Fame and glory doesn't matter because we all will eventually die

>Fame and glory doesn't matter because we all will eventually die
>But you should be honourable and a good man
What did he mean by this?

It is called empathy, of course a literal autist like you would not understand.

He meant that when you personally become famous and have glory you can claim to the plebs that those things don't matter.

THE NOTION THAT AUTISTIC INDIVIDUALS ARE EMPATHETICALLY DEFICIENT IS ERRONEOUS; AUTISTIC INDIVIDUALS ARE ACTUALLY HYPEREMPATHIC —IIT IS SCHIZOPATHS WHO ARE HYPOEMPATHIC.

This nigga writtes like he forgets he is an emperator
"Yeah we all going to be dead, no matter who we are or what we do look cesar or Alexander they are dust, soon no even my name would be around neither its not like some virgin will be reading my thoughts 2000 years later Nope, so a short life is equal to a long one but be nice meanwhile "

I've missed you

>eschew fame and glory
>but make sure you finish that arch detailing my reign

You should be honorable and a good man because virtue is its own reward, not because they can lead to fame and glory, which are empty if you follow Stoicism.

The people who personally knew Hadrian are long dead. And so are the people who knew those that knew Hadrian. And so on.

>AUTISTIC INDIVIDUALS ARE ACTUALLY HYPEREMPATHIC
source

That's Marcus Aurelius in the picture my man

Why do you assume that fame and glory are the logical reasons to be an honourable and good man in the first place?

I know.

The Caesar that he mentioned in this was Hadrian, IIRC.
For Marcus Aurelius, the figure of "absolutely powerful man" was Hadrian. And he mentioned something like this "Hadrian is dead. And so are the people in his court. And so are most people that knew him." (he was an old man by the time he wrote the Meditation and was a young boy when Hadrian chose him as the Emperor to succeed Antoninus)

>game and glory don't matter
>except for me building these massive columns of my achievements

Hi ray :3c
Do you write in all caps cause it's how the ancient romans wrote?

Of course but Indeed today we know who hadrian, his life is a matter of study perhaps inspiration if you hate jews, so you cant just say hadrian life is equal to esculapio son of a shoe maker just because both are dust now

Even on the most exalted throne in the world we are only sitting on our own bottom.
Michel de Montaigne
(1533 – 1592) French writer

Nice

There is no score at the end, so make the game as good as possible for everyone.

"Society becomes great when men plant trees whose shade they will never sit in"

It only makes sense if you accept the Logos.

Fuck it.

You live only once, it's not only a meme but reality. Remember how many times you wanted to do something but pussied out from it and regreted it later almost every night before sleep? Don't be that person, if you want something, take it.

Manifest destiny/Might makes right are real things.