Why do so many people fall for omission bus when they see this?

Why do so many people fall for omission bus when they see this?

>inb4 multitrack drifting

the only correct answer is to do nothing. You cannot prove me wrong. Simply because you did not chose to be there any action you perform will not be correct as any action except inaction will force you to kill someone.

The fault is obviously on the person who tied the people up.

So do nothing and let 5 people die?

How is that better than doing something and having one die? The fact you did not choose to be faced with this problem is irrelevant, it is your problem, simply stating out loud "I don't want to be here" does not absolve you of the responsibility.

objectively yes, doing nothing means you don't kill anyone, but at some point you have to take into account the consequences. what if pulling the lever would save a hundred people or even a thousand? would you still choose to do nothing just so you wouldn't have to kill anyone?

The real question is, why isn't the trolley pilot braking?

So justify killing. You did not set up this experiment.

>"I don't want to be here"
You are convoluting things because you know you are incorrect. Even though that is a perfectly sound argument given the circumstances he is in, do you lack empathy? I can rest assured you have never and will never be in this scenario in your life and if anyone ever were, this would most certainly be their first thought.

He did not set up this experiment, action forces murder, inaction lets things play out as the designer planned. There is no moral responsibility on the participant in any scenario, except when he chooses to kill one person. Inaction is simply the ony answer.

>. what if pulling the lever would save a hundred people or even a thousand? would you still choose to do nothing just so you wouldn't have to kill anyone?

I would probably still walk away. "I should have killed that person" is never a justifiable thought. Even Hitler.

>So justify killing. You did not set up this experiment.

You are killing 5 by inaction, 1 by acting. There is no choice to not kill.

>You are convoluting things

Really? How much more simple could I put it?

>Even though that is a perfectly sound argument given the circumstances he is in, do you lack empathy?

I disagree with both of those statements. Your argument of "I did not create this problem therefor it's not my problem" is trumped by the reality of it being your problem now. It's not fair that it has become your problem, but life is not fair.

As far as empathy, are you insane? You accuse me of lacking empathy while you do nothing and watch 5 people die you could save, because their not your problem. Are you Chinese by any chance?

>You are killing 5 by inaction, 1 by acting. There is no choice to not kill.

No, you are killing no one. The only way you are killing anyone is if the participant tied them to the tracks.

>because their not your problem.
No, because you are choosing, YOU ARE CHOOSING, to kill a singular individual, you understand? You are killing that person, in cold blood. Ends do not justify the means. You cannot kill one to save them all, you have to sink with the ship, you have to do nothing, and save the individual.

Again, it was never you problem, just because you came across it does not make it your problem. Are you implying fate? What are you saying, why is it your problem? Why do you have to solve this problem that someone else set up because you came across it? Saying it's your problem now doesn't make it your problem unless you choose to make it so.

You understand? At every junction you have two choices, this is the most basic of them. You can do nothing and you kill no one, but you watch 5 people die. You can do something and kill someone but save 5 people. You have taken the fate of others lives into your own hands simply because you could. Remember in this scenario you are a bystander.

I can be held liable for pulling the lever and killing the person. I can not be held liable not acting and letting five people die. The choice is obvious.

>No, you are killing no one.

Doing nothing is a choice. If you choose to do nothing you kill 5 people.

As I said there is no option to not kill. You are the man at the switch, you have to make the choice.

More Chinese.

What am I doing there to begin with? What are the laws of this land? Do I risk getting sued or being held liable for murder? Who are those people and why did they get tied to a track? Why can't the trolley stop?

>pull the lever
>the family of the other guy sues you for his wrongful death
>the people you save sue you for the pain and suffering caused by survivors guilt
>the owner of the train sues you for redirecting the train
I don't know these people, it is not worth it.

>If you choose to do nothing you kill 5 people.
You keep saying this oer and over again, you are wrong, I mean maybe you keep ignoring it on purpose but the only way you are killing them is by putting them on the tracks.

Imagine a court proceeding, you are there and so is the man who put them on the tracks and set up the experiment, in your head you are going to jail for doing nothing and the murder of the 5 individuals, while the actual person who set it up gets off scot free?

It's off topic, but you have to look at these facts, you have to understand by not setting up this experiment you are literally not liable to anything that is happening there, except for any choice that you make.

>As I said there is no option to not kill.
Every single one of those 'options' have been refuted and you keep saying over and over you are killing 5 when logically and morally you are not. Like I mean, there is still not enough information to go on what if you make your choice to find out it's all a sick game and the 5 you save were pedophiles and the one you killed was some sort of renowned doctor? Would you rest easy in your choice then?

KEK
I had to take a moral philosophy course in college. Most useless 4000 bucks I spent down the drain

>4k bucks for one class
wtf

That's about average here in the states. Are you a European or something?

I'm in university in california right now and 1 semester of 5 classes is only costing me 3.5k

I don't live in burgerland.

>only way you are killing them is by putting them on the tracks

How does the guy who put them on the tracks kill them? They may live, that depends on you.

Let's skip the imaginary court proceedings and legality. The argument is a moral one not "what is legal to do where I happen to live".

>Every single one of those 'options' have been refuted

There are two options, why are you making it sound like there are dozens?

Are you saying doing nothing is not making a choice?

The people may all be murders and pedophiles, you do not know. There is no option to interview them.

Not everybody goes to a state subsidized university bud.

an overwhelming percentage of all people in the states do. there's no way 4k for one class is anywhere close to the average

>How does the guy who put them on the tracks kill them?

>how does someone who ties someone to an active train track murder them?

I mean, if you are struggling with that, I am simply out.

UC versus Cal State.
I got fucked by the MUH RESEARCH EXPERIENCE meme

You are out because doing nothing is in fact making a choice.

Enjoy your day.

If you're going to be this pedantic you might as well say that if you pull the lever you don't kill anyone the train does. By doing nothing you kill five people

>in cold blood
No, I'm pretty sure you'd be doing it to save the other five people
It's your problem because you're the person who can do something, you can worry about whoever set it up later, you kill five people by inaction, that's where omission bias comes in

>I didn't kill my baby by not feeding it, I just didn't get involved :^)

It's not her fault some guy impregnated her and her body gave life to the thing.

Really he killed it.

That's how it works