As someone who got into crypto last month, i have to say: I understand why it will be hard to adapt for normies

As someone who got into crypto last month, i have to say: I understand why it will be hard to adapt for normies.

Even when controlling adresses 5 Times, sending alone is still nervewrecking.

What could be done to counter this?

not being a newfaggot like you you stupid fucking bitch

once upon a time, people got nervous putting money into banks

>is this really going to be here when i get back?

from time to time they panic and we have runs

you'll get use to it, like everything else before

This dude sucks his boss's dick in the supply closet. I guarantee it.

oh wow, you're new to crypto? and as a new person you can vouch for how difficult it is? interesting, very valuable input

What OP is talking about is the anxiety normies feel when they know they could fuck up sending their thousands of dollars worth of coins to the wrong address.

There is no real safety measure beyond adding some sort of white-list feature that normies can use to prevent that type of user error.

im this dude, thanks for the compliment

I would argue that this is not a problem exclusive to bitcoin.

How often do you actually send large amounts of money person-to-person with fiat?

In my experience sending large amounts of money is usually only for infrequent things like rent, and can also be nerve wracking.

Besides this main things you spend money on are in stores and sites like Amazon right? You trust these places to be credible and not scam you, this would be no different paying with a bitcoin address. You would trust their address to be correct, and it would be hidden behind a "Pay Now" type button so you couldn't mess it up.

I think person-to-person transactions with bitcoin will eventually sync with people's address books in a Venmo like way, alleviating some of the stress at the cost of anonymity.

tldr; only anonymous person-to-person transactions of high value will be stressful in the future of bitcoin imo, and these are already stressful now w/ fiat. that's the price you pay for going under the table.

Send a small amount to test first nigga.

Or if you're really paranoid, break the full amount into 5 or 10 sends

Yeah, this isn't cryptos final form you know, this is just the groundwork, businesses and banks of the future will build infrastructure on top of the blockchain

when normies get involved you won't have to copy and paste keys

this.

Even a label system works well. You name an address some shit, and when the address is correct it displays the name. You can send a little bit first to confirm, then every time you see the name you know its the right address.

rekt

This will be fixed with nameservers. One company and coin is launcing their nameservers service on the 27th, so addresses can be labeled and given names.

Are you a fucking faggot... or a fucking nigger faggot? Nerve wrecking? I transfer 100's of thousands of dollars a day on blockchain. No nerves. Maybe yuoure just a pussy

s m a r t b o i

this won't even be an issue by the time true normie adoption occurs. obviously it will all be tightened up into a GUI frontend that hides all the wizardry, like every other service that normies use.

normies don't send to addresses anyway. they buy on coinbase, notice that they made 30 bucks and go "whooaa dope" and transfer it back to their linked bank account.

A problem that WILL be fixed by IOC's DIONS bitcoin address aliases.

Instead of long strings you have quick domain like aliases (cofeeshop-io)

this IOC is literally the future for both businesses and regular people.

this
just copy paste the stuff an check pre and suffix and you are good

a company like PayPal will just hold people's crypto and people will send it through them. 90% of people don't care about it being decentralized