I just sent 5000 BNT to a bitcoin adress.... Am I fucked? How do I get it back

I just sent 5000 BNT to a bitcoin adress.... Am I fucked? How do I get it back.

it's gone
kys

Look at it this way: you saved yourself the pain of watching that 5,000 BNT reach its true value of ((( ZERO ))) slowly by simply accelerating the process.

You did it because you love you.

BNT was going to 0 anyways. Good riddance.

ALWAYS SEND A TINY AMOUNT TO TEST.
ALWAYS SEND IN 10% INCREMENTS AFTER THAT.
DON'T SEND CRYPTOWHEN YOU'RE IN A HURRY.

fucking wise words of wisdom here where were you yesterday????????

you are a fucking retard aren't you ?

this is really the stupidest thing about crypto, fancy not being able to code it so it rejects back to sender

I'm killin gmyself tonight. That was everything.

I'm sorry user
you could've sold low

Is it your own bitcoin address? If yes then it might be solvable.

wait what, bnt is an eth token. The addresses don't mix

I don't understand what the confirmations are for if these things can happen.

Contact the bancor team on telegram, they can manually rollback failed / invalid txs since the bnt contract is under their control. But if you sent from exchange, yeah u is fucked

Most cryptocurrencies have a checksum in their address to prevent mistyping, but
* Ethereum is actually one of few that don't have a checksum. (Er, I think they have a goofy optional checksum but that doesn't really help in this type of case.)
* Some altcoins used Bitcoin's exact same checksum algorithm with no tweaks, so Bitcoin and that altcoin can't tell each other's addresses apart.

Do not use a rope. Most people fail when trying to hang themselves.

I sent from bittrex......

What address did you send to? Etherscan us.

Its gone I have already accepted it. I need to go throw up ill brb

good luck with your LARPing

Good idea about contacting the bancor team.
It's worth a try at least.

Try anyway and contact the bancor team, might need to involve bittrex support later but see what the team got to say first

You have no idea how much I wish I was.

try this. they'll help if they can.

I really appreciate you guys. I will try but I feel like its over. It was a fun run anons but I lost it all on some dumb shit.

Then you have a lot to learn user.
The miners confirm the transaction being made by including it in a block.
They don't fucking care where you send what to

post txid

its only money dude
5000 bancor is like, ~2.7 btc worth
so you lost $12k

yeah it sucks but its not the end of the world bud

you should definitely try though

>"12.7k is not much"
>tfw your portfolio is like 300 bucks and that already feels like huge sums to you

Not everybody is a whale. I would be outright suicidal if I lost that much money.

please im trying to stop him from ending himself here

>Today, at the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour, working 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year yields an annual income of only $15,080

if he can hold a minimum wage job it only set him back one year. NOT WORTH KILLING YOURSELF OVER M8

Me too, it's almost 6 months of income worth for me

>send in 10% increments

Dude you wanna go broke on fees? Just don't be a retard and send to the correct address..

Suck it x5000 faggot. That's what u get for dealing with kikes.

WHITE POWER

THIS IS NOT A DRILL GUYS!! THIS GUY IS LEGIT GNNA KILL HIMSELF OMG 12k USD GONE!!! SOMEONE CALL THE HOTLINE THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!

get a grip saddo

Don't kill yourself. We need more useful stupid people like you.

>useful stupid
a useful stupid would send it to some other user's address or sold low
this is nothing but waste if true

well... theoretically if its lost forever then it made everyone elses bancor slightly more valuable

I feel stupid for asking this, but what happens to coins when they get send to an incompatible address? Are they lost forever, effectively decreasing the total coin supply?

can't bancor tokens be created thereby offering an unlimited supply? after all, its raison d'etre it to provide liquidity

A coin sent to the wrong address is as good as a burned coin. Like what this slut said,

They're still part of the total coin supply, they just won't be in circulation. Think of them like dollars hidden in a place nobody can found.

Probably. A lot of coins have already been lost forever.

The funnier thing is that his 12k USD used to be 17.5k

clever boy

Bittrex would have gotten an invalid address error while sending. If it somehow got through, the bnt contract would reject it as well. So did the tokens remain in bittrex wallet, or got stuck in the bnt contract (unmoveable). Bancor team should be able to trace it and rectify

>Bancor team should be able to trace it and rectify

Rectify it right in their own pockets probably.

Twice post noice post

Wait... are you telling me, that bittrex doesn't reject a BTC address on an ETH transaction?

Sorry, OP. What done is done. Bancor is literally unstopable

Seems like it.
Also makes you think.

If bittrex did something stupid like ignore the non-hex characters of the address, then it could've worked.

It wouldn't be up to the bnt contract to reject anything. By the time the ethereum contract gets called, it's handed the address encoded into bytes. The bytes could have any value and be a valid address.

kek

I HAVE ABSORBED ANOTHER SOUL

Please don't kill yourself. Its only money.

You will definitely make much more in your lifetime.

You never know whats around the corner friend, opportunity awaits.

If you think it feels bad now, just wait till it moons

>I sent from bittrex....
they warn you about to check the wallet otherwise coins are lost like 1000 times before you send them.
sorry OP i know you feel bad but this was very dumb take it as a lesson and be less superficial on crucial decisions

There will be 0 confirmations, so you should be able to cancel it on your withdrawals page.
I have done it in the past so it works.

06/12/2017 ETH 5.25000000 Cancelled

It's in you bittrex wallet page, sorry. Just cancel it.

Display rows

txid/addresses or fake

If you used Bittrex and it's over 5k IIRC, they have a service to get it back for .1 BTC. It doesn't work 100% but worth a try. Not sure whether they charge you if unsuccessful.

You deserve it for supporting that kike whore.

what happenes to the coins? do they get burnt away if the address is invalid?

Even if you dont get it back, it's a lesson. Dont make the same mistake twice and you're good to go. Take a few days off trading and simmer down.

You're gonna make it, user!

er post portfolio pls and tell me how i can be a part of this wonderful coin

livestream, drink boiling water, dubs get!

First I want to start by saying the obvious. Do not kill yourself. It is extremely selfish to put your loved ones through that kind of emotional trauma just because you can't muster up the balls to keep going when times get tough.

If you are still going to do it, I recommend using pills so that whoever finds your body doesn't have to have a burned in image of their friend/family covered in blood or missing a part of their face.

This a 1000%.
Pills are the best choice for all parties

I would pay a couple hundred BNT to witness this live actually

*whoa* how did i get these 5000 bnt in my bitcoin wallet?

thanks OP

That picture.

Holy kek that's one of the best pink wojaks I've seen yet

$10,000 gone in the blink of an eye.
F U C K

Post the transaction ID or this is a larp

10k is nothing compared to what it will be worth in 1-2 years.

hahaha 10k is nothing, I've lost ~2000 eth because of that stupid checksum bug (and it is a bug, i see no reason why sending to a random hex value should be possible) , you get over it. gl OP

Do it now OP

larping nigger, who is dumb enough to send their full stack at once

Im still new to all this coins shit, can someone explain how OP fucked up so it doesnt happen to me.

Thanks.

it's like putting an envelope with around $12,000 in cash, in the middle of the pacific ocean, then flying to mainland europe and wondering where it is now.

so wait... why did you sent it to a random hex value? im confused

post stream link

>suicidal about 12k
what the fuck.

mistype

You deserve it for going all in on a jewcoin

What happens to crypto sent to the wrong address.
Is it like an aborted baby in limbo?

Know nothing, goy.

STOP ASKING QUESTIONS GOY

Why?

Wow my BNT wallet just received 5,000 coins... what gives?

Is op dead?

what ethereum client lets you send transactions to a completely random value?

shouldn't it check to make sure its actually a proper hex value? bitcoin addresses fail the first most basic test of whether an address is valid or not.

One can hope

nice