What would be going through your head if you where a German soldier in 1945?

What would be going through your head if you where a German soldier in 1945?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Argentine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgranodeutsch
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentinisches_Tageblatt
tageblatt.com.ar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i'd be pretty mad at the nazis and myself for letting this happen to begin with
probably kill myself out of shame

Bullets

heh.

beat me to it.

Grab your family, ditch your uniform, and run west as fast as you can.

coward scum

>gets murdered by French partisans and left in a ditch

Artillery shrapnel, very likely.

i'd be very bitter to see the failure of the german people and the pain they're experiencing (mass deportations, seizing of their ancestral lands, rape, poverty etc)

Soon I can hopefully finally go home.

when you're getting burned to death by russian flamethrowers i'm sure you'll be comforted by the idea that at least you weren't a coward huh?

>Please send us west
>Please send us west
>Please send us west

Got there before me, cunt

Edgy stormfag

>French partisans in Germany
ummm no sweetie

Sounds just like what the Germans did to everyone else

>Thread is about pretending youre a German soldier
>Get butthurt you call out all people actually participating
Pole or Frenchman?

Für Deutschland zu sterben ist uns're höchste Ehr

Probably a Jew.

>"how can i get to the Americans, as quickly as possible without getting shot?"

Die Slawen haben uns besiegt. Sie haben unser Land, unsere Nation, unsere Ideologie zerschlagen... Das bedeutet sie sind eine arische Rasse und sie werden diese Welt in die Knie zwingen...

>"shieße, Hitler ist of liar, Danzig really ist Polnisch"

"How do I get my hands on an Argentine passport?"

This.

Now Listen to me from now on usted is Ricardo klement, your parents were Maria Antonia Rodriguez y Fernando Klement. When I say Hola Ricardo you will answer Hola.
Hola Ricardo

Hallo!

>Every country makes mistakes haha surely future generations will remember Deutschland as a nation of poets and thinkers :3

>"I wish I backed the DNVP, this never would have happened under them"

I think in the 1940s argentina barely knowing spanish wouldn't even draw attention.

>I wish I wouldve backed the DNVP
DNVP was a Nazi beginning from the start of the NSDAP. As soon as they saw the possiblity for a Nazi rise, they supported it, Von Papens running office, included DNVP members and they sctively worked towards a NSDAP rule. As soon as the NSDAP took over they even changed their name to suit the Nazis better
Now, a person from 1945 wouldntve kniwn that, but the irony is still delicious

Sure, but the movement towards the NSDAP was mostly done for pragmatic reasons.

The DNVP themselves were quite distinct from the NSDAP ideologically.
Had the DNVP been the ones to take power, I'm rather confident that today Europe would be under the hegemony of a new Kaiserreich.

>Scheiße Scheiße Scheiße Scheiße. Ich muss nach Westen zu den Amerikanern kommen, bevor die Russen mich bekommen.

*chuckles*
*adjusts stahlhelm*
AKSHUALLY
>Soviet troops (150th and 171st Rifle Divisions) attacked across the Moltke Bridge covering the River Spree.[13] This was defended by German infantry and rockets, who were under pressure from Soviet tanks crossing the bridge, until the heavier anti aircraft guns from the Zoo tower could gain line of sight through the smoke. They destroyed the tanks and left the bridge covered in destroyed vehicles, which blocked further vehicles from crossing the bridge.[14] The heavier 12.8 cm FlaK 40 anti aircraft guns obliterated Soviet armour, particularly when hitting it from the side.[15]

>With thousands of civilians crammed into the facility, conditions in the Zoo tower towards the end were close to unbearable; it was crowded and had little water, and the air was hard to breathe.[16][17] As the Soviet armies advanced inexorably towards the centre of Berlin, around 10,000 German troops retreated to the Government district. The tower was never successfully assaulted, therefore it was still able to provide anti-tank support to the defenders in the Government district. For example, during daylight hours on April 30, the Soviets were unable to advance across the open areas in front of the Reichstag to attack the building because of heavy anti-tank fire from the 12.8 cm guns two kilometres away on the Zoo tower.

The weird thing is the Russians kept shoving armor in it's direction until they realized it was impenetrable. Shame the Germans didn't build these everywhere along the Oder river.

Pretty much, the German community is/was huge and predated WW1. One of the largest newspapers in the country was in German language. (It was staunchly anti-Hitler though)

That's how most Nazis managed to "blend in" the population.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Argentine
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgranodeutsch
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentinisches_Tageblatt

the zoo towers were the pavlov's house of Berlin
but whats the grain elevator of Berlin?

Now it has been demoted to a weekly newspaper though.

tageblatt.com.ar

Yet, people were neither for a Kaiser nor for a democracy. A Kaiser got them into the mess, democracy didnt change anything, so the other alternative was neither and looking at Russia, the answer wasnt Communism for the normal person.

Berlin didn't drag on as long as Stalingrad, there really isn't an equivalent.

I would be thinking how I could surrender to the US forces without getting shot by them, soviets, the nazis, or the French- who basically are vengeful dogs in this point and time

Ach mein gott, i must make haste to wilhelmshaven to get into the last uboat to the antarctic and to the under world.

>tfw the battle of berlin didn't drag on for 8 months, claim 2 million lives, and end with the Germans joining with the Americans and destroying the Soviet Union

I wish it would have been possible for us to remove the soviets as well as the nazis during the second world war

sadly it was not to be

Can you imagine how much better the world would have been if Patton got his way?

>how much better the world would have been if Patton got his way?
A nuclear wasteland?

>Patton is MacArthur
>the Soviets had nukes in 1945

in 1945? besides it would've just been the pidorashkas getting nuked.

>soviets don't have nukes till late 40s in our timeline
>world is a nuclear wasteland after Moscow is glassed in 46

How the fuck would the soviets have the bomb in 1945?

The only reason the word didn't get nuked to death was luck. Not stopping the soviets in 1945 was a mistake. Not stopping the soviets when they got the bomb from spies was a mistake. Not stopping the soviets before they had ICBM capabilities to deliver them was a mistake. Not stopping the soviets before they had the dead-hand setup was a mistake.

Western leaders were huge fucking pussies who only survived their colossal incompetence by sheer goddamn luck, and gambled the world every time.

Sorry user, Julius and Ethel Rosenburg hadn't managed to sneak nuclear secrets to the USSR yet.

fortunately the soviets were too cowardly ( or sane) to put their tough aggressive talk into action

the electric chair did nothing wrong

>Western leaders were huge fucking pussies

More like certain groups wanted wanted other Axis powers/co-belligerents- Romania, Bulgaria, Ukraine, the Baltics, Hungary, and Croatia to suffer.

>filename

"Go west, young man"

>fucking chad slavs stole my wife!