en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arn_–_The_Knight_Templar#Language
youtube.com/watch?v=9L_PlDsa_BI
youtube.com/watch?v=tGxAYeeyoIc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Messenger:_The_Story_of_Joan_of_Arc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Arn the Knight Templar
>Historically accurate

No

>The film is mainly in Swedish, but to create a realistic feel it features the languages that would have been spoken in different countries and by different people. The monks Arn grows up around speak Latin, English, Swedish and French,[2] while the scenes in the Holy Land feature English (although in reality it would have been Latin and French instead) and Arabic, including quotations from the Qur'an.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arn_–_The_Knight_Templar#Language

Faggot Swedes with their obsession for English language went full retard with this one

Alexander Revisited

aguirre, the wrath of god
paths of glory
lawrence of arabia

"The Longest Day" is one of my favorite WWII movies. Does a decent job covering Germans, Americans, Brits, and French resistance as D-Day unfolds. Starring John Wayne and Sean Connery for christ's sake.

>got
>history
I enjoy it (or should i say enjoyed it). But a fantasy world with zombies and dragons loosely based on the war of the roses is not history.

Is the Three Kingdoms tv show worth watching?

Reds is an outstanding move I never see mentioned whenever one of these historical movie discussions come up.

I liked that movie, that and Kingdom of Heaven are the only two good movies about the Crusades.

>good
looks like another capeshit flick

Only some of the action scenes were good
It was completely ahistorical though. Saladin being a fucking SJW with 21st century morals he shares with Balian and the white people being fucking villains.

Wasn't the flail used as a Coup de grâce weapon?

I have no idea if this is some /tv/ meme or someone with a clear agenda but Kingdom of Heaven is not good. It was panned by both critics and audiences, it is just not a good movie.

Missing Battle of Britain (1969) in there

What's wrong with white villains?

>historical epic with a massive budget
>King Baldwin's performance
>Saladin

It got originally panned because it was a 90 minute butchered version that showed in the theaters, not the 3 hour director's cut.

We are always the good guys even when we are the bad guys

Lawrence of Arabia and Khartoum is how movies is supposed to be.

>No Deutschland '83
youtube.com/watch?v=9L_PlDsa_BI

>the director's cut
I fucking knew you would go there, you have the be the same guy shilling this movie on /tv/. No, the 3 hour special edition deleted scenes artistic director's vision does not turn that 3/10 into anything better

I didn't like the movie that much too but the director's cut did make it better purely for editing and artistic purposes. The cinematic version was too abrupt, choppy, and poorly paced.

>attila
Possibly the worst movie ever produced

It's what soldiers wore back then.

Medieval stuff is cloakshit, not capeshit

When he says capeshit, he means Balian beating three guys with a rock and potsherd, one of them on horseback, completely unarmored, taking a fucking charging flail blow to the back with no consequence.

Well they were templars after all, they were pretty retarded even IRL to lose against Saladin.

You forgot Saints and Strangers. It's really short but also really good

>tfw no Armata Brancaleone
anglos are responsible for this

which ones beside GOT have the most sex in it?

>Enemy at the gates
Kill whoever made that film

>not Hannibal: Rome's Worse Nightmare
Baka.

Yeah, Plunkett & MacLeane

The Revenant? Anyone?

A Hacksaw Ridge
Titanic (1997)
Atonement
Dunkirk
Lincoln
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
There Will Be Blood (kinda iffy)
Apocalypto

Apocalypto can't decide whether or not the natives are mayans or aztecs. gets confusing best to watch it as hist fiction

It's not even that closely based on the WotR beyond the idea of noble houses fighting each other for the throne (which isn't unique to the WotR either) and the geography of Westeros looking a bit like Britain. The different sides ravaging each others peasants and farms and going on murder-rape sprees has more in common with the Anarchy.

>mmh, delicious young Liv Tyler
Not sure why it never gets mentioned.

They are supposed to be Mayans but somewhere along the line Gibson's writers got the timelines confused, or they tried to do a twist witch failed.

Ride With the Devil

If you're accepting comedies I'd recommend Keaton's The General (1926).

ww2 era:
The Great Escape
Das boot
The Longest Day
Schindler's List
Letters from Iwo Jima

ww1 era:
Paths of Glory
All quiet on the western front
Le Pantalon
Captain Conan
La Grande Illusion

others:
Dances with Wolves
Ben Hur
1492: Conquest of Paradise
La Reine Margot
La Révolution française (1989)

>Silent Running
The heck is a sci-fi doing on that list? It's not even particularly good.

Patton.

Rome

>enlightened enough to have alatriste, ogniem i mieczem, and barry lyndon
>has got
>has kingdom of heaven
>no les rois maudits (the 70s one)
>no FLESH + BLOOD (come the FUCK on)
>no Floris
>no Seventh Seal
>no Macbeth (1971)
>no The Message (Allahu Akbar)
>no Triumph of the Spirit
>none of Lawrence Olivier's Shakespearean English kings stuff
>no The Bounty (Hopkins and Gibson)
>no Wilde
>no Platoon
>no Heaven and Earth

C'mon lads

There Will Be Blood is actually the most America movie I've ever seen. It's actually about the birth of the way the nation is.

This guy knows what's up. Actually Westeros is 100% literally upside down Ireland with the North and Dorne tacked on.

Burned by the Sun - Its probably my favorite movie about the soviet union because it starts by showing how great everything is for the heros of the Russian revolution but then it touches on the tragedies and moral dilemmas people faced during the civil war, and it is only at the end that the protagonist realizes that no one is safe from stalins purges. The movie has an endless amount of layers. It shows what people thought they were going to get, what the paid for it, and what they ended up getting.

ANDREI RUBLEV

>Battle of the Bulge
This is the movie so terrible Eisenhower came out of retirement to denounce it.

Any good movies set in the 100 years war? Bonust pts if it has a good Crecy or Agincourt battle.

>GoT
>historical
Epic bait. Take this shit back to Veeky Forums.

this. honestly a brilliant movie.

The Dacians + Columna

Queen Margot is epic
movie is about the saint bartholomew's day massacre of 1572. anyone interested in the Wars of Religion in Europe should watch this

Yes, very much so, in fact surprised it's not on this list.

user knows.

I add Guns of Navarone, Eternal sun.

Wolf Hall

Netflix Borgia > Showtime The Borgias

Lithgow actually made for a decent Churchill.

still amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=tGxAYeeyoIc

pretty good la Résistance kino

They have platoon actually

Literal piece of shit, unhistorical to the highest degree.

SQUARE SHIELDS MUDDY FIELDS

Nigger they show him turning the other dude around so the flail hits him. Were you just too triggered to watch the actual clip or are you just retarded?

>unhistorical to the highest degree.

bit hyperbolic. The broader political events are more or less right.

Did you watch the actual clip? Look at the second time the mounted knight passes through. 0:32 to be exact.

How oh HOW did I forget that amazing work, A Man For All Seasons? Easily one of the best and funniest films ever.

Oh fugg
Actually Guns is there, but Force 10 is not

wasn't that little scene in the woods the only training he got anyway? fuck it.

>9th company
Garbage, get it out

also Enemy at the gates

Fuck it just gets worse the more I think about it
No Duelists
No Three Musketers (70s with Michael York and Charlton Heston)

>Kingdom of Heaven

Yes it did
Kingdom of Heaven DC is a masterpiece. This is the first time I'm posting about this.

Fuck no. It's not a steaming pile of shit but it's still a mess. Stupid shoehorned in love/cucking plot, Balian wearing stainless rune plot armor the whole movie, long slow scenes with crap music and even crappier cinematography. The DC was like 300 trying hard to be Barry Lyndon and failing miserably.

>WWII for Soviet Union began in 1941

Fuck no. Never again.

Predictably the thread is basically a thread for war movies. Time for some diversity.

>patrick stewart as lenin

I think i need to watch this

how far HBO has fallen

They're making a spiritual sequel about Andrew Jackson.
Apparently. I haven't heard about it for a while.

Will he be played by Idris Elba?

Not enough movies about exploration of Africa.

bit on the trashy side but watchable enough

was it really a bunch of borderline amateurs buying names off of a shady frenchman?

>(((Schindlers))) list
>historical

might as well include wizard of oz in that list

Pretty much history-related film takes dramatic licenses

It shows Great Society in positive light despite its ultimate failure, destruction of the black family and rise of poverty for the first time in many years.

It doesn't show them as ultimate heroes. People were complaining that it missed the Lillehammer Affair but apparently that was a different group that did it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Messenger:_The_Story_of_Joan_of_Arc

And no it doesnt have your meme battles

With Fire and Sword is alright, the books are really good.