Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KDLldRqEW3c
youtube.com/watch?v=w8w2mv-AflU
youtube.com/watch?v=TpGJBL7wA1M
youtube.com/watch?v=RoHF2iwnKWk
youtube.com/watch?v=y3K5Vt8I1EU
youtube.com/watch?v=1a94Kpkku94
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They would've been left alone if they had agreed to accept papal hierarchy.

Because they fucking stink, okay.

why were medeival illustrations so shit at perspective? This is cubism tier

1: It's not that bad
2: Roman paintings didn't have perspective; nobody did until Brunelleschi

Catholics were(?) obsessed with obtaining temporal power

but its like, didn't these people have eyes?

You do it better, and do it 600 years ago

I'm not trying to rag on them. Its just what is the technological obstacle to creating photorealistic art even in caveman times? You're looking at stuff in perspective all day. Did nobody for the thousands and thousands of years before the renaissance think to simply draw what they see?

Historically, the early Christian leaders were afraid that gnosticism lead people from salvation due to being so different from their own beliefs. Gnosticism denied that Yahweh was God, and some gnostic documents even suggest he's evil, which was total anathema to proto-orthodoxy which saw Jesus as Yahweh himself and the fulfillment of Old Testament prophecies. Additionally, Gnosticism was totally against the kind of heirarchy the proto-orthodox had, it was much more esoteric and focused on attaining hidden knowledge, rather than worshipping publicly. They also had very different views on Jesus' resurrection, a common theme was Jesus not suffering on the cross, or even not being on the cross, which is incompatible with ideas of Jesus needing to suffer and be sacrificed.

Basically, it was anathema to every single belief the early church heirarchy held, and they succeeded in stamping it out as a movement (although there have been gnostic individuals throughout history).

As for the Pope, I don't think the Popes of today care at all about gnosticism since so few people are gnostic. They're more worried about Protestant evangelization and secularism.

That's not how it works. Also, remember that these are incredibly small, and in an unforgiving medium. Photorealistic art is the outlier in the history of art. Most art is symbolic

because it's blasphemy and basically witch-craft.

Have you ever tried drawing anything? It's not that easy. And proper technique is not as intuitive as you might think. It has to be learned.
Just last century, there was an artists that gave up on trying to figure out how perspective works and decided invading Russia was easier.

>Why does the pope fear gnosticism?

Because gnosticism, to some extent, follows Jesus' proclamations that Moses is the devil and it would mean that people who violently force people to worship Moses and the prophets are just psychopaths pretending to be somebodies.

>Just last century, there was an artists that gave up on trying to figure out how perspective works and decided invading Russia was easier.
blew air out of my nose/10

Reminder that Gnostic Jesus is canon in Islam.
>Most Islamic traditions, save for a few, categorically deny that Jesus physically died, either on a cross or another manner. The contention is found within the Islamic traditions themselves, with the earliest Hadith reports quoting the companions of Muhammad stating Jesus having died, while the majority of subsequent Hadith and Tafsir have elaborated an argument in favor of the denial through exegesis and apologetics, becoming the popular (orthodox) view.

I consider myself a Marcionite. You know, it just makes sense on closer inspection. When the man in Matthew asks Jesus which commandments to follow, Jesus specifically mentions those related to kind behavior instead of the first several related to worship such as keeping the sabbath day holy and not creating false idols.

Because beauty and creativity in Europe died with Paganism, and was revived when Pagan values were revived during the Renaissance.

Except that it was the pope's man, Jerome, who "translated" the bible into the Vulgate, who put horns on Moses' head.

Most people fear gnostics the same way most people fear people with bubonic plague; proximity may cause intellectual/actual death.

>were

coinciidenally as a matter of serendipity

It's retarded

Because it's incredibly difficult to draw what one sees?

>Except that it was the pope's man, Jerome, who "translated" the bible into the Vulgate, who put horns on Moses' head.

Yeah, you don't know anything about God - which is why you don't understand the concept of mortals doing divine work without conscious intent.

yeah but out of billions of people nobody had the natural ability to do it?

I know more about God, my father, than you do about satan, hour father. Guaranteed.

If you're denying Moses has horns in the Vulgate, I'll demonstrate.

If all you are saying is that God can turn what man meant for evil, into good, that phrase is in the bible plenty of times.

This cosplay you do. Is it worth an eternity on fire?

I think he just sucked at his job. Because of Jerome, we have people like calling the devil "light bringer".

*your father

>just stop being schizophrenic bro. that's all you have to do to not burn for eternity

you aren't Jesus

Jesus is my brother.

Drawing stuff requires paying attention to it. People are not awfully smart, and kids who just finished highschool are pretty much on the same level as the antique erudites.

Try drawing a person from scratch, you only have one try. Practice on soil if you want, that's all these people had.

>If you're denying Moses has horns in the Vulgate, I'll demonstrate.

No, that's not what I'm saying - I'm saying Jesus said Moses is the devil and, fortuitously, Michelangelo put horns on his statue of Moses.

>This cosplay you do. Is it worth an eternity on fire?

No, stoning people to death in the name of God for a "prophet" who has been proven a liar over and over and over again is "LARPing."

youtube.com/watch?v=TpGJBL7wA1M

>one try

there is no end to soil. /ic/ will generally tell you to start a drawing over than start erasing what you already have

>Because of Jerome, we have people like (You) calling the devil "light bringer".

Lucifer is my dearest star in the heavens.

youtube.com/watch?v=RoHF2iwnKWk

The Pope is a Satanist pedophile

fucking kek

what are you trying to imply with all those pictures you are posting? it's nonsense to me

Sacred art and photorealism have very different goals, that's why the former makes use of things like reverse perspective, which has a mystical connotation. As a drawfag myself I spent months studying perspective but hardly put that knowledge to use

>what are you trying to imply with all those pictures you are posting? it's nonsense to me

The universe doesn't revolve around the Jews, doesn't revolve around humans, doesn't revolve around Earth, doesn't revolve around the solar system, doesn't revolve around the galaxy - if there are any GODS around here - the Hebrew Bible is prohibited on an intergalactic scale as if that shouldn't be obvious from its content.

youtube.com/watch?v=y3K5Vt8I1EU

these videos are a fucking mess.

>these videos are a fucking mess.

Well, it's hard enough to get anyone to pay attention to a YouTube video much less if I were to type them a dissertation on the Muses, Moirai and modern media.

Because Gnostics tried to hijack the Bible and Christianity to suit their own ideals that had been around for thousands of years prior. The big question is if the modern church is worried about the exponential growth of Gnosticism through the Internet.

I don't know whether you gnostics or mormons are more heretical.

>I don't know whether you gnostics or mormons are more heretical.

God says I'm not a heretic.

Gnosticism has no place for the pope and any organized religion. Plus gnostics could blend in among christians and subvert from within. Hence the existential need to wipe them out

"St Thomas Aquinas thought it virtuous to burn heretics, and favoured the option of burning them alive. From around the turn of the millennium executing heretics became ever more common, and the grounds for doing so ever more unlikely. A group of Christians at Goslar in Germany who declined to kill chickens were executed for heresy in 1051."

Of course you are when you corrupt the Bible message with your pagan influences, and when you proclaim to be a god (lower cases).

You're in full anathema.

>Just last century, there was an artists that gave up on trying to figure out how perspective works and decided invading Russia was easier.
lmao

Because he's a Demiurge puppet who fears the truth will get out.

END THE SIMULATION.

>Of course you are when you corrupt the Bible message with your pagan influences, and when you proclaim to be a god (lower cases).

I don't proclaim myself to be a god - God does.

youtube.com/watch?v=1a94Kpkku94

Those weren't religious icons though. The Chinese were ahead of Europeans during the Middle Ages and possibly even earlier.

In painting, Euros were better in architecture, scilpture, music and poetry

how will whites ever recover?

Are you talking about the Cathar crusade? Because it had political reasons and fighting a heresy was just a justification for the crusade

Fucking gross. Who the fuck eats babies? That shit is fucked up. Disgusting.

>Roman paintings didn't have perspective.

ORLY?

>Its just what is the technological obstacle to creating photorealistic art even in caveman times?

None. But what makes you just assume that was a goal?

Cave art animals are really well painted and drawn

B A S E D

From a scholary perspective I'm interested in learning more about gnosticism anyone have any good books not written by schizos

[spoiler]because he's a self-serving mortal man like the rest of us with no divine connection or mandate[/spoiler]

Because most were made by untrained monks fighting off hand cramps

Becuase prefect perspective is a myth. This isn't actully how your eye and brain perceive things,
especially around the edges of your eyes. And especially when you consider you have to have a value system before you perceive anything becuase you can't perceive everything, unless you a certain type of schizophrenic. You don't see cut wood stacks with nails and fabric patting, what you see is a chair, and often you don't see anything, when asked people can't remember 90% of what was in a room.
And medieval people were more in tune with thier emotions