How do I learn to talk like a medieval guy? Like with thee and yee and thou and all that shit

How do I learn to talk like a medieval guy? Like with thee and yee and thou and all that shit.

You mean talk like a Shakespearean actor LARPing as a medieval guy?

learn middle english

go on r/atheism and talk about feminism

Read lots of middle English texts and letters. Stuff like the Paston Letters should do the trick. Keep in mind that how people wrote doesn't necessarily reflect on how they spoke. No one ever said ye for example.

Hwu wolden ic lernen me talke swulch as a yoremann? Swulch as with þē and ġē and þū and eall that scite.

Hū leornie iċ sprecan swā mann ġēara? Swā mid *þek and *izwiz and *þū and eallan þǣre sċitan.

Learn Dutch and/or German.

Learn old characters and how to pronounce them eg Oðin and Týr.

Roll your 'r's. Something modern English has lost.

Is that Middle English?

Reads like an odd german dialect desu

First one is fake Old English. Second one is real Old English.

The first user is rendering OP's question in Middle English as a joke at the absurdity of the question, replacing OP's faux Middle English with Old English

The second user is rendering OP's question in Old English, as an extension of the first user's joke, replacing OP's faux Middle English with Proto-Germanic

>fake Old English
it's Middle English you dunce

>First one is fake Old English. Second one is real Old English.

First one is someone with Middle English (the kind that OP doesn't know he wants to know about, and was actually spoken in the high medieaeval period) asking about old English, and the second one is someone with Old English asking how to speak Saxon(?).

*Hwō liznaų ek sprekaną swē mannz jērǫ̂? Swē midi *te andi *uswé andi *túh2 andi allaizō þaizō skītōnē?

Man fuck all dese white people.

Medieval is a pretty broad term

Sounds familiar desu

T. Dutch

you know Quakers in Philadelphia used those pronouns amongst each other here until like the '60s?

For the sake of your social life, I highly advise you don't do this.

Medieval languages are more than that ya dingus

People in some parts of England still do.

Beautiful, the middle and old english sounds like something out of lord of the rings

Ja. Het is net zoals vreemd Nederlands

>Reads like an odd german dialect desu
well, that's what English is, or was back then, anyway.

Hvernig læri ég að tala eins og miðalda strákur? Eins og með þér og þú og þú og allt sem skítur.

underrated

Talk to a neckbeard virgin

Nederlands is zo ook al vreemd genoeg

Stay here and talk about how women could be warriors.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

that's early modern English NOT medieval english AKA middle English

That's what happens when you remove French influence from English language

Is it me or Middle English was even more cucked to French than Modern English is?

I would not say it's more French, no

The Old English verse totally does. A great sign of Tolkien's beautiful and in-depth knowledge of the past

More Dutch than English. Which is not strange of course but it catches me of guard.

Kanker

Nope, the only non Anglo-Saxon word in the modern English versions is pastures, while the Middle English version has four.

Why did English change so much?
I'm a Serbo-Croatian speaker and besides funky alphabet that takes some time deciphering, I understand like 90% of what they wrote in medieval times. Funny thing with Slavic language is that the further you go the better you understand them. Medieval Russian is pretty intelligible.