A constitutional monarchy is a decidedly progressive force

A constitutional monarchy is a decidedly progressive force.

Why? Because it keeps the conservative/authoritarian element of the society in check. Every society has people with a desire for a paternal figure on the top, who they want to respect unconditionally. Usually these are the same type of people who value tradition and are opposed to change

In a republic, it is most likely that an actual politician will fulfill this paternal role and he accumulate a lot of power, since his followers will, as their nature dictates, be loyal to the end to him. This causes long periods of conservative or reactionary politics in republics.

In a monarchy however, that conservative/authoritarian element can project their need for a paternal leader to the king (who is also a beacon of tradition and often religious value, even better for conservative types). In short instead of respecting and electing a paternal politician, a mostly powerless monarch will be the target of that respect. Someone like Putin could not come to power in a monarchy because there is no need for making a spiritual leader out of a politician when you have a real king (Mussolini doesn't count, Fascism was a revolutionary movement, definitely not a conservative one). So progressives can push through many reforms they support while conservatives are content worshiping a powerless king.

Case in point: the most stereotypically progressive countries, such as Sweden, Norway, Holland, Britain, Belgium are all monarchies.

Other urls found in this thread:

jacobitemag.com/2017/08/04/why-liechtenstein-works-self-determination-and-market-governance/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Monarchies with little to no power and who are at the mercy of their parliament.

all itd take is a male king and law/civil war for him to become an absolute monarch. Hardly keeping them in check when the framework and history of the country lean towards his personal rule.

>symbolic monarchies don't fulfill the duties of actual monarchies
wowee

Have you seen this article OP?
jacobitemag.com/2017/08/04/why-liechtenstein-works-self-determination-and-market-governance/

I unironically agree, OP. I've said it before (I'm from a Balkan shithole) that the best thing we could do is restore the monarchy.

The traditionalists get their figurehead, the country gets an apolitical unifying force, we avoid split government/Pres-PM squabbles, and monarch himself (being Western educated) would be a progressive force, thus nullifying the right-wing impulse.

>right-wing impulse
Agree on most except this part. A phenomena i notice is distinctly left wing nationalism. Ramblings of evil capitalists who work against the nation.

It's quite alright dissing democracy when you're a wealthy king with the power of veto over your subjects.

>it is constitutional monarchist thread

Fucking cucks, if you are a monarchist could you at least support one that isn't 100% cucked (I.e. absolute monarchy).

>conservatives r bad
>progressives r gud
Such an unbiased viewpoint, OP.

>Case in point: the most stereotypically progressive countries, such as Sweden, Norway, Holland, Britain, Belgium are all monarchies.
Can't wait to be all progressive and replace the native population with the regressive 3rd world. At last I truly see.

>we iz all slaves withouts liberalism

heh
*teleports behind you*
read moldbug kid

>conservatives r bad
>progressives r gud

Nobody said that. It is objectively true that conservatives feel more respect and pride for the monarch. Here in Britain, when the queen maked a public appearance, I guarantee you that most of the people you can see cheering for her and waving flags voted Tory.

Saudi Arabia, Morocco, and Thailand are monarchies, but not progressive. OP BTFO

> constitutional monarchies are good
> shows a man that used taxpayer money to fund several safaries with rich Arabic despots, and bought a house in the expensive part of Madrid's outskirts for his concubine

The heir apparent of Saudi Arabia is a very progressive force. Morocco is very progressive for a muslim country. Thailand, seriously? The country known for all sorts of debauchery?

wtf why does he look white?
Hispanics are brown people

Spain is white. And upper class new world Hispanics are generally white (because of colonial and genetic social structure)

> Spanish
> hispanic

hispanic from Hispania, burger

>mexicans
>white

Nice try

The ones you have in the States are not the upper class Hispanics he's referring to.

>not supporting a feudal monarchy

The Wizard token monarchy
The Virgin despotism
The Chad Prussian constitutionalism/Hereditary executive checked by democratic institutions