What are some ancient civilizations that you think existed but we have no current evidence on yet

I think something poped up in the belgian/netherlands region

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oldest_buildings
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhar_Tichitt
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nok_culture
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunung_Padang_Megalithic_Site
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

niggertopia, where blacks ruled over Egypt and China

Zootopia, where you could fuck sexy rabbits and shit

400 BC west Africa ancient civilization ?

1500 BC South East Asia ancient civilization?

What The fuck is up with This map?

Honestly, Australia. The continent has been inhabited for 50000 years. That's insane. There's probably dozens of civilizations buried there under the sand and jungle.

This one is a better map

What about Northern Europe and Russia?

1) The Inca were also Bronze age
2) This map is terrible, the title is just plopped randomly off-center, and you have dumb pictures pasted on the map with only a vague indication of the extent of each civilization.

I believe there was a caribbean civilization that was highly sophisticated and travel between the meditarranean and caribics.

They didn't leave behind any monument, except for arkaim in Siberia but that's an isolated case

Bronze age Scandinavians made some interesting trinkets but since they didn't leave behind any impressive structure I didn't feel like including them

Yours is worse since it has made up civilizations on ti and wrong dates, and the Incas were hardly bronze age

Any of the twelve missing tribes

They're not made-up. Just because you never heard of something doesn't mean it's made up!

Jesus Christ, how stupid can one man be?

Please tell me about the West African civilization from 400 bc, because as far as I know the Nook culture isn't more of a civilization than Cucuteni or Terramare and your map is missing them

How is Indus Valley "obscure"?

Nope, Abos were always pretty primitive. I won't speculate on deeper genetic reasons or whatever, but they were one of the earlier waves of human migration, and by being isolated they probably just missed the boat that any Eurasian tribe would've picked up from their neighbours.

Central Asia, particularly middle Siberia, around the corner where Mongolia, Kazakhstan and Russia converge was certainly home to some ancient civs (probably not very advanced). There are literally thousands of dolmens.

There is ample evidence that some sort of farming civs existed in the western Amazon, on the eastern side of the Andes. Peanuts are from this area, and were farmed, along with fruit trees and tubers.

The jungle really does swallow them up. Not quite Angkor Wat levels of civ, but they could work stone, pottery, knew about raised farming (to counter the annual flooding), furrowed farming, carbon 'seeding', etc.

Central Asia
was home to a rather advanced urban culture as you can see from my image

I've always figured that there must have been a few attempts at civilization before Sumeria but that, due to a number of factors like unstable climate or natural disasters, they just didn't actually get rolling until then. Wouldn't surprise me at all if one day we found evidence of a settled village with basic agriculture predating Sumeria by several thousand if not over ten thousand years, that was wiped out in a volcanic eruption or something.

There are also a number of ancient buildings in Western Europe, in complexes stretching from Italy to Ireland and dating to as early as 4850 BC, which make me think that there was some kind of advanced culture there that we for some reason haven't fully recognized. In fact a whole lot of complexes pop up in that region around 3500 BC.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_oldest_buildings

>for some reason haven't fully recognized

What are you talking about? They are fully "recognized".

>won't speculate on deeper genetic reasons or whatever
So how can you explain that germanics only got civ after they met the romans?

Before romans, they were only roaming around and shitty everywhere

There are a number of proto urban neolithic cultures such as Cucuteni which are older than Sumerians or contemporary to them

I meant that in terms of being recognized as an early civilization or otherwise network of isolated civilizations, they're seen more as independent sites.

True, but not significantly older. I'm talking about thousands or tens of thousands of years, not anything near contemporary.

The black sea basin used to be almost completely dry, until the Bosporus strait suddenly broke around 5600BC. If we could do archealogical digging at the bottom of the black sea we would very probably find the truly first civilization that predates all others, but was whiped out by the floods. Would also make sense why all middle eastern peoples have some sort of folklore of an ancient civilization that got whiped out by a flood.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

The most advanced parts of Australia when Europeans arrived were in the places where Europeans live now. Given the conditions in Australia, where there may be century long cycles of drought and flood, combined with the Earth's ice age cycle, it's possible that they filled and developed these places and lost that development time and again.

It's doubtful that they'd have got to iron age level, I think we'd have found plenty of evidence already. But we have to recall how sophisticated the American civilizations were without much metal working at all.

Not really

Well fuck me, I looked into things and while I knew that the English sites were connected, it looks like there's actually a lot of support for those sites from Italy and France all belonging to a sort of early Western-Euro proto-civilization. I apologize for being a retard.

Not only the black sea.
The flood was worldwide and all coastal areas from 12k ybp are inundated.
Everything that has been build at the coast or in river deltas is gone.

Ice age to pre ice age high civilizations.

Incas were early bronze age. They melted ingots of cooper and tin.

That's not true. Germanics were not just simple hunter/gatherer barbarians. They had stone and log houses, metalworking, agriculture, horse and so on already for a couple thousand years by the time they met the Romans -- though they were certainly less advanced than the Romans.

Anyhow, Romans were themselves influenced by Greek culture, which was influenced by near eastern civs.

I'm convinced we'll find something under Sunda once we start looking properly.

No, it was probably a somewhat salty inland sea, rather like the Aral or Caspian "seas" (not very salty, but still too salty to drink or farm with). The region was probably steppe and scrubland, warm and conducive to civilization. If it was a truly freshwater (no saltiness) lake, then it could've hosted large numbers of people. It most certainly would have either way, we just don't know to what extent.

Abos had no domesticated animals, no pottery, no large shelters. Some weaving, but only where they had contact with Malay and Melanesian seafarers...

Sorry, but they were just no a very materially sophisticated people. Survivors in a hostile environment, sure, but just not technologically advanced.

Most of the dolmens ended up in Korea though.

Greeks were already urbanized before They were influenced by N.E

>So how can you explain that germanics only got civ after they met the romans
You mean those seafaring, metalworking farmers who defeated the Romans in battle and were never incorporated into their Empire?
You're saying they're the same as Abbos?

Come off it user

aahahahahahahahahahahahahhaah

What do you mean ancient civilization? Do you mean one that independently developed agriculture and writing and city states?

That sure showed me

I hope you have permission from McGraw-Hill to display this image.

Vínlandic civilization. We're finding more and more evidence of Norse habitation of the New world, and it may well be that for a couple of centuries there was a flourishing Norse New World civilization.

But Peruans, West Africans or bronze age Vietnamites didn't have any of those except for agriculturr

City states are the standard?

>user says Bantu and West Africans were civilized

Independently develop writing is the standard?

>user says Germans and Japanese were never civilized

Agriculture is the standard?

>user says almost everywhere was civilized

Black Ancient Egypt

urbanizing greeks came from the N.E.

Look at that sweet river delta
A bunch ofgerman, french and english rivers.
Would be a niece place to life

An then there is this big landmass right in the tropics
Humans lived there since Homo erectus.
Denisovians could have been in the same area.
Who knows what was going on around there 20k years ago

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dhar_Tichitt
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nok_culture

civilization started in middle east, the reason why people keep mistaking it for africa is because adam was black

All the structures from Tichitt are from the middle ages except for some stone huts of which there are no photos online, at this point we might as well put the Balkans, Sicily, Neolithic Britain, Neolithic France, Neolithic Georgia, Iberia or other "civilizations" on that map who accomplished more architecturally speaking

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nok_culture

A bunch of terracotta, no more of a civilization than Nordic bronze age Europeans who produced hundreds of brozne swords, bronze trinkets etc

>incas were early bronze age
>at the time when euros were beginning to use gunpowder
wow, impressive

Strawman, out.

Back in the early 1500s, the Conquistador Francisco de Orellana was attempting to send his army resources to keep on fighting. Ordered to explore a nearby river, he fucked up and had to (with his crew) travel along the entirety of the Amazon Basin in what's known today as history's greatest exploration voyage.

When he eventually reached territory held by his fellow Spaniards, he was exhilarated because he had seen multiple villages or even towns large enough to be called cities throughout his travels. Excited by the prospects, this led to hundreds of thousands of Spaniards invading South America in the next few centuries.

They found nothing and Orellana was known as a liar even by his death bed.

It's only relatively recently that the belief that the Amazon was incapable of supporting civilization was disproven. The Natives within the lands were wiped out (most likely by disease) and they reverted back to their hunter/gatherer lifestyle. Deforestation of the Amazon has exposed us to miles & miles of earthworks, canals/waterways, pottery and extensive land forming.

And this was hidden only FOUR fucking centuries ago. Who knows what other civilizations could have risen and fallen from the time of the Egyptians to the Mongols and among many others. Even though life (most likely) began within Africa there have barely been any few archaeological expeditions exploring the continent (it's understandable with Africa being such a hellhole today however). Hell just look up the Atlit-Yam ruins in Israel. That's from 7000 BC itself.

>tfw we won't ever 100% know about any other ancient civilization within this lifetime.

>15000 years of offset
Pretty much. How is it not impressive? Are you a united statian?

>at the time when euros were beginning to use gunpowder
Well unfortunately for them they didn't have the Chinese to give them gun powder

But those coastal regions were flooded gradually, over the course of centuries or millenias, the inhabitants slowly moving inwards as the sea levels kept rising. It was no deluge.

In the Black Sea basin the strait of Bosporus one day broke, flooding the basin with 100 metres of water within a year or so. So that was a real deluge, inhabitants of the basin were most likely not able to flee, let alone move the whole civilization gradually inwards. So whatever civilization lived there got destroyed.

The black sea was home to the Cucuteni civilization

Fun fact: It was matriarchic society that got wiped out by patriarchic indo-europeans.

Like this shit? Gunung Padang site?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunung_Padang_Megalithic_Site
>The site was dated 6,500 years BP (before present) by carbon radiometric dating at 3–4 metres below the surface (12,500 years at 8 to 10 metres below the surface), and the artifacts at the surface date to about 4,800 years BP.

Though scientists here argue that it might not be a pyramid like the claim and it might be just an ancient volcano.

But yeah sundaland needs to be investigated.

Nah, there wasn't.

I've been to L'Anse aux Meadows, and I've read quite a lot about Norse penetration into North America. I am Canadian of """pure""" Swedish and Norwegian heritage (remote Manitoba farm town inbreeding, say whuuuut), so I've always been interested on slightly WE WUZ grounds.

While I do think Norse explorers probably ventured past Newfoundland and along the Labrador coast, possibly past Baffin Island, I don't think they settled much beyond the 'Vinland' that we already know. I've

Their colonial presence was brief, aided by slightly warmer weather at the time, but ultimately unsuccessful. This was due to shifting weather (it got colder), conflict with natives, and really just the distances at the time. You have to remember it was self-initiated/independent. The 'mother colonies' didn't give a big fuck, and were anyway themselves (then) small and remote places in Greenland and Iceland. The supply chain was just too stretched. It could have been something greater, but it didn't work out.

It didn't just one day break, but a trickle became a stream became a flood. Within a relatively short period of time, yea. While some people probably drowned if they got caught surrounded by various streams, a majority could've fled quicker than the waters if they didn't get cut off. Of course they couldn't take much with them, probably just pack animals and some food and shit. But yea, any civilization would certainly be fragmented and for all intents and purposes done.

Why would they ever build it like that? One small fire and your whole settlement is gone.

Amazon area, or doggerland

Trial and error user: you're the on-going product of it.

Yeah like that one
Here's the data from the drills they made