Let me shill you on this fucking coin Veeky Forums, because I think it is really fucking cool

Let me shill you on this fucking coin Veeky Forums, because I think it is really fucking cool.

Everyone knows what a hedge fund is. Most people even know that there has recently been a boom in crypto hedgefunds. The thing about crypto hedgefunds, though, is that US law only allows expert, institutional investors to participate, and all hedge funds require a buy-in of at least 250,000 USD, some up to a million. That's where this shitcoin comes in. They're partnered with a handful of wall street ETFs, a few private investors and a lot of other crypto hedges. What they do is create a portfolio using their pooled fund (BTC, ETH, shitcoins and various ICOs) and sell a finite number of tokens that represent a proportionate portion of their portfolio. That means instead of investing $1000 for instance, and in return receive the correct proportion of the profits of all the same cryptos in their portfolio (like a normal hedgefund) you buy a token which represents a stake in their fund, and the price of the token rises and falls with the fund's portfolio, PLUS the value that exchange speculation adds. The cherry on top? You can cash out in fiat THROUGH THEM. They've raised over 25 million from preinvestors, and have gotten a LOT of press on large websites. I expect this ICO price to at least 3x on speculation alone, and only grow steadily over time as they hedge their portfolio.

>techcrunch.com/2017/09/06/blackmoon-to-ico-its-blockchain-based-platform-for-tokenized-investment-funds/
for brainlets

Other urls found in this thread:

ether.direct/2017/09/01/blackmoon-crypto-a-deeper-analysis/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>following US laws on hedge funds
Are they also following securities laws? Is this ICO registered with the SEC or are they utilizing an exemption?
>the price of the token rises and falls with the fund's portfolio
How are they accomplishing this? Active market manipulation? A fixed smart contract that buys all tokens at a certain price? Or are they relying on the traders to emulate this. If it's the third one, then this has to be a giant meme if there is no equity tied to the tokens.

As far as I can tell, I believe that profits from their trading portfolio are put directly into their token (minus their brokerage fee) as a way of paying dividends in equity to their investors

It's literally Iconomy 2.0. I'll pass.

Yeah, but comparing this team of traders and strategists to iconomi's is like comparing Clara Devine to Lizzie Velasquez. Plus they're based in the caymans, so their profits that would have been taxed go straight to their token

I'm already sold, nigga. If there's one thing I can trust the ruskies with, it's how to launder money. Given that this is being backed by a large company that isn't just going to vanish overnight, I think it's a sure bet.

From what I understand, US can't participate in the dividends, we can only get the profits from the rise of the coin itself. Sucks, but the coin itself looks like it's gonna be great.

>From what I understand, US can't participate in the dividends, we can only get the profits from the rise of the coin itself.
Where do you get that? Is that the same for ICN?

>I believe that profits from their trading portfolio are put directly into their token
If there's dividends attached to the tokens then there could be value here. However, they can't just "add value" to the token. They could indirectly do so by repurchasing. But for dividends, they either issue dividends in their token, buy distributing more tokens to each holder. Or, they distribute another store of value, commonly ETH, to all token holders. As far as I know those are the only two ways that dividends have been paid out to token holders

There are definitely dividends, but says US can't receive them? Don't have a source yet. I would prefer to be paid dividends in ETH or BTC directly, but I haven't found any information about how they are paid. Perhaps you could help me google?

It also appears that you will be paid dividends earned on FIAT investments in traditional markets. This coin gets me hard.

Best I can find is their website.

>During 2018, funds on the platform should be able to distribute tokens to US citizens via brokerage firms and exclusively to authorized investors. We intend to apply for our own broker-dealer license in the US and to receive it in 2019.

Lot of "should be" and "hopefully" in there. Looks like when they start paying out dividends US holders will need to go through some sort of brokerage firm and MAYBE you'll be able to get it directly from Blackmoon in 2019, if whoever reviews it at the SEC got laid that day.

Like I said, I'm very bullish on this coin. But I'm not holding out hopes for the dividends themselves.

Hmm... doesn't look promising. Especially coming from the russians. I might hold out for a better product with a similar concept

It says on their site US holders can not be "continuous contributors". That means we can't receive dividends.

They are a partner with Bancor! buy buy buy!
Not shitposting proud 1k bagger of BNT lol. Check whitepaper.

fucking gay. Iconomi bittrex when

Here's a better article: ether.direct/2017/09/01/blackmoon-crypto-a-deeper-analysis/

This coin is just a budget version of ICN. If you anons think your going to be receiving dividends on your tokens than go and read the fucking whitepaper.

The only way to get dividends is to become a "continuous contributor" or "Active investor"or some shit. To buy these jobs you put a minimum amount of coins into their special wallet (0.25% fee for moving it) and "buy" a job with them. If you bought yourself a job as a "continuous contributor" don't expect to just sit back, chill and get dividends. You have to actually do work for them or they don't pay you and return all your coins.

The only thing thats going to give these tokens value is "buying" a job with Blackmoon and doing their fucking work for them and their "token buybacks"

This entire ICO is shady as fuck. They ran a ridiculous bounty, google and facebook add campaign. You can see the shill threads on here everyday with people so retarded they don't realize there's post IDs. The "lot of press on large websites"? 100% they just paid for it.

They have a team of millionaires but are unable to even apply for a US license until late 2018? Surely with all their "connections" it would be one of the first things you did.

Like i said, budget version of ICN thats 1 year late to the market.

Plenty of other good ICOs and coins that will pay you guys dividends without having to fucking work for them

After reading everything, I agree. Might still participate in the ICO in case all their shilling 2xes my investment

Shitcoin version of Iconomi. Pass

youtubers shilling this with paid promotions atleast seen 3 so far.