How historically accurate is this Polish National Remembrance Institute video, Veeky Forums?

How historically accurate is this Polish National Remembrance Institute video, Veeky Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=Q88AkN1hNYM

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7pdP_-V2mmc
opinie.wp.pl/ii-wojne-swiatowa-wywolali-niemcy-nie-nazisci-6126042484512897a
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ_of_Europe
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_our_freedom_and_yours
youtube.com/watch?v=-UL8MCgwTlk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agency_114
jta.org/2012/06/07/news-opinion/letters/on-the-term-polish-death-camps
dw.com/pl/ekspert-w-niemczech-nie-ma-zorganizowanej-akcji-fałszowania-historii/a-37374365
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There were no giants and mechas in 1940s Europe.

o rly?
>inb4 2010 meme

it's supposed to be a metaphor

I like aesthetic and symbolic representations of September 1939.

It's accurate but biased and it doesn't mention some important events.

Animation is expensive.

100% scientifically accurate.

It leaves details out, but it's factually accurate.

This. Also as you can guess, it was made by a state-owned institute, so the Polish taxpayers paid for it...

accurate. It obviously is a very stylized summary, but it doenst lie or anything.

>so the Polish taxpayers paid for it...

I wonder what a taxpayer funded historcal video in a country like Britain would look like...

Don't remind me. Polish government also wants to fund historical movies. But the thing is they're all pretentious crap. The only good movies seem to be made by unaffiliated people like the one about Volhynia massacre which is apparently still waiting for its English/American cut so it would be a contender for the Oscars.
I've heard a discussion about it the other day on the radio and one of the ideas how to fight historical lies is to simply hire professionals from Holywood. I remember like 10 years ago Mel Gibson was apparently interested in a movie about the Siege of Vienna and HBO mentioned something about a show about the Jagiellonian dynasty.
Instead we'll be getting some Netflix show about alternative history.

I'm just glad that the Soviets are finally getting their dues for being occupying shits like the Nazis.

Also Sean Bean

>1000 years of history
>all films are about commies or Nazis

Its the sort of thing that makes you want to cry bullshit but nothing mentioned is actually untrue

Poland has quite a noble 20th century history.

Well countries occupied by the Soviets are now free and everybody is angry with Russia nowadays so their propaganda is getting weaker.
Modern pro-communist government propaganda basically reaches only Russians themselves and it's not quite as effective as it used to I've had some great discussions with Russian people about history.

If it make you feel any better Polishbro this GOT rip-off is what I payed with my tax money.
youtube.com/watch?v=7pdP_-V2mmc

They probably have museums and stuff instead of youtube movies.

As for what Poles generally think about this video many think it's embarassing but it's basically an effect of paranoic fear that someone more powerful will be telling our history for us as it was the case for many years.

poles are the most deluded people on earth

really getting sick of this MUH GERMANY, MUH RUSSIA, MUH OPPRESSION constant whining

Clearly you underestimate the level of eternal Polish suffering.

Tfw Half of them are black

>As for what Poles generally think about this video many think it's embarassing

why? I dont see anything really wrong with it. Countries are allowed to take a sombre look at a dark part of their history, especially when its so recent

That's the oldfags who still bitch about MUH STALIN MUH ETERNAL VICTIM

Most younger Poles that I know that have any interest in history thing this shit is a crindgefest and are fucking tired of always playing the "a bloo bloo the bullied kid of Europe pls big money" and would rather want for them to celebrate the "golden age" of the 16th century and shit.

Same with younger Krauts who are tired of "muh nazis" and are more and more presenting interest in the Holy Roman Meme.

user...

Poles arent even the most oppressed Europeans but whine like they are, try telling someone from the Balkans about your ""oppression"" and they'll laugh at you

Poles and Austrians ended the eternal Mudslime ass rape tho

>sensationalist headline chimping out about public schools teaching Out of Africa theory

>try telling someone from the Balkans about your ""oppression"" and they'll laugh at you

>Balkan niggers

Let's not get too crazy here, Poles are at least still people.

how's that even a relevant response?

Any of them lost 20% of their population and had an independent country for a couple decades since the 18th century?

>i-its just a sensationalist headline!

Patriotism is a huge thing among younger people to the point that there's already a backlash.

Balkan Bitches can't complain towards their saviors, they should and are eternally thankful.

when did poles exactly saved the balkans?

Pooland is a fucking meme, holy shit

It seems a bit odd that the Polish armed forces in the West are portrayed in detail (for such a short clip I mean) but the Polish army in the East is not mentioned at all. Polish communists are also completely put aside, it's just Soviet occupation until 1989. So it does portray Polish society as a monolithic, pro-Western, conservative bloc, completely ignoring the ideological rifts that parted the country. I'd say this is pretty simplistic.

"WE conquered Monte Cassino", "WE broke the enigma code" is also a little bit exaggerated for my taste, sure Poles helped with that but they didn't do it alone. In general, the liberation of Poland according to that video seems to be purely accomplished through Polish resistance, the essential efforts of the Allies are hardly acknowledged.

I'm also not sure what "Nobody listens to us" regarding the Holocaust at 2:30 was supposed to mean.

When they sacrificed their king to stop a Muslim invasion.

>Pooland is a fucking meme

whos talking about India?

saving themselves, not the balkans, dumbo

It has Battle of Lenino but honestly soldiers who fought there with the Soviets were in a sense poor victims who didn't join general Anders in his odyssey to Middle East and Italy.
Yeah MC and Enigma would require more details. Monte Cassino was a very intersting battles probably one with the biggest number of nationalities involved in the fights (at least 12) and totally a team effort. Enigma was broken before WWII and the reports were sent to the British helping them with the new and improved version. And it all began with decoding of Soviet messages during Polish-Bolshevik War.

And the "nobody listens to us" refers to FDR's response to Jan Karski's report about the situation in Poland which was... none. He really didn't care.

The problem is that to understand this video you must understand Polish mentality

Poles feel like they always must prove how patriotic they are, how they respect the ones who died during ww2, they view ww2 Poland as pure martyr, hurten by every side of the conflict. It makes them act, in foreign eyes, arrogant and whiny. We can call videos like this a bribe for Polish society made by current goverment to make it believe that the authorities share the view of "poor, victim Poland".
The constant patriot jerkoff makes society accept almost paranoical views. A good example is the "Polish death camps" controvery. Poles go apeshit mad when someone mistakenly uses this term, and believe that people use it for some hidden conspirary to blame Poles entirely for holocaust. Also, some patriots get mad when terms "Nazis" is used. In their mind term "Nazis" is used to whitewash Germans.

And so, Poland is viewed by Polish nationalists as "Christ of Nations", which is under threat from Germans, Russians, Jews, Ukrainians, Austrians, Gypsies, Anglos, French, Lithuanians etc.

t. half-Pole, half-Anglo, who ecountered many nationalists, butthurt about "muh no help in 1939", "muh Sikorski", "muh Yalta", "muh Poland saved Britain in 1940", "Muh enigma" etc.

>term "Nazis" is used to whitewash Germans.
wat

>DUDE LET'S TOTALLY FORGET POLISH SOLDIERS THAT FOUGHT WITH RED ARMY AND HELPED TO TAKE BERLIN LMAO
Fuck off

>celebrating traitors

I used to think the same about "Polish death camps" until I found out that in at least some cases it was deliberate and introduced by some former Third Reich official some time after the war because Germany has suffered enough. And honestly no reason to ignore this even if it's just a simple mistake.
Germany and Russia and really all countries have their own historical policies so Poland is just trying to fit in after all these years of suppressed truth. If we ignore it completely we're gonna get AK taking part in the Holocaust and Soviet Union being the hero and joining the war in 1941. It just needs to be less clumsy.

Poles joke that nazis were some kind of mysterious invaders who suddenly appeared, conquered Germany and left after WWII. It's because so many people simply use the word Nazi to describe official German policy during the war. Or to spread the idea that Germany was the first victim of nazism.

How are they traitors? It was get shot by russian or fight against germans

opinie.wp.pl/ii-wojne-swiatowa-wywolali-niemcy-nie-nazisci-6126042484512897a

Sorry, don't have an english version, try automatic translation

They're not traitors. The generals were (and low level drunkards because no respectful general wanted to have anything to do with soviet invaders) but most soldiers were just POWs who would've been executed.

They are on the map but honestly why would anyone want to brag that a portion of your soldiers was forced to fight with your aggressors.

more like a way to justify and cop with the fact that they are all swarming Germany for gibs and money

It's because no one else noticed or cares that it's a thing. Of course Germany would want to distance themselves from their legitimate government that lost so badly. Or say that Nazis were some kind of multinational group.

But Christ wasn't completely incompetent and sacrificed himself to be remembered. Poland just gets double penetrated every few decades.

>Poles
>gibs in Germany

The only thing Poles swarm is the UK user.

This claim really doesn't make much sense.

People talk shit about soviets but the soviets liberated Poland from nazis who were killing Poles on massive scale. Also soviet occupation was 10x better than german.
And I fucking hate communism tbqh

Not anymore. Year ago we've reached a milestone and more people go to Poland.

the difference being that that nazis genocided Poles while the Soviets gave them the richest regions in Europe in addition to independence

>poland gets the shit kicked out of it for centuries
accurate

Then you should've have some family members who were in contact with those "10x better liberators" No Pole ever says shit like that.

You should do the patriotic thing and kill yourself if that's your only choice.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ_of_Europe

You piece of shit what independence? It was all Soviet anyway so they could steal the east while giving something in the west, deport two massive groups of population. It all belonged to Stalin anyway.

Better be red than dead user

>I found out that in at least some cases it was deliberate and introduced by some former Third Reich official some time after the war because Germany has suffered enough.

Where did you find this out?

the regions that Poland lost were empty swampland. the regions they gained, especially Silesia, were of immensely greater value. the Soviets sacrificed literally millions of people to give Poland something for free and save them from literal annihilation; how can anyone be butthurt about this?

It relates to the 17th century belief that Poland was the first Christian nation standing next to the Ottomans. In romantic period some poets had some weird idea that Poland was too good to die or something like that.
Around that time this became Polish motto.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_our_freedom_and_yours

Not that it was anything new. Lord Byron died fighting for Greek independence.

It doesn't really relate that much to WWII except for the fact that Poland continuid fighting after September 1939.

should have been this
youtube.com/watch?v=-UL8MCgwTlk

Soviets had their own plans and in order to achieve them they weren't above killing anyone who even in theory could support Polish independence.
So no. No Pole will ever be thankful to the Soviets especially because their alliance with Hitler was what helped him to invade Poland.

You need to give me a minute. I'll try to at least find the name of the guy.

>Germans pretend that Nazism had nothing to do with them! German guilt trip doesn't go far enough!

That's exactly the kind of paranoia he was talking about

It just list a bunch of wars whether Poland won or not or whether it destroyed the country or not.
No wonder I fucking hate Hysteria.

noice

t. Wojtek Wojciechowski

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agency_114

Reinhard Gehlen and Alfred Benzinger.

>We conquered monte cassino
WE

Well who else would know that the skit rellies on the viewers ignorance of history... while supposedly teaching history.
Horrible Histories remains one educational show worth a damn. Though in the last episode they used modern map of Europe to talk about WWII

user, I...

They did tho.
Still it took several US, British, French, Indian and ANZAC attacks before Poles could make a final strike

According to the veterans Matthew Parker's book is the most accurate so I'd recommend this one to learn about the battle.

How many British and American troops died and how many Poles died?

I don't remember if it has the bit when the Brits wanted the Poles to remove their flag from the top and put the British one but Poles pointed their guns at them in response.

this triggers the vatnik/wehraboo

10,919 casualties on the Allied side of the battle itself (not the whole campaign). 4 thousand of which were Polish (about 50% of combatants).

>soviets liberated Poland
'no'

you can't liberate someone if you just oppress them, and the only real reason is "atleast we wernt nazis!!1!"

>Polish historian Leszek Pietrzak made a claim in 2011 in a small, mass-market weekly 'Wręcz Przeciwnie' that in 1956 one of the Agency employees, Alfred Benzinger, (member of Abwehrpolizei during World War II) proposed a coordinated action to move the blame away from the German war criminals under various investigations. Benzinger supposedly coined a deceitful term "Polish Concentration Camps" in reference to the Holocaust in occupied Poland and propagated it in popular media.

Sorry, but you gotta give me something more substantial than a claim in a Polish tabloid. And I can't see how he should have been able to propagate the term "Polish Death Camps" in international media.

He shows up from time to time in these threads. I don't kno if he's Polish but although it's very rare there are Poles who consider Soviets to be allies. Not sure what they think of 1939 and the Soviet occupation.
Some of them may be from communist households and some were just lucky not to suffer from the hands of Soviet soldiers or some just read or saw something stupid at one point of their lives.

Like this guy. Not sure if he's on Russian payroll but he hides the fact that he's friendly with pro-Soviet groups in Russia who promote the story of the "great patriotic war".

Soviets did not just oppress the Poles you dullard

>10,919 casualties on the Allied side of the battle itself (not the whole campaign).

What exactly is "the battle itself"? The final battle? As far as I know, the 4k Polish casualties are also for the whole campaign.

>Speaking about HH show, not HH books
pleb

The Polish inferiority complex and their craving for attention never gets old, really.

It something that shows up from time to time in various history magazines. The agency was a real thing

From the article of the not-so-Polish-friendly Times of Israel:
>"Led by former Nazi secret police sergeant Alfred “Fatty” Benzinger, Agency 114’s propaganda strategy was to slip the term “Polish death camps” into discourse about the war. In Germany, the group was so successful that when the US-made miniseries “Holocaust” had its 1979 airing, a TV panel of historians was overwhelmed by the number of Germans who believed Poland was responsible for the genocide."

It relates to the Cold War espionage, secret war and propaganda so the articles will always be about "something found in the archives" but there are multiple sources reporting on this.
jta.org/2012/06/07/news-opinion/letters/on-the-term-polish-death-camps

>being a commie in the current year

The monastery not the Gustav Line offensive.

Subhuman Russians will never get tired of posting shopped pics.

>The agency was a real thing

Yes, but the claim that they were responsible for the term "Polish Death Camp" is not proven; the fact that another newspaper repeats the claim, perhaps based on wikipedia research, is no proof either.

Here's what a Polish historian says about it:

>The facts described in Pietrzak in this book are missing. I wrote to him a letter asking for the source of the revelations he distributed. I did not get an answer. (google translate)

dw.com/pl/ekspert-w-niemczech-nie-ma-zorganizowanej-akcji-fałszowania-historii/a-37374365

And again, it's not clear how it would be even be possible to bring the phrase "Polish Death Camps" into the international press.

>a TV panel of historians was overwhelmed by the number of Germans who believed Poland was responsible for the genocide.

That's of course no proof of any activities of Agency 114 either, and the claim is dubious anyway. Generally, it has to be accounted for that a surprisingly large section of the population is historically uneducated, but this is not a conspiracy.

Any proofs that the 4,000 Polish casualties are just from there?

They forget the part where they LITERALLY exist as a nation because Britian and France wanted to fuck over Germany.

WE WAS GOOD BOIS DINDU NUFFIN