Thoughts? Ep. 3 debuts tonight by the way

Thoughts? Ep. 3 debuts tonight by the way.

well i've just watched the first 3 episodes and it is pretty good

have they played it aint me yet?

I am liking it.

Episode 1 was cool with the name "Deja vu" and cutting back and forth between the Vietnamese talking about how they fought the French before showing Americans talking about fighting those tactics. For example, showing a Vietcong planting a landmine and then O'Brian recalling his fear of the mines.
But I think they went to that well a little too much and not always as smoothly. But this waa probably a decision made to keep the American audience engaged because the American involvement only really takes center stage in the 2nd episode.

P.S. fuck the French

Keep it in /tv/

You're a faggot

Watching the explicit version right now.

watching ep. 6 right now

>fuck the french
please explain why you say that, i'm curious

I'm intrigued

sweet

The French treated colonial subjects like shit in spite of muh Egalite. The hypocrisy became even more mind bending after World War II. The French, fresh from resisting Nazi oppression, went back to resume oppressing the people of Indochina.

French are hypocritical cunts, what do you expect.

>they will never make a movie about a rural vietnamese farmer becoming a supersonic ace

keep posting it, maybe some producer sees it

one can dream

>Thoughts?

I’m probably not going to bother with this, as it’s _18 hours_ long and I've read that like Ken Burns’ Civil War documentary, he recycles the same pics over and over again and I suspect that also like his Civil War documentary, it’ll focus on women and Blacks and other irrelevant bullshit.

The guy really has no understanding of war and thus skims over military and political issues.

LMAO, I honestly have no idea why black people trigger so many people.

They are dumb and the color of poop, wtf are you insecure about? You're objectively better than them.

Sure it's annoying when a black person is on the cover of a WORLD WAR ONE game, but stories like Babe Ruth and the Red Tails are commendable to say the least.

>French are hypocritical cunts

Of course they were, so were the american a few years later.
the "muh liberty muh equality must be applied to others" policy, in other terms the "civilizing mission", is especially characteristic of the two first democratic nations in History, France and USA. Both nations wanted to force their model of a nation on people no matter what. Both french and american are hypocritical in this story.

Regarding Indochina/Vietnam, the country had a huge importance on the geostrategic chessboard for the french and later for the US. France went to war with the objective of keeping its colony and eradicating nationalism. USA did it with the objective of imposing its political system rather than seeing communism rising up in the whole area.

The irony is that the french politicians messed it up first because of their big ego and the american politicians, with the same big ego, followed the same path and eventually messed it up as well the same way.

tl;dr
29:30 Ep.2. What this veteran says applies to both french and american

i agree with you but every colonizing nations did the same though, the lot of them.
The french are no exception regarding military violence towards the people from an occupied foreign territory. Generally speaking, whether the Colonization was not physically violent, there basically still was an imposed political and cultural domination of some sort and massive economic exploitation and a rule of law marked by racism or apartheid and land grabbing. See India or South Africa. imo the british left their colonies in a smartest way than the french though

>Blacks and women are irrelevant in the Civil War
You can't be this retarded.

>ugh, its called a fashion sense sweetie, look it up

>, he recycles the same pics over and over again

There were only so many pictures taken during the Civil War. Photography was in its infancy. Vietnam was perhaps the most heavily filmed war in history. Cameras were everywhere practically from start to finish, and unlike the war reporting of today, they actually showed what was going on. On to of that, veterans of the war are still alive to tell their story, whereas the Civil War could only be told by historians and letters of the long-dead. I think that if Afghanistan were filmed the way Vietnam was, it would have ended a long time ago.

>it’ll focus on women and Blacks and other irrelevant bullshit.

But I don't know what I'm even doing trying to talk to you, because you're clearly a racist, sexist tool.

at least watch ep.1 and 2. plenty of military and political issues

>Babe Ruth
>Black

>What Vietnam needs is 5 Hitlers.
What did he mean by this?

This. It's a tv documentary on history, of course its shit tier in presenting dialectic.

The only reason to watch it is for cheap entertainment.

>crazy Veeky Forumsggot about custom uniforms for him and his wife
>smoking hot wife
>loved Hitler
>ran a liquor store after the war
>literally looks like Betty from Kung Pow

this nigga

t. pleb

Daily reminder that Ho Chi Minh literally did nothing wrong