fat lovers get out

They were jewish so they're autmotically best dynasty

Ming Dynasty is better

SO...

Han Dynasty VS Roman Republic.

STOP

Rome.

Now what are we comparing again?

Tang was overextended and succumbed to infighting very rapidly (this after losing all those western regions to the Muslim). Chinese only like it because it was big. Song dynasty better in every way.

>dynasty whose sole purpose is to lose

>I regurgitate state propaganda

Another 50c added to your account. Why are Chinese shills such size queens?

why is chinese history so boring

>hurr i kill every single successful general i have
>wonder why people are deserting to the mongols
>lose

Song is literally what happens when nerd betas get into power and think they can win a war on technology alone while killing the actual alpha chads doing the fighting

Tang > Han > Song > Ming > Qin = Sui > Yuan > shit >>> Qing

>chinese history
>boring

Still managed to hold out against the Mongols for three decades, which is far more than can be said for all those guys out west that the Mongols steamrolled in a handful of years.

Also Song dynasty was founded by a general who started a military coup and overthrew the existing emperor, it's understandable that he would set things up to stop this from happening to him.

Would you prefer they end up like Rome where generals keep declaring themselves to be Augustus every couple of weeks?

because Li Bo and Du Fu

which is why the mandate of heaven is a dumb meme and divine right is better

Nope.

More like the Song Dynasty was traumatized by the sheer power the Tang gave their military commanders and the subsequent abuse of that by the Jiedushi and went "Let us have that NOT happen again."

Every dynasty falls for the meme that ruined the previous dynasty. Prove me wrong.

t. An Lushan

the correct lesson was never to trust a T*rk

Ming because Yongle was so fucking brutal he made Qin seem tame.

Chinese history is the opposite of boring

There are 3000 years of chinamen killing each other over memes and territory

Is there a meme I'm missing here?

In the later Tang dynasty fat women were fetishized

As I said, Song > Tang in every single way. The Tang is seventy years of glory and two hundred years of chaos. All these LARPers would never want to live in it. They want an overhead view like their meme grand strat games.

Meanwhile, life in the Song...

Tang dynasty had too many foreigners and foreign religion. Ming is better.

That reminds me of one of the points Keay makes in his book about China. All of China's greatest achievements seem to happen during supposed low points - when there isn't a single big dynasty ruling over everyone. For example, pretty much the entire basis of Chinese culture comes from the Warring States period. Confucius and Sun Tzu sprung from that, and all the major cultural points seem to come from the interdynastic periods rather than the dynasties themselves.

The Song were an interesting case - they technically were the "official" dynasty, but they lacked the kind of regional hegemony we see in the other Chinese dynasties and were in many ways eclipsed by the Jurchen Jin to the north. At one point, they even declared the Jin to have lost the Mandate of Heaven as casus belli for a war.

But despite being far from the regional hegemon that all the other Chinese dynasties were, the Song were arguably the most prosperous. A host of new technologies came out of the dynasty, and the China prospered like never before even after losing the northern regions that were the heartland of the old China.

Meanwhile, all the dynasties seemed to follow the same trend of peaking at the beginning with the establishment of the dynasty followed by a long and painful decline.

S-source?

Qing, China must grow Larger

This. All other dynasties were Chinalets.

that makes sense, necessity is the mother of invention after all. I feel like this is true in the west as well.

He was a real human bean and a real hero.

You can see Chinas borders clearly, just from this picture.

We wuz tangs n shit

Qing or get out

Han.

Qing was terrible. I give it props for getting all that clay tho.

With leaders like Tang Tai-Tsung on top of canal projects, promotion of long-distance trade, printing of paper money, reforms in agricultural architecture and technology and the establishment of a remarkably efficient post-system, there really can't be any other dynasty that compares to the Tang.

When you end the medieval period in your nation and your culture is imitated by your neighbors for thousands of years after the collapse of your dynasty, I'd say your legacy is damned-near unbeatable.

Ming dynasty was probably the highest point if Chinese civilization.

They had managed to harmonize Buddhism, neo-confucianism and Taoism/Chinese folk religion.

Huge organised state armies, that were able to extend the sphere of influence of China to South E. Asia, and protect Korea from the Japanese.

Literature and the arts were growing, especially travel and exploration literature, and the chinese novel like Journey to the West begun at that time, also huge emphasis on poetry.

It really is depressing how they declined and fell. Qing really added nothing to both the technological and cultural advances of the Ming.

Qing added that clay though. All that glorious clay. Besides Ming were isolationist mongs that were stagnant themselves

Ooo, tibet! ooo, desert areas! ooo, that bit of Russia here and there even the Russians don't really want anymore!

so much clay! So appealing to the grand strategy autist who only cares about how big his cunt looks on a map.

How's that maritime trade ban devastating the coastal economies working out for you?

Clay is overrated. You can be powerful even if you don't have much clay.

DECISIVE
TANG
STRATEGIC
VICTORY

Japs pirates did that

I need more examples of Chinese madness

who /TANG'D/ here?

youtube.com/watch?v=19SvFq95vWs

>Zhang Xun had long wanted to give the Yan morale a major blow, and the best way to do this would be to hurt or kill the Yan general Yin Ziqi. However, in an age before photography, the problem was that Zhang had no idea what Yin Ziqi looked like, not to mention he would be in a mix of soldiers. Zhang therefore turned to psychology. He ordered his troops to shoot weeds, instead of arrows, at a few enemy soldiers. When these soldiers noticed that they were being shot by weeds, hence were not killed, they were overjoyed. They promptly ran to Yin Ziqi to report that the Tang army had already run out of arrows. Zhang Xun noticed where the soldiers ran and ordered his best archers to shoot at Yin Ziqi. One such arrow hit Yin Ziqi in his left eye, throwing the Yan army instantly into chaos. The siege ended with the expected major blow to the Yan morale.