>wake up
>brutalism still exists

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/wrathofgnon/status/883181352933236736
youtube.com/watch?v=S5TkbpMaeAA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>wake up
>who gives a fuck

the only thing wrong with that building is the ugly as fuck gray colour.

Thank God

Gray colour only makes it better

I unironically like brutalism. Effiicient, clean, and comfy.

if you live in a country where the sky is grey 80% of the year, having the buildings be the same way is enough to make you suicidal. just some nice happy colours, that's what i want

Seems like a cool place to play some 3d labyrinth game in the dark.

Why would sky color and building color have anything to do with suicide?

>wake up
>i still exist

i meant depressed and i don't know why. it's dull and ugly.

But colourful architecture looks out of place in a region where gray skies are prevalent and it often rains, brutalist architecture looks best in precisely such a surrounding, I know because I live in northwestern Russia. But, unfortunately, concrete façades do not age well in damp, cloudy climates. In these climates, the concrete becomes streaked with water stains and sometimes with moss and lichens, and rust stains from the steel reinforcing bars.

When you're depressed, everything is dull and ugly. Why single out brutalist designs?

Seems stupid at best, and retarded on average.

no, in my first post i said that the only thing i didn't like was the colour. the building is beautiful and very interesting.
>northwest russia
holy shit, im sorry. but jokes aside, they painted an apartment building down the street from me in a dark red that used to be grey a few years ago and it really made it better. then they painted the building next to it a pale sort of green. i hope they'll keep going and do the same for more places.

So as a depressed person, you are able to enjoy other colors besides the brutalist colors?

That doesn't sound like depression at all, unless you're talking about pop-culture depression which is basically anything you don't like.

no you obtuse cunt im not claiming red painted houses cure depression im saying how your enviorment looks can have an effect on your mood.

The world is a myraids of mood changing factors. If you were to remove all the negative mood changing factors, there would be no colors left.

got me mad. well played.

Brutalism unironically brightens my mood.

Some things are more dull and ugly than other things, user. Brutalism being one of such things.
But on the bright side, at least it's not trying to be "interesting".
I'll take brutalism over this kind of tripe any day.

t. never lived in post ussr country

>wake up
>OP is still a fag

I've seen that building and it's beautiful.Prague is literally packed with medieval stuff, this one building in a wildly different style harmonizes and complements the medieval around it, it's not like in America or Britain where a city might have one or two attractive buildings and a weird looking thing like your pic just detracts.

Colors affect how you feel.

Eh, blame my medieval/classic fetishism, but I think it just sticks out like a sore thumb. Then again I've never been to Prague, so I only have the pictures to go by, it might look better viewed in person.
It's also one of the less offensive examples I could find, in that I find it distasteful, but it doesn't elicit an outright "this should be torn down" feeling.

That’s a cool looking apartment complex (other then the gray color) and more interesting then the conventional rectangular box most are, though the maintenance costs are no doubt a bitch.

and its beautiful

USSR country dampens everything, regardless of building type

>he isnt /artdeco/

This is the thread for you my man: twitter.com/wrathofgnon/status/883181352933236736

Tbh bright colors don't suit an environment that is grey&dark for most of the year, instead if one desires color in their buildings they should use mellow tones that do not look garnish even during the darkest and most grey periods.

t. northern finland

Are you dumb

Art Deco is the most tasteless type of modernist architecture.

t. brutalcuck

Brutalism is objectively superior to Art Deco in almost every respect, only someone as dumb as an animeposter would disagree with this.

I'm more of an Art Nouveau guy but brutalism isn't even a real style, it's just shit.

t. nu-male

t. western european so a numale by default

poorly utilized space means less rooms , less rooms to rent means higher rent payments

I'm Russian

Spizdivai suchechka

How do we fix architecture?

Make it about beauty again.
Yes, i realize art doesn't need to be all about beauty, but architecture should.
No one wants a city where you have to keep staring at ugly shit constantly.

DÏD SÖMEONE SÄY BRÜTALISM?

I love brutalism, keep going!

That's great, reminds me of my childhood

This, but not favela-tier rainbow colors. 2 or 3 tones max, like in coastal italy or britanny

The problem isn't fruity liberal arts architects trying too hard to be "creative" and coming up with silly shit like that and OP. The problem is more uniformity and mass production. In the past every builder was also somewhat of an architect, they weren't following plans to the letter and making carbon copies of the last house in the row.

Nowadays people mass produce garbage in exactly the same way instead of expounding on diamonds in the rough thus producing even more new things.

We need more garbage. Counterintuitive, I know. It doesn't hurt to scold fruity hipsters for expecting us to think they are the shit when they're not, but you have to sift through garbage if you want to find something new and exciting, as with most things, and we need people to produce garbage.

I actually live here. The whole complex is the backdrop of a Yugoslav classic early 80's children movie, if you want to up the nostalgia content.
youtube.com/watch?v=S5TkbpMaeAA

This isn't brutalism.

the building is located on the edge of a small city. What could be wrong about it?

I AM THE SENATE!!

>Efficient
>Clean
>Comfy
I'm convinced you are actually an alien posting on this forum for some reason.
That OP is the antithesis of those adjectives.

AYY LMAO

I remember driving by this thing in Canada and being confused to all shit

City 17?

>clean
>comfy
Do you actually know brutalism other than from pictures?

Doesn't look even remotely similar other than being Eastern Europe.

>wake up
>never read a book on architecture
>dont know a lick of architecture history
>make a thread

>you need an unfair bias in order to discuss a subject

This was pretty cool at the expo.

>get home
>have to change elevators 3 time and walk down different hallways to get to apartment.

I live in a city with a large number of brutalist structures. Someday, I'm going to lovingly photograph all of them and start a thread on /pol/ or somesuch to trigger the majority and elicit the admiration of the distinct minority who correctly like these obdurate, grey land-bound spaceships.

>wake up
>gives a fuck
>cleans it up

This is real. It's why port towns in places like the North Atlantic and other grey places have a tradition of painting their houses many different bright, cheery colors - so there's something else to fucking look at.

Pic related: a view of Nuuk, Greenland. Similar port views include St. John's, Newfoundland and Copenhagen, Denmark.

Dad knows a fair bit about military history and has told me that colorful picture books are kept aboard submarines for the same reason. Though I wasn't able to corroborate this with an anecdote or three, it's both plausible and makes total sense.

Nuuk, Greenland.

The amount of sunlight is correlated to depression and suicide.

>I don't know anything about these structures other than seeing them of pictures
>I dismiss the accounts of people who actually live completely surrounded by them
You're an idiot. I'm assuming Anglo.

In Gdańsk they tried to build new tenement houses that would look like the ones from the past at least in spirit. You can say it's modern but it fits the older buildings. It's possible not to ruin your city.

while this is true, some people with mood disorders are negatively affected by sunlight, as the spike in serotonin causes mania and psychosis. I'm bipolar 1, and i fucking love grey and gloom.

fullbright 1

looks very comfy though

crash the real estate market with no survivors. Why make something nice when you can sell a shitty mcmansion for the same price

From my country

Is this brutalism?

That is beautiful