What would you be thinking if you where a Japanese soldier in 1945?

What would you be thinking if you where a Japanese soldier in 1945?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5XK84PNhOZU?t=73
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>What would you be thinking if you where a Japanese soldier in 1945?
The point was that they didn't think, they just did. Because thinking would get you in a lot of trouble.

As I am now?

>This is stupid
>I'm not going to die just to scuff a battleship's paint
>the emperor is a moron

If I was raised as a Japanese person of the era?

>I WILL BRING HONOR TO FAMILY
>WAITU PIGGU GO HOMO
>BONZAAAAAI

I wouldn't be thinking at all.

"When is season two of Watamote coming out"

>Can't wait to bring honor to the emperor and my family by landing with my army in California. If newspapers are right, we are obliterating US forces, so invasion on imperialist states will begin soon. I will bring a cowboy hat for my little boy back in Hiroshima, who will definetly grow up to be a proud soldier of IJA.

>damnit when's shinji gonna finish raping that 3 year old chinese girl
>I hope he doesn't kill her before he gives me a turn
>guess I'll just go mercilessly beat the new recruits

>time to rape chinese babies and eat white people!

Holy shit the Americans are really going to exterminate us all. I may not like the Japanese government, but I must fight to prevent that from happening.

I was told Americans eat dogs and shit in the streets like Jorean savages. We can't let them step foot on sacred home islands.

>What would you be thinking if you where a Japanese soldier in 1945?
Where?Japan? Thailand? China? A random Pacific island?

I love my family, I love my home, I will do anything to protect them

>my feet hurt
>I'm hungry
>I wish I was home playing shogi

>"I hope my descendants will appreciate my sacrifice and not become lazy, shut-ins who jack off to filthy Gajin cultures."

...we lost to THIS?

>i sure wish we had food

I wonder how many Japanese were beginning to contemplate violently overthrowing the Emperor at the end of the war.

I remember some Japanese fighter pilot who had been assigned to Kamikaze duty openly called Emperor Hirohito a war criminal because he had chosen to continue to prosecute a war he knew was a lost cause and it resulted in thousands of needless deaths.

IIRC it may have been Saburō Sakai, he was enraged at how Hirohito had refused to take responsibility for leading Japan into a disastrous war.

"Boy did we fuck up attacking America."

Ok here's an interesting thought:
Would Japan have been better off if Taisho Democracy had endured and the war had never happened? Did the 'economic miracle' more than make up for the effects of the war?

No

Phew, Anti-air duties in Hiroshima are a lot better than fighting on the front. Everything's coming up Akihiko!

Kill myself duh!

why didn't you save her Veeky Forums?

All my ancestors who could've were killed fighting in a war 80 years earlier to stop the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home.

Sadly, they failed.

>She actually tried to eat the rocks

the absolute madman

All I would be thinking about is those delicious whales

This is a great series

Why didn't returning Japanese veterans kill their sadistic officers and the politicians who ordered them to fight in some distant land?

she deserved to die

because her little brother was acting like a dumbass

Watch it.

I'm very angery at you user.

Reminder that the author was particularly bitter about the military because he lost his drawing arm in Papua fucking New Guinea and by all accounts had a really shitty time (though not as shitty as the rest of his unit, who all died.)

Fuck I'm hungry.

They don't do that. They firebomb millions of people and shoot civilian rice ships though.

>I'm cold
>sergeant kept beating me and my platoon just because one of us was too tired
>I wish I was at home with my wife and my kid
>fuck this jungle

>I wonder how many Japanese were beginning to contemplate violently overthrowing the Emperor at the end of the war.

The ones who actually tried did so so that the war could keep going

Mfw a guard soldier at the Kokubo Sosho in mission 12 of Splinter Cell Chaos theory says pretty much that.

Because the US executed a lot of them postwar anyway.

I think I'd be pretty fucking bitter about that too, but in the end he became a pacifist and reignited Japan's interest in its old supernatural stories.

Fuck a you dorphin and fuck a you whale!

>not dorrfin and wharu

The War itself ruined East Asia in was that may never fully heal. So I would say that Taisho Democracy would be the better alternative.

>Did the 'economic miracle' more than make up for the effects of the war?
Only for Japan itself, certainly not its neighbors. Japan getting the imperialism beaten out of them was worth it.

Yes, but that's like asking if Germany would be better if it remained the Weimar Republic. There's no way the system could ensue long-term stability.

The post-war economic miracle was Japan making up for its economic destruction and collapse during WW2, just like in Western Europe, a catch-up phase.
Without WW2 it would be slower growth but without the immense destruction of WW2.
A lot more Japanese power would be left around today.
Not sure if the average person in Japan would benefit from it though.

>I think I'd be pretty fucking bitter about that too
Oh no doubt, I was pointing out that he was a Sherman-type pacifist rather than some armchair hippie critic.

>overthrowing
No one. The Emperoro don't have any real power.

Except appointing and dismissing officers and the cabinet, and supreme military authority.

And the queen has the power over the armed forces and the ability to pick whatever government she wants, what's your point.

>bonzaiiii
Go little tree! Go!

>Japan operated on the Westminster system.
Gee, if the Japanese had such a democratic system of governance, what was the point of changing their system of government after the war?

/thread

>dafuq is on that guys back?

>Implyng japan did not use it too

>I'm so fucking glad I joined the 憲兵隊
>I get to stay in Japan while all the other idiots go die in China
>I get to fuck their wives while their husbands are off dying in the mud
>And I get to bully people and get paid for it!

AH HOO MING LING
ME WANNA EAT DOG
ME WANNA RAPE CHINESE WOMAN WITH SAMURAI SWORD IN ASS

WEEEEEEEEEE !!!

youtu.be/5XK84PNhOZU?t=73
he also does a Japanese version

>"I stood vacantly amid the ruins of Tokyo, after discarding my officer's short sword and removing the epaulettes of my uniform. As I looked around me I swore to resurrect my homeland from the ashes of defeat".

Fucking Canada

>I don't understand anything about Japanese pre-war culture : the thread
You guys have no idea how strong their loyalty to their country and their emperor was. Almost all Japanese soldiers and officers reacted with despair to the end of the war because it meant they could no longer fight for their country. Many of them chose to kill themselves rather than live in a world where they were convinced their country would be destroyed.
And in many ways, they were right. Their country was destroyed. Post-war Japan and pre-war Japan have little in common.

whoops

>it will just be a matter of weeks now

>tfw no David Bowie bf

I'll say that's a pretty good way to exterminate people

Stay salty.

RACE WAR NOW
GAS THE CHINKS