So as an American I must hold my crypto for 1 year before cashing out...

So as an American I must hold my crypto for 1 year before cashing out, but does that mean I can't sell to buy back in after a crash/dip?

Am I good as long as my money is in an exchange even if it's USD? How do I avoid losing %50 of my gains to the government?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2017/02/21/if-you-traded-bitcoin-you-should-report-capital-gains-to-the-irs/#b5489b3e3d8b
forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2017/09/08/bitcoin-virtual-currency-deals-under-600-could-become-tax-exempt/#62d55eb03bc6
archive.is/zWLly
archive.is/C4KnD
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Selling and buying back would force you to pay short term capital gains tax.

Fuck really? It's like I've gained absolutely nothing.

>Market crashing
>Can't sell because American
IT'S NOT FAIR

Wtf are you talking about user? BTC and ICOs arent applicable to "Wash Out".

Consult with a lawyer why the hell are you asking an image board with 15 year old unintelligent neets? Probably because you're one too. This place is filled with anime posting fucking morons

so much evil in this world...

Only of you have more than 10k otherwise they don't care

unless you are moving 10k or greater at once they wont give a fuck

they dont care about you 500

>can literally buy a gun at the drop of a hat.
>Extremly difficult to cash out on crypto investment.

Kek.

what the fuck are you even doing on this site

tether is not fiat.

You realized your gain in the short term. And then decided to reinvest again. You basically completed 1 trade and opened up another. Trading it to USDT doesn't legally make a difference either.

you sell to different coins or tether you fucking retards

I see. Well it's too late for me but it was under 10k so maybe I'm okay. Either way I will survive
Thanks for the response

>15 year old neets

that's p badass tho

Source? I can't find anything that confirms/denies this

This is a Mongolian Fishmoger's Board

You only have to pay tax when you realize gains, i.e. when you move money back to your account, I'm fairly sure.

Thanks god i am not american.
The gov can suck my dick.

Just say your good friend on the internet told you it'll be coo

Where are the "Sopa de macaco" jokes now?
HUEHEUEHUEHEUEHUE

CPA here. Google "wash sale" user

this. reinvesting dividends isnt subject to capital gains... what the fuck are you people on about ?

Americans also trade Bitcoins or leveraged Bitcoin contracts on Bitcoin exchanges, and they should report realized capital gains and losses on each trade, even if the trader doesn’t convert underlying Bitcoin back into U.S. dollars.

forbes.com/sites/greatspeculations/2017/02/21/if-you-traded-bitcoin-you-should-report-capital-gains-to-the-irs/#b5489b3e3d8b

Selling is nothing like earning dividends.

>cuck

i highly doubt they are tracking and logging every crypto trade you make.

What if im trading on Binance , i didnt give them any of my personal information.

forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2017/09/08/bitcoin-virtual-currency-deals-under-600-could-become-tax-exempt/#62d55eb03bc6

important info here

don't click that link unless you want to get eye cancer from the ads.
here are the two pages it consists of, archived to remove all ads and cancerous scripts:

archive.is/zWLly
archive.is/C4KnD

your fucking dumb if you put your bank account and tied yourself to fiat.