Is there a non-meme reason to do cryptos over traditional forex...

Is there a non-meme reason to do cryptos over traditional forex? I did simulation the other day and came ahead $250 in about an hour playing EUR/USD with $5k at 20:1 leverage. I think I'm gonna do it for real next week.

Other urls found in this thread:

cftc.gov/dea/futures/financial_lf.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you'll end up like the guys in kaiji if you do

you will lose everythihng in forex

its hard, real hard

Forex is terrible you have no influence or impact at all there. With coins you can actually contribute or shill or invest lots or whatever and have a meaningful impact on your own holdings

5 percent? You could make that in a single trade in crypto. But yeah, sounds like you got it all figured out user

go for it. cryptos allow a lower money entry and a 24/7 trading hours, while fx is 24/5 and usually brokers have different minimums for new accounts

Both of them are rigged as fuck.

Forex is cancer.

Those "simulations" are rigged
I made 10K with like 20 click in under 10min, wouldnt trust that

Simulations are genuinely rigged in terms of spreads, and ultimately the prices your transactions will be executed at. Do not use this as a basis for forex trading.

The FX market is extremely liquid but it is also extremely noisy. Whales do still exist in the FX market, but instead of playing long term HODLers they abuse idiots who think they can scalp a market with $5 trillion in transactions each day. With that said, forex can be extremely lucrative with an effective strategy and it is ultimately down to money and risk management. Shoot for relatively long term trades that aim to catch large market trends as these are the only consistent movements that will not be affected by the background static of the market. Try execute trades with a risk-reward ratio of 5:1 as a minimum, do your reading and have a reasonable background in macroeconomics if you want to understand how governments will try to influence their prices and what conditions will cause them to do so.

In crypto you can get lucky by memeing buying ATH's and so on, but in forex you will be punished harshly for every single mistake you make. But, by only taking trades with a strong R/R Ratio, you will not need a high success rate to be positive. Do not overtrade (try for 2-5 a week). Godspeed.

not need a high success rate to be profitable*

Don't listen to these retards, Forex is so easy to make money off if you know how to do it properly.

Easiest daytrading is forex if you can follow and handle a lot of news/data

yeah this guy's right all you need is a subscription to the economist and an investing.com account and you'll have a career on the spot

Do you use meme patterns like pennants and flags and triangles? How do you trade those? I find that buying the "breakout" on those usually results in a fake out and me getting stopped out. Very few breakouts follow through
Can you describe how you scale in and scale out of a big position?

I try to trade off of fundamentals as much as I can because my background is largely Macroeconomics, and I think Technical Analysis only has merits in its core tools, like fib retracements/fans and key resistance levels. The only other tool i've seen with a reasonable success rate is the Hunt Volatility funnel, and they guy who came up with that (Francis Hunt) has some really good FX commentary on youtube. Stay away from his crypto stuff though.

When it comes to exiting, I usually take a few points (anywhere from 3-5 depending on the situation). These are based off anything from historical resistance levels, to fib retracements, to whatever meme magic seems appealing at the time. The % of the trade closed at each exit depends on the number of exits, so a 3-stage exit might look something like 50%-25%-25%, a 6 stage maybe 30%-25%-20%-15%-10%. I dont use multiple exit points every single trade though. I dont scale stop losses either, because I set them at levels that wouldn't be crossed unless I forecasted the trend incorrectly. :)

also, changes in CTFC reports are a really good indicator of where big institutions are moving, and can help you pick upcoming trends:

cftc.gov/dea/futures/financial_lf.htm

Literally wait for any big meeting a central bank has to do

So you're not supposed to trade rapidly?

You could argue it's just down to different trading strategies I guess, but I really dont think anyone is successful scalping forex long term.

kaiji should be a Veeky Forums meme

someone should remake Kaiji but about a crypto trader instead of a degenerate gambler

kaiji is the original pink wojak

ZAWA ZAWA

Forex has been rigged for a long time.

Cryptos will fuck your boypussy tenderly from time to time, but forex will be a nigger gangbang rape.