Prior to the late 1960s, people of Asian ancestry were usually referred to as Oriental, Asiatic, and Mongoloid...

>Prior to the late 1960s, people of Asian ancestry were usually referred to as Oriental, Asiatic, and Mongoloid.[15][16] Additionally, the American definition of 'Asian' originally included West Asian ethnic groups, particularly Afghan Americans, Jewish Americans, Armenian Americans, Assyrian Americans, and Arab Americans, although these groups are now considered Middle Eastern American.[17][18]

Why aren't West Asians considered Asian anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definitions_of_whiteness_in_the_United_States#Asian_Americans
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because America.
>Americans receive Asians mostly from China and Japan
>therefore only East Asians are REAL Asians

>Americans receive Africans mostly from black lands
>therefore only blacks are REAL Africans

Europe = mostly an overwhelmingly Caucasoid continent with some healthily mixed-raced nations in the south
Africa = mostly an overwhelmingly Negroid continent with some healthily mixed-race nations in the north
Asia = Caucasoid, Mongoloid, Australoid and healthily mixed race nations all over it

Because people is too weaboo to call them all chinese like we call all the west asian arabs/muslims even when they're not. Dad never had this problem.

In the UK "Asian" typically means Indian/Pakistani/Arab while we simply refer to East Asians according to their actual origin, ie Chinese.

This is because we have a tiny amount of East Asians but a massive Amount of West and South Asians, so they are the "Asians" to us.

This has led some /pol/tard kids to claim its some mad conspiracy to group East Asians with West/South Asians to make immigration more appealing but that's fucking retarded and makes no sense given that Asian has meant West/South in the UK since the 40s.

>using caucasoid, mongoloid, and negroid serioiusly as categorical classifications in any century besides the 19th
>retarded
Pick 2

Due to terrorism, Islamism, and the various extremists that have originated from the Middle East it would seem prudent to refer to Middle Easterners as Asians as to diffuse attention and reduce the right wing's influence in the presence of the mind of the populace. Changing regional names to alter public image among the populace is nothing new- one example is Reza Shah changing the official name of Persia to Iran in order to shed the old Western concepts of a backwards, orientalist Persia.

tl;dr you're stupid

You just proved his point lol.

But everyone in Africa is pretty much Black barring the north and NA jerks off it's Arab ties more then it's African relations/history (and the fact that they go "oh we are African too" then proceed ot be racist fucks the minute being African isn't useful to them).

You literally fell into what i explained. As i said, it's been this way since the 1940s. Conspiracy moron.

what do you recommend he use instead?

Holy shit, that one Greco-Roman Palestinian shitposter was right.

Actual geneological groupings considering genetic studies of ancient historical populations have existed for 20 years or more

>Europeans and West Asians
>Not the same race

>implying west asia is as defined as europe or east asia

>genetics suddenly makes West Asians less asian than East Asians

wew

What data is that picture trying to show?

t. brainlet

Ok, then. Explain it. What data is the PCA analyzing? What do the percentages represent?

>expecting people to spoonfeed him

I assert that you are the brainlet and have no idea what that picture means. The difference between us is that when I see something I don't understand, I think critically ans ask questions about it whether or not it supports my emotional or ideological beliefs.

You downloaded this picture from Veeky Forums with no idea what it means, and I guarantee you the person who uploaded has no idea what it means either and is only trying to further brainwash you.

No one on /pol/ or stormfront understands anything at all about genetics. They only claim to. They are all stupid and only care about their political beliefs, even in the face of objective truths, just like you.

When you see something you don't understand, maybe you should consult someone who does understand genetics.

I didn't ppst that picture mr. brainlet.

You are clearly defending them.

>them
Tranny detected

>this autist again

Lmao why do always get so triggered by pca plot maps?

>again
>why do always get so

I'm not triggered, it's just easy to shut you idiots down because you don't understand what you're posting.

>Afghan
>West Asian
This shit pisses me off to no end. Afghanistan is in CENTRAL Asia, even you got it wrong dummy. West Asia implies Middle East, Afghanistan is as Middle Eastern as fucking India.

American racial categories are extremely stupid, legally I'm white and to my friends I'm Arab. Fug.

I still mark Asian on everything to reap those benefits nibba

Lol I saw that the first time I went onto /pol/, "it won't be that bad" they said

Congratulations you just proved his point you moron

I'm that Greco-Roman Palestinian you speak of. Thanks for finally realizing we are an extension of the Roman Empire and by extension an extension of European culture. Palestine as a name even comes from Europe, we are white unlike those dirty Jewish invaders. Fighting for the Palestinians is fighting for the white race!

>while we simply refer to East Asians according to their actual origin
Wtf. We call them oriental. We're not THAT pc.

You're a mix of MENA, Central, South and West Asian senpai. I think we talked about this before. Get used to it.

>Why aren't West Asians considered Asian anymore?

It's actually a funny fucking story. There was this Lebanese Cop who gave this snow cracker a ticket. The snow cracker lost his mind and flipped out in court how the Lebanese cop was a dirty mongoloid and shouldn't be classified as white. In court the Lebanese cop defended himself saying that if he wasn't white, neither was Jesus because he is from the same land as was him. America lost their fucking mind at the idea that Jesus wasn't white so they ruled from then on that all West Asians are white.

No I proved you wrong faggot, MENA/West is completely unrelated

kek

fuck off bong

>asian sexual predators
>theyre always pakis or indians

Source?

1. Asian is a old historical term misappropriated today
2. They're nearly always Pakis. Wew. The Orientals are shit in their own way.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Definitions_of_whiteness_in_the_United_States#Asian_Americans
>That same year, the Superior Court and the Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. ruled on a case that redefined Middle Easterners writ large and their racial distinction. According to the Arab American Historical Foundation and the Los Angeles Herald, a case in which George Shishim a Lebanese policeman, arrested a "white" man, who claimed that because Shishim was Lebanese, he must not be racially "white," but rather "Chinese-Mongolian."[43] Shishim, his attorneys, and the Syrian-Lebanese and Arab American communities rallied to prove that Lebanese, Syrians, and all Arabs and Middle Easterners were in fact "white" to both gain official citizenship in the United States, as well as avoid other exclusive and restrictive penalties of being labeled as Asian.[44] One of Shishim's arguments appealed to the white justices' desire to connect to their revered religious figure, Jesus. Shishim said: "If I am a Mongolian, then so was Jesus, because we came from the same land."[43]

It's ruined the entire world. Just google "Asian" or "African," see what comes up.

>MENA
Fictional region

>Pakistan isn't in Asia

Principal components analysis takes a bunch of variables and spits out a bunch of new variables that are completely orthogonal (uncorrelated). These new variables are linear combinations of the old ones. The first few principal components explain a large percentage of the total variation, far more than the first few original variables.

So by plotting the first principal component against the second principal component, we're able to see which groups are similar and dissimilar using just two variables rather than trying to tell which groups are similar using the tons of variables from the original data set.

In other words, the first principal component (PC1) could be .5*skull height + .2*brain density - .4*amount of melanin for each data point. I don't know what variables the original data set tracked, so I can't tell. It's probs legit tho.

Africa = Arab/Berber Africa. The rest is negroland, ethiopia, sudan, etc. (pick your favourite).

Based Lebanon.

oh for fucks sake

"Asian" in America means what "Oriental" or "Mongloid" used to mean.

>snow cracker
Can you please fuck off with this anti-White rhetoric. It's very disrespectful.