So apprently Netflix is planning an alternative history setting in which CSA still exists to this day

So apprently Netflix is planning an alternative history setting in which CSA still exists to this day.
My question: would it be plausible that the confederate states kept slavery til this day?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=exnwTWfFRM8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generalplan_Ost
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Plausible? No
Possible? Yes

Fuel bad relation between blacks and whites

Not really. The documentary is fun but there's nothing realistic about it. Slavery would've died anyway most likely by the end of the 19th century. Maybe British would've invaded from Canada as a part of their abolitionist campaign.

No

Competing in an industrialized world requires an educated workforce, and putting slaves in war-critical heavy industry is pretty much the dumbest thing you could possibly do.

The industrial-agrarian divide would have gotten even more extreme over time, and by ww1 the union would have held a truly staggering industrial advantage over the south. The south would have been too fixated on aggression expansion west, south, and into the Caribbean and continued its trend of neglecting homeland infrastructure. If not by ww1, then by ww2 the industrial north would have ground down the south through sheer economic attrition.

Man, the Jews are relentless. They are literally orchestrating this to continue stroking tensions.

>and putting slaves in war-critical heavy industry is pretty much the dumbest thing you could possibly do.

This. Germany got plenty of its hardware sabotaged by forced labour workers from occupied countries. They didn't make it immediately visible but after some days or weeks shit would fail.

Their constitution would've made it impossible to outlaw it.

But they could still rely less and less on it, until it became a rarity.

They would find a way.
Germanys constitution forbids external war, yet we are present in Afghanistan

>white house is Confederate
>implying Confederacy conquered the USA
>when the goal was to SECEDE from the USA because northern states had enough manpower and electoral votes to dominate southern states
That's even putting aside the fact it was impossible to do. This is as retarded as it gets.
The rest of the "documentary" is generic 1950s suburban Americana (leftists hate that shit for whatever reason) with people watching commercials about slave auctions on TV. It completely fails even as alt-history, it's just retarded pulp fiction on par with Wolfenstein.

No. Even fucking M*slims outlawed slavery in the 20th century.

le Joos lololol XDDDD!!!!!!!

I'm not that guy, but he's not wrong.
>producers
>Weiss
>Benioff
>Strauss
>Spellman

or maybe, just maybe, they want to make money with a topic that is currently in the spotlight?

You were making fun of that poster for mentioning the Jews, when it's an objective fact that the show is being produced by the Jews.
It's also pretty comical when Jews were the one ethnic group that only profited from the CSA existing (numerous slave breeders and slave traders, even the secretary of state was a Sephardic Jew) and now they're trying to put the blame squarely on white people. 90% convinced Jews won't be even mentioned in the show, or at best portrayed as the victims.

Brazil kept it until 1888, and it could have pushed a few more years if it was desired. But keep it until these days? I think not.

i dont think slavery fits the society and mindset we have today. you would have to give up the entire concept of it to have slavery exist without some sort of a violent uprising happening weekly

What's wrong with Wolfenstein? It's not like it takes itself too seriously, it has giant robots and ancient Jew magic.

pretty sure jews are white, lad

>It's also pretty comical when Jews were the one ethnic group that only profited from the CSA existing (numerous slave breeders and slave traders, even the secretary of state was a Sephardic Jew) and now they're trying to put the blame squarely on white people. 90% convinced Jews won't be even mentioned in the show, or at best portrayed as the victims.
Now this is stormfront

Wolfenstein started out as low brow pulp fiction and later morphed into leftist propaganda. My point was that documentary is just as realistic or logical as Wolfenstein, that is to say not at all.

Have a (You)

Which part do you disagree with?

look white to me

True jews are black.

It's HBO, not netflix

Are we going to derail every debate with this shit? Jews are not white, they're an intermediate genos between southern Europeans and Semites, end of discussion.

>he posted this with computers made by jews

>we wuz computors

But /pol/ you keep saying Russians aren't white

strange. and I always thought white is somebody who has white skin

Russians are white.

If the Confederacy was winning decisively, it might have happened that border state like Maryland and Kentucky would have jumped ship as well. In this scenario, DC would be an enclave in a foreign nation, and would quickly be conquered or ceded.

Not at all.
The reason slavery was phased out had nothing to do with morals or ethics, or rather it did, it's just that those morals and ethics evolved because technology had made slavery obsolete, and as wealthier places no longer needed slaves, and the poorer places they looked down on still did, of course all of a sudden there was a great surge of good-hearted christian mercy, castigating slave owners with their righteousness.

It's inevitable that eventually the south would have industrialized, and slavery would be made obsolete there too, with their own politicians engaging in the same moral soapboxing from the very same high horse when they, being wealthy, no longer needed slaves.

No, absofuckinglutely not.

Jefferson Davis himself proclaimed before the war ended that he would ban slavery if Britain and France came to help him. Slavery in CSA would die sooner than it did in Brazil even if the South won.
Anyway, isn't the Civil War itself the proof that slavery is inefficient as fuck? The industrialized North was able to produce weapons, artillery and ammunition at rates the South couldn't dream of. It was a medieval tier economy that lagged significantly behind the developed world, precisely because of slavery.

>isn't the civil war itself proof that slavery is inefficient as fuck?
Sort of. The economic conditions of the south were more the result of their entire economy being built on a foundation of money coming in to the region via the sale of cash crops, which was true since even the early settlement of the south. Obviously slave labor was heavily intertwined with these cash crops and the plantations they were grown on, but it wasn't the critical factor. The north had a better manufacturing base even in the Revolutionary era, and new innovations in infrastructure and manufacturing had an infinitely bigger incentive to be established there rather than the agrarian south. This divide, and the divide in political power that resulted from it, was the real cause of the war.

Slavery was not a silver bullet. It's been gone for over a century and the South is actually even poorer relative to the north (with Texas and kind of the southeast coast being the exception)

Well that's just silly. Albinism makes white skin too. It's about genetic heritage.

Probably going to be some fallout tier setting where everyone inexplicably kept a stereotypic form of southern culture for almost 200 years.

I also expect some references to modern statements labeled as "subtle racism" being uttered with pride by some slave owner stereotype, or maybe them praising the stars and bars as some explicit symbol of white superiority, stuff that is a relevant political statement irl but would make no sense in the actual show. Obviously I'd like it to be interesting, but the fact that they have the fucking battle flag over the White House should tell anyone who cares exactly how many shits they give about history.

>wolfenstein is propaganda
Fuck off

Good goy.

>wolfenstein isn't propaganda

So... They are white then?

"Fuck Nazis" has always been a core part of Wolfenstien. If you think it 'became' political, your kidding yourself.

He's right though, the very fact that the game depicts Nazis putting africans into the concentration camps in large numbers is proof of this. Furthermore, their long-term plans for those slavs that couldn't be properly Germanized was to enslave them and have them as a source of cheap labor in their new territories in Russia.The one ethnic group the Nazis really wanted to exterminate was the Jews, everything else was negotiable.

No. It was difficult enough to maintain in the 1850s as it was. Throw in a war for independence that would've been won by the slimmest of margins and resulted in devastating loss of life and social upheaval the likes of which has never been seen and slavery wouldn't have outlived the war by more than a decade, maybe two.

Frankly that greentext for a miniseries revolving around FDR being President of the USA and Huey Long as President of the CSA has much more potential than than this piece of shit.

It's from an another movie, that's just as bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=exnwTWfFRM8

>dey dindu nuffin!

Can you provide any good source for jews profiting from the CSA or slave trade? (the daily stormer type sources need not apply)

I hope somebody saved that, because it had wads of potential. CS officer Shelby Foote saving Anne Frank. I need that.

>we reject your offer to keep slavery indefinetly
>we secede, here are our reasons, as you can see more states cite states rights than slavery
>well dump slavery if you help us secure our independence
140 years later
>b-but the civil war was about slavery
t. low IQ historically illiterate retard

I wrote it and it saved on a little textedit doc

I like playing with the idea of two people who are historically notable for completely unrelated reasons (Anne Frank for being killed in the Holocaust and Shelby Foote for his academic work on the American Civil War) crossing paths, but in a way that makes sense and and alters their destinies in a semi-realistic way rather than just a random historical cameo (i.e. Richard Nixon as a car salesman).

Anne Frank is rescued from certain death, but still plays a lesser role in bringing the crimes of the Nazis to light by telling her story to Foote, who as a young writer is looking for a topic to get into writing about. Since the American Civil War is not as prominent in Confederate culture (the actual Shelby Foote wrote that the reason the Civil War had such a strong impact in Southern culture was specifically because it had lost), his interests would naturally drift elsewhere. As a Jew, Foote feels a greater connection and sense of revulsion at Anne's telling him about Jews being taken to concentration camps which plants the seeds of his intrigue into his previously ignored Jewish heritage and the fate of European Jewry.

The Result: Alt-timeline Shelby Foote goes on to become a noted historian on the Holocaust. As both a Jew and and a Southerner, he is able to tell its the horrors in a way that resonates deeply with readers in the CSA and propels it to the public spotlike. As for Anne Frank, she goes on to have a normal life as a wife and mother, but people in the English-speaking world continue to take an interest in her because of Foote's writings and she has her diary translated and published with his help.

I would've tried writing it as a romance but that's a little too deus ex machina/fanservice and kinda weird given the age difference between them (13 years). I figured a friendship that is platonic but nonetheless significant would be more plausible.

>spotlike

*spotlight

The US Constitution outlawed the sale of alcohol at one time. Things change and slavery would most likely have ended by the 20th century.

That's a pretty neat thing to do. Have you done it with other historical figures?

Are you dumb?

I wasn't referring to that part, you cock gobbler.

First time I've written it in detail. I did come with one where Adolf Hitler and Vincent van Gogh switch historical roles but that one was satirical.

the CSA would probably still exist as it was backed by Great Britain financially to a moderate degree during the Civil War, but I don't think slavery would still exist in the CSA. their country would be one of the last countries to make slavery illegal though and ironically actual reparations would have been paid to the freed slaves.

the revisionists are right, the war was about states rights. It was about the states' rights to own slaves

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generalplan_Ost

Fuck off.

Shame its not reality,

slavery is an economic system that increased all costs while being less efficient than fully industrialized free labor

Worker slavery? No
Criminal slavery? Possible

slavery was quickly approaching the end of economic viability. Steam tractors and towed farm machines were already being used by the civil war. slaves were expensive to have. Why have a bunch of slaves when you can hire machines and temporary labor to pick the cotton and run it through the gin?

Harry Turtledove already did the definitive alt history on the CSA surviving the civil war.

They are folliwing the hype man in high castle.

If the CSA 'won' it would have ended up an economic basket case that would make Mexico looked prosperous.

Loosen up will ya?

To sabotage equipment you actually have to be intelligent and/or educated.

Ehhhh... The whole "WW2 Eastern Front transplanted to America" part didn't really make any sense.