Would an MMA or boxing champion win against a trained warrior from around 0 B.C.?

Would an MMA or boxing champion win against a trained warrior from around 0 B.C.?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PJGPDzaqxn4
youtube.com/watch?v=RSS1zh45Fts
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes - easily.

>would a trainned MMA or boxing champion beat some funny manlet swinging a stick
Probably.

But weren't people bigger and stronger back then?

If the trained warrior has his weapons he wins.
Though his chances also depend on the weapon. Obviously a lone pikeman doesn't have much of a chance.

Stronger?
Pound per pound probably yes
Bigger?
Hell no, a 5 foot dude was considered tall.

no, the gladator has swords and spears

Oh god, not this meme again.

Easily. They did not train in serious fighting like that. They did not combine all of the best techniques from all over the world. They only had their own way. Some places had highly ritualized fighting, and fighting in which looking cool and doing chants is important, where in a real fight it is not.

They would get bodied.

Weren't the shortest like 8 feet?

>weren't people bigger
No, the average person was a manlet. Jews thought that a 6'9 tall man (Goliath) was an almost incomprehensible, mythological, legendary creature. Today it's the average NBA height.

Look how telling this statue is

tbqh looks like a welterweight boxer by modern standards, not bad at all. wouldn't put him up against tyson though.

They only went for hammer like punches during those days

Yes they could hurl stones you need 2 modern men for to even pick them up.

>boxer vs a murderous greek pankration wrestler
LMMMMMAAAAOO

But seriously you should remove "Boxer" from your question. They would get trashed by even an amateur MMA fighter. No I am not claiming a boxer cannot fight at all, but their skills are incredibly limited and many do not translate to real fighting at all.

Top = pankration fighter, Bottom = boxer.

you fucking retards are right but for all the wrong reasons. we simply understand the science behind fighting a lot better across everything from biomechanics, nutrition, technique, and equipment. you literally see the exact same thing happenings in the modern world when 3rd worlders try to compete with first worlders

>a boxer would get trashed by an amateur mma fighter
you don't follow recent events do you

Yep. Easily.

>Boxing match
>Real fight
Exposing vulnerable areas of your body to force the opponent to commit a foul is not a very good strategy outside the context of a boxing match

MMA has no skill whatsoever, it's a joke sport. Boxing at least excels in punching, MMA excels in nothing.

Comon son

to be fair i believe hes describing a situation in which the boxer enters an mma match where the amatuer mma fighter could utilize all his skills, not a situation where the mma fighter is confined to boxing regulations. that situation has yet to studied if im not mistaken...

Tim Sylvia vs Ray Mercer.

I think he means under a different rule set. McGregor lasted 8 rounds in the ring, but Floyd wouldn't last 2. The abuse that MMA fighters take is more than what a boxer is used to.

McGregor was about to drop dead from exhaustion.

Floyd looked like he just did a 5 minute jog.

>The abuse that MMA fighters take is more than what a boxer is used to
>this is what MMA faggots actually believe

you're an idiot asking for (you)s

Kimbo Slice V Ray Mercer

Underrated post

A modern fighter would grossly outweigh and outreach an ancient fighter, be faster, stronger, and have access to a wider variety of more efficient techniques and skills.

Pic related: the wonders of modernity and the lack thereof on the human body

lol where's the boxer that takes elbows the face? Where's the boxes that has to learn to escape submissions? Generally in boxing, when someone is on the ground you stop hitting them. What's that? Boxers don't get kicked in the head either? Wow it looks like the only thing boxers have to take is punches.

No shit, boxing matches are longer, I would assume because injuries don't tend to be as severe. Floyd doesn't have the skill set or the experience for MMA, he would get demolished in a cage match, probably by submission.

>injuries don't tend to be as severe
Boxers suffer the worst injuries out of any athletes. A severe trauma to the head is far more dangerous than broken arms or legs which really are faggot tier injuries. "B-BUT THERE'S MORE BLOOD ON THE CANVAS SO IT'S A TOUGHER SPORT!" is an argument only a brainlet, Doritos eating neckbeard who doesn't understand basic human anatomy would make.

This. MMA fighters are shit punchers, shit kickers, shit at everything except for grappling. There's a reason why trained MMA fighters get routinely obliterated in actual street fights with no rules. At the end of the day, MMA is still a sport with a set of rules and not a real street fight, and it doesn't offer any sort of excellence like boxing does.
Second, we could be having this debate 15 years ago when MMA was at least somewhat respectable, now UFC has global hegemony, and UFC is a joke organization with pro wrestling tier promotion, focusing more on drama and banter than actual fighting, fixed outcomes (that's not to say boxing isn't rigged as fuck - it's probably even more rigged than UFC, but it's because of betting, not for entertainment purposes like UFC), the biggest draws are former WWE actors (Lesnar), women (Rousy) and people known more for talking shit than for skill (Conor). The entire thing is a gimmick. Then of course there's also shit like Bellator which is an even sadder organization where middle aged obese alcoholics come to sniff each other's butt cracks.
youtube.com/watch?v=PJGPDzaqxn4

>Polish armed forces
Is that why NATO and US forces are stationed in Poland?

An elbow, knee, or kick to the head is more dangerous than a punch, and all are completely legal in MMA. Idk why you think that people don't go for the head in MMA. There's plenty of body shots in boxing too.

Were you ever in a real fight?
Unless one guy is very skilled and the other guy isn't, most fights end with grappling.
Thus in real life, grappling is far more relevant.

Retired boxer (Holly Holm) vs Olympic bronze medalist in judo (Ronda Rousey)

>kick to the head is more dangerous than a punch
Confirmed for brainlet

Yes I was, but people I fought against weren't trained boxers (thankfully). You can't tell me with a straight face that somebody like Brock Lesnar or Cain Velasquez or Stipe or whatever meme-of-the-week faggot UFC has now wouldn't be BTFO by prime Mike Tyson or Vitali Klitschko.

I don't know when you compare it like that, Tyson was a beast, but I just said that in a real life situation, not sports, grappling is far more relevant.

People back then weren't that much shorter. Average height was 1.70cm and a trained warrior who was probably part of the nobility and had proper nutrition would be average height, like 5 foot 9
On top of that europeans had less recently abandoned the hunter gatherer life-style and still had the stront, thick bones strength
neanderthal genetics necessary for fighting and hunting animals. This explains the dominance of the vikings, they had adapted agriculture less recently so where physically superior. Since then much more evolution and civilization has occured and humans are more domesticated and adapted to the agricultural life-style where abstract reasoning supercedes brute force strength. As a result we see people with think wrists and frail frames, a lot more lanky weak people. Since then an unprecedented amount of human evolution has occured with greatly increased population sizes due to larger civilizations(larger population size/pressures=evolution speed) being big and strong is a liability when food is short which is often the case(many famines and shortages associated with agriculture) so since that year a steady and accelerating decrease in human physical strength would have occurred, from having most of the pre-agriculture bone density and frame to none of it by modern times.
If you took the average person from then they would probably be high level athlethes. If you got into a fight with one of them their strength and brute force as well as general savagery and high test levels would overcome you.

tell us more dr broscience

t. straight from History Channel
>dominance of the vikings
What dominance? Burning and looting unguarded settlements and then sailing away before the army shows up?

Modern fighter vs Ancient fighter

youtube.com/watch?v=RSS1zh45Fts

Tyson routinely beat the shit out of people every where he went, didn't he?

>average 12th century Mongolian vs average 21st century American

Tyson was a crazy motherfucker that picked fight way before he was a boxer though.

It takes immense physical strength to sail routinely across the Atlantic to raid, immense.
It's a lifestyle that requires strong genetics.

I'm still waiting for an answer, what the fuck did they dominate? They mostly sucked dick in warfare.

That's what I'm saying, he was a street fighter as well as a boxer. He wouldn't do badly against a grappler most likely because I'm sure he knows, like every hood rat I've ever known, that getting taken down is a quick way to getting stomped out.

Christopher Columbus confirmed for Brian Shaw of his day.

HOW DO YOU BUILD AN EMPIRE WITHOUT FIGHTING KEK

>Vikings
>empire

They took over Ireland, England , France and Russia among others. Pretty impressive for a wild band of roaming heathen savages.

More subtle, m8.
You Just blew your cover

Lot of things to consider. First and foremost, what are the rules, if any? Can you bite, eye gouge, are weapons involved? Second, is it Bloodsport, meaning is it a fight to the death? Third, are the fighter going to be of more or less equal build?

This is my take on it.

If it's a typical bareknuckle, last man standing type thing, the mma/boxer hands down. Now if there's dirty play involved, the odds are in favor of the modern fighter but one good nutpunch or bite to the neck during a grapple could swing the tides very quickly. I stand the same on that for a bareknuckle Bloodsport bout. Now if there's weapons involved, I'd say the warrior of 0 BC would be most likely to win, firstly because he likely he is experienced with the weapon, whereas the modern fighter likely has never had formal weapons training. And if it's a bloodsport armed match, then I'd say the odds are even more in favor of the ancient warrior, because of the psychological aspect, the warrior may have taken a life before, may not be afraid of dying because of cultural things, glory in battle etc etc, modern fighters are used to fights being closely monitored by a ref who is there to make sure injuries dont happen.
TL;DR

By modern rulesets the modern fighter would make it look like a joke, but add weapons, valetudo, or make it bloodsport, more in the odds of the ancient fighter.

The MMA would win easily because his entire job is just to be really good at 1 vs. 1 fighting, whereas the warrior is meant to fight in groups of thousands.

Would the said mma/boxing champion win a trained japanese karateka from 1600 A.D?
Keep in mind that although the japanese is far shorter and lighter, the karate he uses is a technique for killing instead of the gay sport it is today.

Stop this meme
Japanese karate isn't some magical one shot technique. It's more looking cool while blowing mild hits

No.

While Karate of back then were designed to kill without weapon, its not same without proper nutrients and strength.

Brute force alone will give the modern mma fighter 70% chance of winning. Add in their knowledge of multiple martial arts, they will take down Karateka with ease.

Ofcourse modern mma fighter may have reservations on killing a man cold blooded, and this reservation may not be present in a man of 1600s who is born for war/battle. So if a MMA fighter makes any mistake, he could end up dead.

They conquered England almost thrice (Sweyn Forkbeard, Cnut the Great, the Danelaw). Magnus the Good apparently prepared an invasion of his own but died before he attacked. Only their Norman cousins have matched this feat

STEROIDS
T
E
R
O
I
D
S