What's your opinion on minimalistic design and architecture? I really like it. As it is simple yet visually appealing...

What's your opinion on minimalistic design and architecture? I really like it. As it is simple yet visually appealing. However some people I know hate it, saying it's too sterile and has no individuality. What are your thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E_jwv2QMtAo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What the fuck does this have to do with history you dumb fuck. You posted a picture of a modern kitchen

Is architecture not a humanity? What if I posted some old ass greek buildings and talked about them?

I'm not too big of a fan of it to be honest, however, that style is becoming quite common within our society. Of course it's different looking from the average household in 1978, but it's there. Overall, just not a fan of it.

That would be fine then. That's how you skirt the rules properly. It's like trying to make a black hate thread. You have to disguise it as an underhanded jab that is only somewhat relevant to history.

Yes, make your house look like an Afghan clay hut.
Now all you need to do is beat your wife for talking without permission.

What?

My favorite architecture style is baroque, which is basically the antithesis of minimalism, so I'm pretty against it. Aesthetically, it feels empty and shallow. Absolutely nothing is conveyed beyond a vague sense of "futurism".

It's a social engineering scheme to acclimate people to a diminished standard of living.

For me it's too much. May just be since I'm an autistic spazz. But I remember as a kid locking myself in a closet as it wasn't very stimulating. No noise or light or sound.

Less is more, an overabundance of detail is pointless clutter.

That's nihilism talking.

Why do you keep using words you don't understand?

I don't know much about architecture but I love minimalist music.

youtube.com/watch?v=E_jwv2QMtAo

Life is full of detail, to deny detail is do deny life. Minimalism is the mark of a nihilistic outlook on life, one that seeks to tone life down as much as possible because it's too much to handle. Also
>Everyone who disagrees with me is wrong
Still probably the nihilism talking desu

source: my ass
I'd rather prefer a clean, tidy and simple living space than some kitchy monstrosity full of useless junk i don't even need in everyday life.

Hoarding is a legitimate disorder and people who compulsively surround themselves with more and more stuff just seek escapism in material values from their empty, shallow life.

See you have no grounding in good or bad, no taste, details are all the same. It's just a reflection of how you internalize values. It's nihilism. A baroque masterpiece is the same as boxes and magnets because what difference does it make, it's all useless right?

>good or bad,
Ah yes, details = GOOD, no details = BAD. Are you a child? That's how a child thinks looking at colorful pictures in books.
I don't need fucking baroque masterpiece in my room because i'm not an insecure overcompensating faggot, just as i don't need magnets and boxes because i'm not a hoarding subhuman. Kill yourself.

>details = GOOD, no details = BAD
If that's what you think I said, you need to learn how to read. You think the exact opposite, which is childish. You cannot discern good details from bad details and instead just claim to dislike all details.

Yes, that is what your argument comes down to. You're one of those "muh aesthetics" fags who are pretty much an adult equivalent of children looking at colorful pictures in books. It's shallow, childlish and insecure.

Keep hoarding those baroque paintings, i'm sure it will drive the emptiness out of your life.

No see, you've made my argument for me already. You think that I think all details are good and no detail is bad. That picture you posted of a cluttered room, that is incredibly detailed and it looks like shit. The picture of a baroque room a few posts up is incredibly detailed and looks good. I have taste in what detail is good and what isn't. You're the one sitting here saying that all detail is bad, no detail is good. Because you have no taste in detail, you can't tell good detail from bad detail so baroque architecture looks the same to you as a closet. It's angsty teenage nihilism.

You had no argument to begin with except "no details = nihilism" which is a comparation only mentally challenged person would make.
>I have taste
Ah yes. the superior gentleman of refined tastes. Totally not an overcompensating faggot.

You know what happened with that gaudy crap you so love? People got sick of it everywhere, especially after the industrial revolution. Gaudy surplus detail everywhere. So then groups came out with stuff with less clutter and simpler forms from various ideas and people took to it.

You like baroque, good for you. I mean it sincerely. It's not my place to mandate your taste but i am so sick and tired of whiny "But the mean (insert strawmen here)'s have taken away our ornate stuff and replaced it all with nothing but boring minimalism everywhere and made everyone but us smart enlightened people who have a true sense of taste bought into it because they are mindless sheep!"

SO MANY DETAILS

>I don't have an argument so I'll call you an idiot
Aw it's okay sweetie :^)

>Complaining about strawmen with a strawman
>So nihilistic that you can't help but argue in subjective terms
>Subconsciously realize that what you like is shit so associate it with unenlightened mindlessness

It's a symptom of the uniquely late 20th century phenomenon of the bourgeois aristocracy. You have a whole generation of rich who have forgotten how to be rich, and are spending millions of dollars on a conspicuously well-made version of what you can buy at Ikea for a few hundred.

I hate minimalism, but equally dislike Rococo horror vacuui

Pic is maximum comfy