Can I get a quick rundown on the differences between the major and minor sects of Christianity?

Can I get a quick rundown on the differences between the major and minor sects of Christianity?

Is Protestantism not just heresy?
What's the division between Catholics and orthodox?
Are Mormons even Christian?
Why are Jesuits so gay?

Other urls found in this thread:

chick.com/reading/tracts/0031/0031_01.asp
youtu.be/L2xX8tWaTx4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

THOSE ARE JUDEOCHRISTIAN SECTS, NOT CHRISTIAN SECTS.

ULTIMATELY, THEIR MUTUAL DIFFERENCES ARE IRRELEVANT; WHAT IS RELEVANT ARE THEIR MUTUAL COMMONALITIES —ALL OF THEM ARE PERVERSE.

Seeking solace in his faith, Jogues prayed so intensely that he had visions: in one, he suddenly appeared in a bookstore covered in crosses, and bought a book that reminded him that, to enter into Heaven, it was necessary to experience many tribulations.[6]

>SUPPORTING NIETZSCHE CRITIQUE OF "CHRISTIANISM"
Nietzsche is right, and your dumb website is retarded.

>Is Protestantism not just heresy?
heresy according to who?
>What's the division between Catholics and orthodox?
politics
>Are Mormons even Christian?
yes
>Why are Jesuits so gay?
intellectuals may appear that way

I don't see how breaking from the two organizations trying to upheld traditions could be anything but heresy. Especially American Protestantism which seems like they worship a specific version of the bible rather than God.

If you think faith should be based on the bible and not tradition it's not heresy.Of course Protestantism is heresy to Catholicism and Orthodoxy but they are heresy to each other as well.
How is worshiping god's word not worshiping god?

Do they all hold the bible as God's word or do they hold it as divinely inspired writing from men.
Did god work directly through all the translators too?
There is hundreds of translations are they all directly the word of god or only a specific one?

>Do they all hold the bible as God's word or do they hold it as divinely inspired writing from men.
what's the difference really? Wouldn't god be able to make people write his word perfectly?
>Did god work directly through all the translators too?
not all, only those right in faith or when they were a direct part of god's plan
>There is hundreds of translations are they all directly the word of god or only a specific one?
A few, some think KJV is one of them. Some actually think KJV is the only version.
If you want some insight in one of the more nuttier variants of KJV onlyists you should read this.

chick.com/reading/tracts/0031/0031_01.asp

>what's the difference really? Wouldn't god be able to make people write his word perfectly?
I don't know nigga that's why I'm asking.

Yeah I had a guy hand me some of those chick.com booklets. Silly stuff.

they hold it as god's perfect word. They are forced to do so since they reject any central Church hierarchy and the bible not being perfect and open for interpretation would mean that idea is bullshit.

they are sorta fun and it's a good insight into an extremist's worldview.

I know prots hold the book as perfect I'm asking about the other major denoms.

I am sorry, I thought we were talking about the protestants. They have tradition which may swoop over anything lost in translation so perfection isn't as vital but if you want a real answer you should hope someone with a better understanding enter the thread or go look for it yourself. The Catholic church at least got a lot of men explaining the central thesis of the church.

Yeah I'm goign to look but was hoping for a TL;DR
Thanks for the bumps

>hey guys I know Jesus said to give to the poor and only worship Him as your god but we want money so now there's a magic priest man we just made up even though the bible doesn't say anything about it
>NOW GIVE UD ALL YOUR FUCKING MONEY

Cathocucks are absolutely pathetic. Keep up with your random non-biblical practices, and accept that God loves all his creations and pretty much everyone is going to Heaven

Little boy at peace
what is this place....beyond the stars?
Open up your eyes
what are these things....you're moving toward?
Head so full of wonder
worries in the past
Could it be that you are free at last?
NO!!!!
Little boy you're going to HELL!
You said bad words
threw rocks at the birds
and now this is your hotel!
You aint goin' back
this aint disneyland
it's HELL!

>pretty much everyone is going to Heaven

way to talk out your ass my man.

Come beat up that straw man even more and harsher now

>pretty much everyone is going to heaven

Then what's he point of heaven, my man?

Catholics trinity
Orthodox Father+ holy spirit>jesus

>Catholics trinity
>Orthodox Father+ holy spirit>jesus
Why do they put those two over Jesus? Orthos think Jesus was more a man than god while alive?

Mark Twain — 'If there is no smoking in heaven, I'm not interested'

It's not heaven if you can go.

>he didn't read the Bible and realize that God loves all of his creations and therefore will probably give all the non-believers a second chance to get into Heaven once they die

source it prot boy

>Jesus beats off moneylenders from the temple
>Cathocucks run a bank out of their head church

>Jesus says to seperate church and state
>Cathocucks meddle in the affairs of every Catholic state

>Jesus preaches against drunkenness
>Cathocuck cardinals are all drunkards and druggies

>Jesus cures prostitutes of demons
>Cathocucks pay for the Vatican's prostiutes

>Jesus lets the children come unto him
>Cathocucks let themselves come onto the children

>Jesus warns that the wealthy will not get into Heaven
>Cathocucks cover their churches in gold

Why do Catholics hate the word of God so much?

You are based fellow protestantfriend.

>breaking from the two organizations trying to upheld traditions
Seriously, stop drinking alt-right kool aid about "muh defense of our traditions." There's a ton of change and development, especially in the Roman Catholic church. For one thing, you're just factually wrong: the Reformation occurred in the Western church, not the Eastern one. Second, they did so (in their eyes) on the basis of adherence to tradition. Luther himself wrote in his polemics against the Anabaptists that it's from the Roman church that they received "the true holy Scriptures, true baptism, the true sacrament of the altar, the true keys to the forgiveness of sins, the true office of the ministry, the true catechism in the form of the Lord’s Prayer, the Ten Commandments, and the articles of the creed." You can find much the same in the writings of the Reformed fathers. In the Second Helvetic Confession, perhaps historically the most widely-adopted Reformed confession, the early councils as well as the writings Latin and Greek fathers are explicitly declared to be authoritative in the Reformed churches. The Reformers appealed constantly to the Church Fathers and the traditions of the church.

>Especially American Protestantism
Current-day American Protestantism is about as Protestant as current-day American Catholicism is Catholic. Which is to say, not very. Also, there really isn't a single "specific version of the bible" adopted universally by American Protestants. You will find some KJV-onlyists, but they're something of an oddity, and not a majority. Usually they do so on the basis of a view of textual pedigree which favors the Byzantine textual tradition (textus receptus) over the Alexandrian texts modern translations are based on. You'll find widespread adoption of the RSV, ESV, NKJV, NASB, NIV, et al.

The Protestant view of inspiration is actually one of the most Catholic things about them: they are pretty much a direct continuation of medieval Catholic thought.

>pretty much everyone is going to Heaven

"But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."
- The Gospel according to Matthew, Ch. 7, v.14.

Thanks

Catholics aren't Christian.

*Romans

He can, but people decided to write their own versions without the spirit guiding them and thus created Apocrypha tier fan fiction versions of the Bible.
He was stated to be the only one without sin. Not the three without sin. The only one. How did he feel pain otherwise?

>Is Protestantism not just heresy?

Denying the True Presence is denying Jesus. They are heretics.

Olden days: Patriarchs/Kings paranoid over foreigners running the Church.
Modern days: Patriarchs be all independent listening to nobody and shiet.

>Are Mormons even Christian?

No, they are polytheist.

>Why are Jesuits so gay?

They're academics, it comes with the turf.

Catholics aren't Christian

>the True Presence
What's that?

>Denying the True Presence is denying Jesus.
If you mean the "Real Presesence," then neither the Reformed nor the Lutherans do. Nor do the Anglicans. And those are pretty much the real Protestants. They deny Transubstantiation (which is an RCC doctrine but not an Eastern Orthodox or Protestant one) but they do not deny the Real Presence. Even Zwingli might not have actually denied it, and he comes the closest to such denial from the Reformed tradition.

>Why are Jesuits so gay?
>They're academics, it comes with the turf.
There's more to it than that. Jesuits tend to be much more liberal in their theology and politics, and they tend towards the denial of orthodox theology and Catholic social teaching. They're known amongst unbelieving and liberal Catholic elites to be the "intellectuals" of the faith, but really that title more properly belongs to the Dominicans, at least when it comes to orthodoxy, orthopraxy, and philosophy.

youtu.be/L2xX8tWaTx4

>Cathocucks let themselves come onto the children
every time

What's non-Judean Christianity to you? Gnosticism?

Jesus was a Jew from Judea, heralded as King of the Jews by Christians, and claimed to fulfill Jewish OT prophecies. I can kinda understand pagans and atheists being antisemitic, but it really makes no sense for anyone of abrahamic faith.

>Mormons are polytheistic

Sure, but I don't see how trinitarians aren't. Do you consider Hinduism monotheistic?

Not him but Acts 24:15 says there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked.

I thought they discontinued that haircut

That just sounds like Buddhism with more god.