come close enough to the aspirated p-h, b-h, t-h. Greek pi is the same as normal English 'p'.

>the aspirated P, like the sort we have in English
Do you even know what aspirated means?

Yes it it does
Say "pot" and "spot"

Not aspirated.

You're either not a native speaker or are trying real hard not to aspirate it

REMOVE GREEK remove greek you are dog filth u can live in field with macedonian cousin ahahah EPIRUS WE WILL GET YOU!!!!

I am native, and pronouncing it perfectly normally.

The air ejected from the mouth when pronouncing those words is the normal ejection for any consonant. I think you're underestimating how relatively forceful aspirated consonants are.

youtu.be/_JMxMQmEh7k?t=1m54s

See
One does, or should, not say p-hot, or sp-hot. These are unaspirated mutes.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about, or you'd know why I brought up pot vs spot. It's commonly known that stops at the beginning of English words are aspirated which is why you should notice a difference when saying pot and spot (or stop and top or spy and pie).

digitalcommons.fiu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1133&context=sferc

Fair enough. I admit I'm wrong here.

But 'p' is still not an aspirated consonant per se, only by initial position.

But rome was similar to greek culture before they conquered them

It acts as an aspirated consonant in the initial position, so it is. The fact that we use the letter P to represent it is just a hold over from its romantic origin.